What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Iran has 150-200 fighter jets in its inventory.

Iran has significantly more than 150-200 fighter jets in its inventory, even if some might be in storage. Don't rely on western officials and analysts, whose estimates in this regard are comparable to their (often deliberately) biased statements about the size of Iran's ballistic missile arsenal.

Last edited:
The Su 57 is technologically superior to the J-20! Better skill, faster, more maneuverable, better weapons, better radar and more.
Yes you are right.
The Su 30 MK detects the J-20
Our neighbors call it "Raptor of East" but let me tell you its just bomb truck not some truly air superiority fighter jet.Guess why India moved to Rafael instead of SU 35?

And you are saying that Su 30 can detect J20? If its radars were so superior,why India needed Rafael?

Yes you are right.

Our neighbors call it "Raptor of East" but let me tell you its just bomb truck not some truly air superiority fighter jet.Guess why India moved to Rafael instead of SU 35?

And you are saying that Su 30 can detect J20? If its radars were so superior,why India needed Rafael?
Because everything from military hardwares that Indians touched turned to dust.

They made some parts of SU30 in India and tried to get their hands on its technology as a part of their agreement. Guess what they screwed the fighter jet.

That's why they are begging Russians for Russian upgrade package.

it slips solid here!

Russia catching up with China for the 5th generation? This is not serious because Russia is more advanced than China on engines and the miniaturization of on-board technologies. Bigger doesn't mean more technologically advanced.

The Su 57 is technologically superior to the J-20! Better skill, faster, more maneuverable, better weapons, better radar and more. The Su 30 MK detects the J-20

What a stupid statement! :crazy:... and indeed the Indian MKI detected the J-20 since it carrier´d RCS-enhancer in order to increase its visibility on radar. So all these Indian did was lightning up the sky with all they had on radar and they saw a J-20, which was aimed to be seen ... so in consequence the PLAAF gathered all the info on any Indian radar system for nothing!

And yes, since the Su-57 is so much superior, it is still not in service. :omghaha:

A source in Iran has confirmed that Iran's new government and IRIAF have decided and completed the process to get a batch of JF-17 over the next 8 years, with upgraded engine.

Does anyone have any sources that can confirm this or has anyone else heard of this in the last 24 hours?

Thanks.

A source in Iran has confirmed that Iran's new government and IRIAF have decided and completed the process to get a batch of JF-17 over the next 8 years, with upgraded engine.

Does anyone have any sources that can confirm this or has anyone else heard of this in the last 24 hours?

Thanks.
Well Bagheri was in Pakistan and made some deal with Pakistan where PAkistan will train IRIAF personel in exchange for Pakistan spec. forces trainig in Iran has F-7 only that also fly in PAF,and Iran already has pilots trained in China for F-7 and currently there are some IRIAF pilots in China... this deal make sense in case Iran order JF.17,and I already said I expect some contract with China since Iran would more likely want to balance

It is overall capability of whole air force and military is what is important,not independent platforms and overall capability has nothing to do with simple subtraction of individual platforms or potential capability of it..Air force is even more unique when it comes to this and most capabilities dont even depend on aircraft itself..I know people play games these days a lot but it is nothing like that in reality. If it is,KSA would be 3th worlds strongest military but no one consider it to be in top 50...and will not be even if they buy every 5th and 4++ gen aircraft available....instead they would get a lot more if they spend that money to buid militay academies,military and science related universities..etc

Thanks.

Over next 8 years? Amazing....a Iran JF-17 4th Gen fighter will be going up against America’s 6th Gen fighter, next gen B-2, and next gen B-1.

If it takes 8 years to deliver all of JF-17 it better be coming with heavy ToT or complete production in Iran.

I have my doubts over this news...Iran has never liked Chinese fighters.

Over next 8 years? Amazing....a Iran JF-17 4th Gen fighter will be going up against America’s 6th Gen fighter, next gen B-2, and next gen B-1.

If it takes 8 years to deliver all of JF-17 it better be coming with heavy ToT or complete production in Iran.

I have my doubts over this news...Iran has never liked Chinese fighters.

ANY purchase of aircraft is a waste against any major power like the US, Russia, or China today or in 8 years. I have my concerns about the news in its entirety.

ANY purchase of aircraft is a waste against any major power like the US, Russia, or China today or in 8 years. I have my concerns about the news in its entirety.

Not true at all, SU-35, J-31, SU-57, J-20 all have technologies that Iranian defense contractors and military complex would LOVE to see up close and understand.

It would go LIGHT YEARS in advancing Iran’s knowledge of modern cutting edge fighter jet production, just like Rq-170 advanced Iran’s drone tech by a decade.

The only reason the war continued was Khomeini’s instance on exporting the revolution to Iraq and rest of the Middle East. This false narrative your pushing that he did it to weaken Saddam from future attacks never existed. The military objectives by Iran were met (defense of its territorial integrity) instead he kept the war for 6 more years and then accepted the same ceasefire begrudgingly.
Originally it was not Khomeini who decided to continue the war, this "the war continued because Khomeini wanted to export the revolution" is actually the false narrative.

Thanks.
Considering that the pakistanis could not even build their own section of the ip pipeline out of the fear of us displeasure,and the consequences that might bring,despite the fact that the pipeline would`ve provided their economy with much badly needed energy.Frankly it seems very unlikely that they would risk that same displeasure over something like weapons sales to iran.
In addition pakistan doesnt produce some of the most critical components and systems for the jf-17,such as the engine[russian or chinese] and the weapons[chinese],plus its the chinese who produce the bulk of the avionics.
Naturally one can see just how much this would have the potential to complicate the supplies of spares and technical support and back-up.
And of course the jf17,as a single engined light fighter,still doesnt solve irans main problem,which is a replacement for the f14.
The only way that I could see this as being somewhat possible was if it was entirely done through china,but then if that was the case,why not simply go for the j10 instead,or the j16 for that matter.

Thanks everyone for replying.

What TheImmortal said above, " Iranian defense contractors and military complex would LOVE to see up close and understand. ", I have actually heard this so many times in the last 5+ years from so many people whose family members are in Iran, in IRIAF or retired recently.

I guess, Iran (rightfully) feels that they have fallen behind, and hence they don't like that.Both Su35 or Su30MKI (with India's knowledge) can bring Iran much closer to the latest tech in the AF combat arena.

JF17 for Iran is a replacement, I would guess - no other way would this make any sense - for F-5s or in some cases F4s. They would NOT regard them as front line air intercept/defense but rather quick air interdiction at low cost of operation, and relatively quick adoption into service since Iran is somewhat familiar with the engine and has some background with it (RD-93).

Pakistan and the gas pipeline had nothing to do with U.S., not really. Pakistan had its own problems, and interference from Saudis, and issues with India part of the pipeline.

J10s or J16s are not a fair comparison with Jf17, not really. All of them need Russia to approve the engine sale/provision. WS-10A not available for export.

Iran will still have a few more rounds of negotiations before we find out if the source in Isfahan is correct or not.

Still believe that Iran needs to get hold of an engine of its own, and everything else it can gradually build up.

Also, of course, TheImmortal has a good point, Iran does want to take a look at a Su35/Su30 up close and personal and use it and learn from it. Hopefully not buying too many and wasting too much money. Hope they get some TOT for it also, directly.

Thanks again to all that replied.

It is overall capability of whole air force and military is what is important,not independent platforms and overall capability has nothing to do with simple subtraction of individual platforms or potential capability of it..Air force is even more unique when it comes to this and most capabilities dont even depend on aircraft itself..I know people play games these days a lot but it is nothing like that in reality. If it is,KSA would be 3th worlds strongest military but no one consider it to be in top 50...and will not be even if they buy every 5th and 4++ gen aircraft available....instead they would get a lot more if they spend that money to buid militay academies,military and science related universities..etc
VERY well said. Hence why Iran needs to have a fighter jet of its own, and able to do cost effective training, further R&D development, and a competent support and training industry of its own.

Iran has significantly more than 150-200 fighter jets in its inventory, even if some might be in storage. Don't rely on western officials and analysts, whose estimates in this regard are comparable to their (often deliberately) biased statements about the size of Iran's ballistic missile arsenal.
Western and Zionist "intelligence" about Iranian military capabilities is as good as their rosy outlook on Afghanistan and Iraq. The reality is that Iran has developed a quite formidable defence R&D, and production infrastructure that can produce quite sophisticated weaponry. Iran has successfully overhauled and upgraded a mix of US, Russian, Chinese and French aircraft in its inventory. IRIAF has one of the highest combat readiness capability is the world at about 80% (mission capable) as Iran produces most of domestic hybrid spared for F-5, F4E, and most commendably the F-14A Persian cats whose life span has been prolonged to well over 2035. Most Iranian airframes, avionics and engines have been overhauled and upgraded. Iran also operates the largest helicopter fleet in the region. So western and Zionist disinformation is mere nonsense and should be taken with a Chinook full of salt.

Back
Top Bottom