What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

the problem is budget ...
our Air force upgrade some of F14 A to new Standard , FA14AM ; but they didn't have enough budget to upgrade all of F14 A to F14 AM standard ...
thats not the case . i assume you're saying that because only one F-14 has the splinter camo .

but thats it . they will NOT change the camo in F-14AM as splinter camo gradually puts the wingman to sleep :D

that F-14 was a symbol of the project and further upgraded F-14AMs are not going to receive that camo .

Comment made by Eagle2009 from IMF with regards to the poster:

-Bottom image is the original APQ-120 radar
-Middle image shows the original APQ's parabolic radar antenna but the rest of the radar system (the real "guts") is new. Perhaps a "digital" upgrade of the original APQ-120?
-Top image is a fully replaced radar system, showing a mechanically scanning planar array antenna.
So, are these the stages of the upgrade project? I mean are the going to happen in three phases over time or some of the stages are already done?

So, are these the stages of the upgrade project? I mean are the going to happen in three phases over time or some of the stages are already done?

There is no indicator at what stage they're at right now, but if I had to guess, I would say they probably already made the 3rd stage!

There is no indicator at what stage they're at right now, but if I had to guess, I would say they probably already made the 3rd stage!

the problem is that our air force become a museum , supporting and keeping all these various aircraft operational is sucking budget like hell ...

Last edited:
the problem is that our air force become a museum , supporting and keeping all these various aircraft are sucking budget like hell ...

Hopefully we can get some Su-30 license production so we can get rid of all these junks. They could turn them into unmanned planes for target practise of our surface to air missiles etc. But you're right, they are just sucking money from the airforce! They should use those moneys in R&D projects instead for engines like J-90 etc.

dsa.jpg

daad.jpg

گزارش تصویری از پانزدهمین نمایشگاه دستاوردهای پژوهش و فناوری - گالري نيروي هوايي - Military.ir

I heard that you will purchase 150 J-10 fighters from China is it true?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom