What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Well..."10-15 years away" seams to be your standard answer...

It’s better than your Sci-Fi theories.

Right now only Chinese Dark Sword could be considered an unmanned fighter jet. But even it is not built to fight other manned fighter jets. It theoretically can since it’s a supersonic fighter jet, but it’s not its niche.

Until AI gets advanced enough, there will always be latency issue (satellite to ground control to operator) and a manned pilot only need a few seconds to create separation and destroy the drone or disappear.

So again....not a feasible idea in current circumstances. Probably won’t be feasible in 10 years either.

It’s better than your Sci-Fi theories.

Right now only Chinese Dark Sword could be considered an unmanned fighter jet. But even it is not built to fight other manned fighter jets. It theoretically can since it’s a supersonic fighter jet, but it’s not its niche.

Until AI gets advanced enough, there will always be latency issue (satellite to ground control to operator) and a manned pilot only need a few seconds to create separation and destroy the drone or disappear.

So again....not a feasible idea in current circumstances. Probably won’t be feasible in 10 years either.
Wow...maybe you should try the jump over the "10-15 years away" river, cause even your country has UCAVs in fighter size since years. And guess what! They are autonomous cause of computer and AI. Even the EU has its UCAV with its maiden flight in 2012.

Do the jump! Come to us!

I thought you meant Karrar tank not Karrar drone. Karrar drone exactly proves my point it is a old target drone converted to bomber.

Iran’s advanced UAVs are built by IRGC affiliated companies. And they don’t share tech with HESA or Air Force. Air Force just spent (wasted) money to copy predator drone.

And if IRGC affiliated companies were involved in Iran’s Air Force 20 years ago they would do a much better job than HESA. And F-5 project is a waste of time. Quds Aviation doesn’t waste time...HESA are like university kids working on prototypes that go no where.
well , after the bomber , it also converted for air to air role and now can fire sidewinder . no other drone in Iran inventory can do that.

well , after the bomber , it also converted for air to air role and now can fire sidewinder . no other drone in Iran inventory can do that.

Yes and you can attach kabob to it and say no other drone in Iran inventory can do that.

Come on man, sidewinder fired from a drone that lacks radar is a joke and not a threat to a modern fighter jet maybe another drone.

IRGC drones are better quality and technology. You will see in the future the IRGC drones they are about to unveil. Then you won’t think the same about HESA/Air force any longer.

Wow...maybe you should try the jump over the "10-15 years away" river, cause even your country has UCAVs in fighter size since years. And guess what! They are autonomous cause of computer and AI. Even the EU has its UCAV with its maiden flight in 2012.

Do the jump! Come to us!

Which UCAV is that? Name me a UCAV that engages manned fighter. Apparently you are confusing UCAV size for operational role. You claimed their were drones that could “suicide” into a manned fighter or drones that could engage manned fighters. When proven wrong, you have now resorted to talking about UCAV sizes and the fact they can fly without human input on a pre planned route. My $500 drone from DJI can also do that and land on its own, that’s not A.I.!

Predator/Reaper/etc are not ment to engage other fighters. And none of them have sophisticated AI to engage manned fighters please do not spread lies.

RQ-180 is a recon drone and Wingman that is under development is ment to assist manned fighters.

So again you are wrong, there is no true unmanned autonomous air to air fighter. Closest thing is Dark Sword and that is more an unmanned semi autonomous stealth fighter engaging in A2G operstions

Last edited:
Which UCAV is that? Name me a UCAV that engages manned fighter. Apparently you are confusing UCAV size for operational role. You claimed their were drones that could “suicide” into a manned fighter or drones that could engage manned fighters. When proven wrong, you have now resorted to talking about UCAV sizes and the fact they can fly without human input on a pre planned route. My $500 drone from DJI can also do that and land on its own, that’s not A.I.!

Predator/Reaper/etc are not ment to engage other fighters. And none of them have sophisticated AI to engage manned fighters please do not spread lies.

RQ-180 is a recon drone and Wingman that is under development is ment to assist manned fighters.

So again you are wrong, there is no true unmanned autonomous air to air fighter. Closest thing is Dark Sword and that is more an unmanned semi autonomous stealth fighter engaging in A2G operstions

Well, you can use google. And yes, i know that google do mostly show old stuff. But meanwhile i can educate you about your own military....

"Air Force researchers are designing an autonomous aircraft that can take down a manned plane in air-to-air combat, with the goal of pitting the two against each other in July 2021."

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-to-test-fighter-drone-against-human-pilot/

AND

a fighter jet pilot needs 5-10 years and thousands of flight hours to be really good in his job. A drone dont. A serial fighter drone could be build within a month and is then combat ready. And this is another advantage of a fighter drone over a manned fighter jet.

Please, stop boring me.

Well, you can use google. And yes, i know that google do mostly show old stuff. But meanwhile i can educate you about your own military....

"Air Force researchers are designing an autonomous aircraft that can take down a manned plane in air-to-air combat, with the goal of pitting the two against each other in July 2021."

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-to-test-fighter-drone-against-human-pilot/

AND

a fighter jet pilot needs 5-10 years and thousands of flight hours to be really good in his job. A drone dont. A serial fighter drone could be build within a month and is then combat ready. And this is another advantage of a fighter drone over a manned fighter jet.

Please, stop boring me.

“me thinks” you didn’t even read your own article.

It’s literally in early stages R&D and would have a “test“ this year. (Which it missed btw).

So again seems like my 10-15 year argument wasn’t wrong.

Meanwhile me thinks you don’t know how to debate first you said UCAV that tackle manned fighters exist and that drones can suicide into manned fighters. (they don’t/they cant). When I ask for proof you show me an article skunkworks proof of concept article that says they are in early stages of experimenting.

The article mentions another drone I mentioned (Wingman) which is close to deployment, but still under testing as a trial to see how a support drone does with helping manned fighters side by side.

So again you didn’t bring anything new to the table and couldn’t prove my time window as wrong. First you said they already existed for “years” then backtracked and posted an article with little substance that says skunkworks is toying with the thought but hasn’t even gotten it to physical R&D stage yet.

The Saeghe and Kowsar project are very far from a waste of time. General TheImmortal is still lost in his analyzes. The Kowsar is more evolved than one thinks and one day not very far, Iran will unveil surprises on this subject. Hesa is advancing rapidly in aircraft technology and we will be witnessing soon.

I have already said that the new powerful engine is already in working order and I will earn my point on the subject. Iran's announcement process had to be well analyzed because underground, the technologies are more advanced than they tell us.

Iran has undisclosed secret weapons, keep this in mind

“me thinks” you didn’t even read your own article.

It’s literally in early stages R&D and would have a “test“ this year. (Which it missed btw).

Ah, in "early stages R&D". Well, take a look at this, from 1998. This were the "early stages" of the article i posted

Over 20 years ago. So in total you are backward these 23 years plus your "10-15 years away", makes you 35+ years out of time.

"would have a “test“ this year. (Which it missed btw)." .... how could it missed if the test is set to happen in three month, in July 2021?

I stop this "discussion" here. Its IRIAF thread, not UAV thread.

1618568279561.png

HESA Scaled down fighter model crashes.......

View attachment 734592

HESA Scaled down fighter model crashes.......
What do you suppose the plane looks like when in its final form? Could it be a modification to the qaher frame or is this something new or did they modify one of the sofre mahis but to what end? Is this to be a drone or piloted craft? Will there be engines for the full sized version available?
Here is the one that might be continuing, not it was alway implied this version would be piloted. It does have an awkwardly placed air intake at the top of the fuselage, making better for a drone than fighter unless their positions are changed...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 62
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 65
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 72
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Saeqeh crosses the skies of the Persian Gulf

Shahid Sattari Aeronautical University, an institution affiliated with the Iranian military, is moving at high speed towards self-sufficiency to manufacture defense products. The construction of fighter jets, including Saeqeh and Kowsar, is a big part of his schedule.

With two J85 engines and a speed of 1.8 times the speed of sound, Saeqeh has an aerodynamic character. With the construction of the Owj engine and its imminent use in defense products such as Saeqeh fighters, parts manufacturing boomed and Iran's airline industry became independent: the Owj engine ended import.

With an operational range of 800 km, the Saeqeh drone is capable of both conducting and supporting an operation. It has a bulletproof cockpit. Weighing eight tons, it becomes an 18-ton bird after taking off.

Its second version, Saeqeh-2, is a two-cabin fighter, equipped with an electro-avionics system.

Completely Iranian made, the Kowsar fighter is equipped with technologies such as fire control using military digital data network, fully digital multipurpose screens, smart moving map system, computer ballistic weapon calculations. The most important features of Kowsar are the accuracy of detection and the ability to destroy targets.

In the sense of strengthening the defense industry, the Iranian Air Force has as its motto the motto of the late Imam Khomeini "We can", just like in the days of Sacred Defense, affirmed. the adviser to the Commander of the Iranian Air Force.

“The Iranian Ministry of Defense, the armed forces and the IRGC forces have all succeeded in implementing par excellence the motto of the late founder of the Islamic Revolution,” he said.

According to him, the construction of combat aircraft in the service of the Air Force is in accordance with advanced technologies.

What do you suppose the plane looks like when in its final form? Could it be a modification to the qaher frame or is this something new or did they modify one of the sofre mahis but to what end? Is this to be a drone or piloted craft? Will there be engines for the full sized version available?
Here is the one that might be continuing, not it was alway implied this version would be piloted. It does have an awkwardly placed air intake at the top of the fuselage, making better for a drone than fighter unless their positions are changed...

It's likely the Sofreh Mahi however that craft is too small to be a useful Jet powered UAV unless it's a scale down model of a UAV.... I would assume that the success of the full scale UAV version will likely determine whether they'll ho ahead and turn it into a manned fighter....

As for the Q-313 that plane was an embarrassment from the start... To me Q313 would of at best been a good Tech demonstrator of a low end Iranian Aviation University designed by a bunch of university students and developed and built using PANHA infrastructure. And NOTHING MORE! I honestly hope their developers prove me wrong however I have always seen it as a failed project and at best nothing more than a tech demonstrator...

As for the Sofreh Mahi models I think If they can add 2D TVC with strong enough engines I would go with the one that looks like this

1618618991600.png

However if TVC is no possible then the one below would be my choice however the location of the intake would need to change.....

1618619192934.png

clearly the one above is the one that crashed.....

It's likely the Sofreh Mahi however that craft is too small to be a useful Jet powered UAV unless it's a scale down model of a UAV.... I would assume that the success of the full scale UAV version will likely determine whether they'll ho ahead and turn it into a manned fighter....

As for the Q-313 that plane was an embarrassment from the start... To me Q313 would of at best been a good Tech demonstrator of a low end Iranian Aviation University designed by a bunch of university students and developed and built using PANHA infrastructure. And NOTHING MORE! I honestly hope their developers prove me wrong however I have always seen it as a failed project and at best nothing more than a tech demonstrator...

As for the Sofreh Mahi models I think If they can add 2D TVC with strong enough engines I would go with the one that looks like this

View attachment 734787

However if TVC is no possible then the one below would be my choice however the location of the intake would need to change.....

View attachment 734789

clearly the one above is the one that crashed.....

If they are flying toy RCs at 1:10 full scale around, the program is basically on the drawing broad.

Even Iran’s attack helicopter project made it further than this with one prototype built.

Sofreh Mahi project is over 12 years old. To be a scale toy RC? Just embarrassing.

Like I said IRGC Aviation could run circles around HESA if they wanted to devote the resources.

If they are flying toy RCs at 1:10 full scale around, the program is basically on the drawing broad.

Even Iran’s attack helicopter project made it further than this with one prototype built.

Sofreh Mahi project is over 12 years old. To be a scale toy RC? Just embarrassing.

Like I said IRGC Aviation could run circles around HESA if they wanted to devote the resources.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell is going on here, at least 10+ years and nothing to show for it?

Back
Top Bottom