What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

a test model for secret Iranian stealth fighter jet program crashed, you learn from these setbacks :tup: 🇮🇷

to me it seems the model is from air force's stealth fighter project

View attachment 734114
That craft has the profile of one of the sofreh mahi drone models paraded many years ago and were pretty much put on the back burner when Iran acquired the Rq170. Maybe this is a civilian rc model?

Your (supposed) piloting credentials mean as much to aircraft design as a person with a driver license has on car design. It's amateurish at best! The g-tolerances of airframes are IN FACT at 9g BECAUSE of the pilot being the sizing factor. If humans could withstand more g's then you can bet your *** that airframes would be designed to reach that limit.
In this instance he's correct. An F-16 normally has a g-limit of 9g which is the limit of what most pilots can take. But as soon as you add wing-mounted external fuel tanks to it (which is almost always) that drops to 7 or 7.5g (I believe). That's because the fuel tanks are obviously very heavy and could damage the wings or completely rip off at high Gs. That limit is enforced by the FBW.

But I do think that air superiority UCAVs in future would be designed to breach 9g, assuming they have relatively light air to air weapons instead of bombs and EFTs.

1618495213276.jpeg

US Air Force released concept for their 6th gen fighter (prototype built in one year)

The need for next gen Iranian fighters grows by the day. If US fields 200 “mini B-2’s” then it doesn’t matter what air defense Iran fields...some will make it thru. Until Quantum radar becomes a reality which is still 10+ years away at least if not more.

Why was this allowed to fly over a populated area ? Just like with the accidental shooting down of that airliner, why did Iran not close off its airspace even after neighboring countries did ? Why are Iranian officials seemingly so careless when it comes to safety ?

a test model for secret Iranian stealth fighter jet program crashed, you learn from these setbacks :tup: 🇮🇷

to me it seems the model is from air force's stealth fighter project

View attachment 734114
These are just rumors. Iran is only really interested in Russian fighter jets and no deal will go through with either China nor Russia unless Iran buys at the least 100 aircraft. Iran can always pay with oil so money is not really an issue. With recently new sanctions impossed on Russia and with Russia being cash strapped, it becomes even more likely that some kind of deal will eventually go through.

25 year deal working wonders /sarcasm

To China apologists on this board, if this true I hope you rethink your thinking that China will do anything strategic on Iran.

If Iran wants to buy J-10C and they refuse then they are same old China.

Anymore photos of incident?

Looks like a 1:25 scale mock up. Or 1:10 if its a smaller fighter.

Could also be a future MALE drone.

But if it is a fighter jet then it is still 7+ years away from mass production if it’s at this stage.

Last edited:

To China apologists on this board, if this true I hope you rethink your thinking that China will do anything strategic on Iran.

But if it is a fighter jet then it is still 7+ years away from mass production if it’s at this stage.
again nonsense speculation about future fighter jet purchase for Iran .
wonder when they learn that Iran don't want any light fighter

If HESA is behind the project then I Cant take the project seriously for now.
why not they have Karrar , they have several type of suicide drones majority of drones operated by our allies are made by HESA, they have Hamaseh , also intrestingly Mohajer-6 is produced by HESA not Qods Aviation

why not they have Karrar , they have several type of suicide drones majority of drones operated by our allies are made by HESA, they have Hamaseh , also intrestingly Mohajer-6 is produced by HESA not Qods Aviation

Karrar isn’t mass produced. Hamaseh is non existentant.

The quality of drone projects is substantially better when IRGC is involved rather than just HESA.

HESA lost the benefit doubt long time ago with their F-5 projects.

Karrar isn’t mass produced. Hamaseh is non existentant.

The quality of drone projects is substantially better when IRGC is involved rather than just HESA.

HESA lost the benefit doubt long time ago with their F-5 projects.
are you sure its not mass produced ,
afe7467d2eb95cb0f2cbd47805a656fb.jpg

by the way are you aware that Quds aviation don't have that F-5 project, and every single aircraft and helicopter being able to fly is due to HESA

That craft has the profile of one of the sofreh mahi drone models paraded many years ago and were pretty much put on the back burner when Iran acquired the Rq170. Maybe this is a civilian rc model?
no it was flying in restricted area of air force base and Iranian already confirmed its military project that had a accident
View attachment 734309

US Air Force released concept for their 6th gen fighter (prototype built in one year)

The need for next gen Iranian fighters grows by the day. If US fields 200 “mini B-2’s” then it doesn’t matter what air defense Iran fields...some will make it thru. Until Quantum radar becomes a reality which is still 10+ years away at least if not more.
Iran needs a long - endurance missile that hovers over and over again until it finds a target much like missile 358 but with a ramjet engine to reach supersonic speeds in the time of need, an flying air defense missile network

Last edited:
Why was this allowed to fly over a populated area ? Just like with the accidental shooting down of that airliner, why did Iran not close off its airspace even after neighboring countries did ? Why are Iranian officials seemingly so careless when it comes to safety ?

These are just rumors. Iran is only really interested in Russian fighter jets and no deal will go through with either China nor Russia unless Iran buys at the least 100 aircraft. Iran can always pay with oil so money is not really an issue. With recently new sanctions impossed on Russia and with Russia being cash strapped, it becomes even more likely that some kind of deal will eventually go through.
the deputy governor of Shahinshahr confirmed the crash of the drone, its military project

are you sure its not mass produced ,
afe7467d2eb95cb0f2cbd47805a656fb.jpg

by the way are you aware that Quds aviation don't have that F-5 project, and every single aircraft and helicopter being able to fly is due to HESA

I thought you meant Karrar tank not Karrar drone. Karrar drone exactly proves my point it is a old target drone converted to bomber.

Iran’s advanced UAVs are built by IRGC affiliated companies. And they don’t share tech with HESA or Air Force. Air Force just spent (wasted) money to copy predator drone.

And if IRGC affiliated companies were involved in Iran’s Air Force 20 years ago they would do a much better job than HESA. And F-5 project is a waste of time. Quds Aviation doesn’t waste time...HESA are like university kids working on prototypes that go no where.

In this instance he's correct. An F-16 normally has a g-limit of 9g which is the limit of what most pilots can take. But as soon as you add wing-mounted external fuel tanks to it (which is almost always) that drops to 7 or 7.5g (I believe). That's because the fuel tanks are obviously very heavy and could damage the wings or completely rip off at high Gs. That limit is enforced by the FBW.

But I do think that air superiority UCAVs in future would be designed to breach 9g, assuming they have relatively light air to air weapons instead of bombs and EFTs.

Or just do suicide against manned fighter. Which is another advantage of drones vs. manned fighterjets.

Or just do suicide against manned fighter. Which is another advantage of drones vs. manned fighterjets.

No drone can catch a manned fighter. Not to mention latency issue means that a few seconds of lag and drone loses sight of fighter jet for good.

What people expect of drones is 10-15 years away maybe even decades.

Back
Top Bottom