What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

how many time India and Pakistan went to war. did nukes stop Ukraine from standing against Russia .
without proper air force you can have as much missile as you like , when you give sky to enemy ,it's like you have tied one hand and want to get a wrestling medal
Key word is "threat environement"..who is our enemy...US/ISRAEL...they will have our skys no mater what... stop them from thinking about touching us in the first place...for every ones else from the south....hit their water supply....they get the message.

Key word is "threat environement"..who is our enemy...US/ISRAEL...they will have our skys no mater what... stop them from thinking about touching us in the first place...for every ones else from the south....hit their water supply....they get the message.
if Israel also can have our sky , then what are you guys fighting for. بهتره بریم پی کار خودمان
by the way ,right now look at all our neighbor , beside two country the rest probably have better air force.
you talk about hitting water supplies you think they cant hit back 10 time fold if you don't have air force , you think they can't hit dams , water treatment planes . communication center. specially since you guys plan give the sky to the enemy

A rumor says that the Jet Yasin is much more advanced technology than people think. So imagine that Iranian engineers would try an artificial intelligence placed in the 2nd cockpit to replace the rear driver. A human pilot at the front and an artificial intelligence behind

But it's a rumor

@drmeson ..you asked for it...we need a thread for " iranian military doctrine"...this subject goes way beyond airforce or nuclear..and guess what...you are the MAN ..lol

Last edited:
A rumor says that the Jet Yasin is much more advanced technology than people think. So imagine that Iranian engineers would try an artificial intelligence placed in the 2nd cockpit to replace the rear driver. A human pilot at the front and an artificial intelligence behind

But it's a rumor
you said it, rumor .

You have answered your own question..Iran's threat environement is better served with a missile centric approach . ..I can not disagree with such approach...
Iran should spend the money on nuclear, space,drone and missiles...if you have nuclear and missiles to deliver them no one of any significance will dare to touch you...but we also need our Nuclear Triad..so that is why we need those bigger subs and naval expenditure.

I feel such a unidimensional doctrine that revolves around Missile power, Airdefence and UCAVs is very risky. Dont you agree?

how many time India and Pakistan went to war. did nukes stop Ukraine from standing against Russia .
without proper air force you can have as much missile as you like , when you give sky to enemy ,it's like you have tied one hand and want to get a wrestling medal

IADS can take care of the aerial invasion from PGCC + Israel but they will be under extreme stress. If KSA+Kuwait+UAE launches some 100 jets to strike deep inside Iran ... F-15, EF-2000, F-16, Mirage-2000, how many will return and more importantly will the bases that launched them be there on their return, courtesy IRGC's return strike? the Iranian doctrine works without IRIAF too but it is extremely risky because SOWS can be delivered from outside the range of Iranian HIMADS. Besides without aerial assets on CAP flight, Iranian IADS will not be able to decide if the incoming invasion party will act hostile or not? tricky situation for them unless they have fighters in the sky to challenge the incoming party without firing missiles. Aircraft in interceptor role always has more options and tricks up its sleeve then a SAM.

IRIAF needs to survive at all costs and be given an interceptor role in the IADS with ~250 light fighters with who can take off quickly, provide CAPs. They must have low RCS, modern avionics, data linking, Long range BVR.

The problem is leadership has just given up on this force altogether. They are not interested in foreign procurement or domestic production. Politically we can not have a more favorable time to procure Russian jets then right now. Russia is vulnerable and can provide IRIAF not just their own fighters like MIG-29/35, SU-35 but also stuff to help Iran with domestic production. RD-33MK turbofan TOT, lightweight ARH BVR like R-77-1 can take Saegheh/Kowsar program to 4+ generation planes that I described above. But seems like leadership is just not interested at all. Meanwhile, they are over-equipping some other branches such as Missile forces or UCAVs which is resulting into mismanagement. Why two similar glide vehicles Haj Qassem and Kheybar Shikan were unvieled simultaneously? When we have Khorramshahr-II and Emad-II, why do we need Ghadr? Why Qiam-II when Dezful is a better platform? why Shahed-129, Shahed-149, Fotros, Kaman-22 are being built simultaneously? money being wasted, mismanagement all around ... Karrar vs Zolfaghar-III ... little cult-like groups pushing their own projects for funding.

My idea why is it happening is something many people here would not like to hear.

But it's a rumor

where did you hear this rumor?

@drmeson ..you asked for it...we need a thread for " iranian military doctrine"...this subject goes way beyond airforce or nuclear..and guess what...you are the MAN ..lol

Hehe ... I was very busy the past few days with travel. I will try my best to be less busy so that I can finish slides on missile forces (Emad-II in missile cities, Fateh family left) and then I will post a topic on Iranian military doctrine.

Defense doctrine:
- Parts and future of Iranian IADS (SAMs, GWACS network, Satellites, IRIAF)
- Naval assets

Offense doctrine:
- Attack manned and unmanned aircraft
- BM/CM
- Conventional and unconventional strike capability

Last edited:
Regarding the rumor of the intelligent cockpit of the Jet Yasin, I keep that for myself. I sometimes launch assertions on this forum without telling you the source. The time will confirm whether or not certain facts are true. According to Iranian logic and the rapid development of artificial intelligence in Iran, this rumor of Yasin's cockpit is very interesting and fascinating and even very logical. There are already Kowsar drone links with artificial intelligence so that makes you think. Human pilot and co-pilot makes artificial inlligence, very very interesting. I will follow it closely because there is a logic behind this rumor

As I stressed before: in light of the fact that proof's in the pudding i.e. that the enemy has consistently stopped short of subjecting Islamic Iran to major forms of military aggression - while doing so to adversaries which never came to close to the IR in terms of challenging and damaging zio-American interests, the sole rhetoric subterfuge left for those claiming that Iran's defence doctrine has failed to generate solid deterrence, is either the ridiculous theory of a "secret under the table alliance" with the US / zionists, the equally comical and illogical theory of Iran being deliberately left unharmed so as to serve as a "bogeyman" thanks to which imperial powers will milk PGCC monarchies via overpriced arms sales, or other faulty narratives that try to minimize or even deny Washington and Tel Aviv's rabid, existential enmity against the Iranian nation.

Quite simply put, had Iran's strategic planners and decision-makers fundamentally erred in their thinking as some armchair generals love to imagine, then a country by the name Iran would've no longer existed for us to sit and talk about. End of story.

Any extravagant air force build up is more than unlikely. And, this is precisely what will keep guaranteeing Islamic Iran's security.

Last edited:
As I stressed before: in light of the fact that proof's in the pudding i.e. that the enemy has consistently stopped short of subjecting Islamic Iran to major forms of military aggression - while doing so to adversaries which never came to close to the IR in terms of challenging and damaging zio-American interests, the sole rhetoric subterfuge left for those claiming that Iran's defence doctrine has failed to generate rock solid deterrence, is either the ridiculous theory of a "secret under the table alliance" between with the US / zionists, the equally comical and illogical theory of Iran being left unharmed so as to serve as a "bogeyman" that allows imperial powers to milk PGCC monarchies via overpriced arms sales, or other faulty narratives clumsily trying to minimize or even deny Washington and Tel Aviv's rabid, existential enmity against the Iranian nation.

Quite simply put, had Iran's strategic planners and decision-makers fundamentally erred in their thinking as some armchair generals love to imagine, then a country by the name Iran would've no longer existed by now for us to sit and talk about. End of story.

Any extravagant air force build up is more than unlikely. And, this is precisely what will keep guaranteeing Islamic Iran's security.
While I broadly agree, the lack of combat aviation hamstrings the Iranian bloc badly.

At least 500 new aircraft are required, chiefly fighter jets but also transporters, AWACS, ground attack aircraft and aerial refuelling tankers.

As for your assertion that a large enemy air force build-up is unlikely, I am pessimistic they'll neglect playing to that particular strength. Especially when all their client states are locked and loaded with F-15s and F-16s (in isnotreal's case, F-35s).

Some big claims by BT

- OWJ and IAIO have jointly produced a local F-14 airframe or some variant of it
- Completely indigenous TF30-P414 Turbofan copy has been built by OWJ
- Is it a new fighter jet to be unvieled or just some tesbed he did not eloborate.
- AIM-9X equivalent all aspect (90 degrees boresight) CCD seeking "Azarakhsh" sidewinder being tested with four motors controlling canards.
- Fakour-90's next generation Maghsoud with ARH seeker and longer range (180-200 KM) is going into testing/production in mid-2022
- There are total 34 x F-14A/AM airworthy of which 8 are F-14AM
- F-14A/AM costs 3 Million USD per 24 months of routine service.

F-14AM's known upgrades

- Overhaul of airframe with 843 locally built parts
- New improved hydraulic and pneumatic system
- Complete overhaul of TF30-P414 Turbofans
- New Navigation and mission control system
- AWG-9 receiving lighter newly built parts, digitalization of signals, modern processors
- Fakour-90 LR-BVR Integration

115521.jpeg

Remove AWG-9 and LR-BVR from thr F-14 and its a becoming a burden on IRIAF

Some big claims by BT

- OWJ and IAIO have jointly produced a local F-14 airframe or some variant of it
- Is it a new fighter jet to be unvieled or just some tesbed he did not eloborate.
- AIM-9X equivalent all aspect (90 degrees boresight) CCD seeking "Azarakhsh" sidewinder being tested with four motors controlling canards.
- Fakour-90's next generation Maghsoud with ARH seeker and longer range (180-200 KM) is going into testing/production in mid-2022

F-14AM's known upgrades

- AWG-9 receiving lighter newly built parts, digitalization of signals, modern processors

115521.jpeg

@Mr Iran Eye @WudangMaster Your predictions seem to be on the right track, brothers.

While I broadly agree, the lack of combat aviation hamstrings the Iranian bloc badly.

At least 500 new aircraft are required, chiefly fighter jets but also transporters, AWACS, ground attack aircraft and aerial refuelling tankers.

As for your assertion that a large enemy air force build-up is unlikely, I am pessimistic they'll neglect playing to that particular strength. Especially when all their client states are locked and loaded with F-15s and F-16s (in isnotreal's case, F-35s).

Switching to a symmetrical defence doctrine, which the above suggestion essentially implies - considering the colossal cost associated with this sort of a procurement and the associated budget cuts it would suppose in key areas of weapons development, would invite aggression rather than deterring it.

It's precisely because Iran categorically rejected symmetrical thinking that she is still alive today. Imperial client states of the region are no match for Iran, a country capable enough to go up against the USA regime let alone its vassals.

Given the relative characteristics of Iran and her enemy, it's reassuring to know there are no signs for a change of course on Iran's part.

Last edited:
Switching to a symmetrical defence doctrine, which the above suggestion essentially implies - especially considering the colossal cost associated with this sort of a procurement and the associated budget cuts it would suppose in key areas of weapons development, would invite aggression rather than deterring it.

It's precisely because Iran categorically rejected symmetrical thinking that she is still alive today. Imperial client states of the region are no match for Iran, which is capable enough to go up against the USA regime let alone its vassals.

Given the relative characteristics of Iran and her enemy, it's reassuring to know there are no signs of Iran preparing to change course.
Again, I don't disagree. But strengthening symmetrical warfare capabilities over a 10 year period wouldn't suddenly shift the sands.

Besides, the Iranian IADS is not easy to overwhelm and destroy plus the Iranians have a massive arsenal of missiles for retaliatory strikes the moment hostilities begin.

In light of this, a defence budget expansion and rearmament is warranted for the purpose of deterrence, at the very least, although I would make a case for intervention in Syria.

Some big claims by BT

F-14AM's known upgrades

115521.jpeg

I hope they increased the thrust (both dry and afterburner) in the indigenous design.

Next step would be to work on thrust-vectoring control in order to make the domestic F-14 more agile.

@Mr Iran Eye @WudangMaster Your predictions seem to be on the right track, brothers.
I truly hope Mr. Azarmehr's assertions about the native TF30 is true, but I just don't understand why it would not have been made known publicly, unless the project and the engines are not yet mature enough? Maybe they are workshop level production instead of industrial churn out, but that still be worth bragging about.

Back
Top Bottom