What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

well , you are sayin your interpterion ... I'm just quoting what he directly said ... He wasn't aggressive when he was young , old age make people more passive ... people tend to forget how old he is ...
you are saying @SalarHaqq is giving his own interpretation...but you yourself added your interpretation to the policies of Khamenei that you posted though!!

afaik, shahed-171 is the 1:1 copy of rq-170 and shahed-191 is the 60% copy.

I like mohajer-6 more because it can carry 4 PGM, way cheaper and Iran produces at a much higher rate than the shahed-129.

The lineage has certainly come a long way and caught up to the shahed series pretty decently. There was more discussion regarding it man pages ago from a few years back when it was first unveiled.

Last edited:
1604261595025.png

integrating rim-66 into phantom and for A2G aplication. Iran's only guided missile (maverick) was not strong enough to disable Iraqi tankers during war and even with 4 shots tankers were able to survive and continue their mission. also they were merely TV guided so no night time operations.
side note: the general bazarghan has PHD in strategic sciences (if I remember currectly) and he started the self sufficency jihad organisation/movement and it's safe to say he had a major role in what we know as iranian defense industry today.

integrating rim-66 into phantom and for A2G aplication. Iran's only guided missile (maverick) was not strong enough to disable Iraqi tankers during war and even with 4 shots tankers were able to survive and continue their mission. also they were merely TV guided so no night time operations.
side note: the general bazarghan has PHD in strategic sciences (if I remember currectly) and he started the self sufficency jihad organisation/movement and it's safe to say he had a major role in what we know as iranian defense industry today.

I wonder how much easier or harder was this mating of the standard to the phantom compared to integrating the hawk to the tomcat radar? Was this done in parallel or after?
Om a side note, there is an ancient image from the 80s floating around showing some standards on modified hawk launchers and some have said this was photoshop om various forums over the years but I heard in a recent interview or article a while back that this was an actual project though it didn't get far and the much later talash project instead worked on making the standard naval radars land based as well as mating to S200's radars before the najm series came along.

I wonder how much easier or harder was this mating of the standard to the phantom compared to integrating the hawk to the tomcat radar? Was this done in parallel or after?
Om a side note, there is an ancient image from the 80s floating around showing some standards on modified hawk launchers and some have said this was photoshop om various forums over the years but I heard in a recent interview or article a while back that this was an actual project though it didn't get far and the much later talash project instead worked on making the standard naval radars land based as well as mating to S200's radars before the najm series came along.
seems like air force during the war used the standard missiles in MIM-23 system to hunt down two mig-25 and succeed in one case.
regarding the timing I think both projects were in use in last year of war.
sayeh (shadow), New EW plane of IRIAF:

Last edited:
you are saying @SalarHaqq is giving his own interpretation...but you yourself added your interpretation to the policies of Khamenei that you posted though!!

the difference is that I interpret his words close to what he said , the Salar Haqq is seeking hidden meaning in his word ...

Khamenei said
  • that Nuke is Haram and we won't research , build , keep and use these kind of weapon in any circumstance ...
  • He said we won't be starter in war with USA ....

so , what is clear message from these 2 sentence ?!

Iran already has nukes in the form of its geography and topography.

Nukes only help against invaders and Iran’s land is already impossible for any invader without a force of 750,000 soldiers.

Nukes do not help against proxy wars, soft wars, color revolutions, sabotage, skrimshes, short wars, etc.

Until nukes (or tactical nukes) get used in conflict and that Pandora box is opened, gaining nukes will not take the pressure off Iran or result in containment policy being broken.

the difference is that I interpret his words close to what he said , the Salar Haqq is seeking hidden meaning in his word ...

Khamenei said
  • that Nuke is Haram and we won't research , build , keep and use these kind of weapon in any circumstance ...
  • He said we won't be starter in war with USA ....

so , what is clear message from these 2 sentence ?!
But the deep truth is that Iran HAS done sensitive nuclear research...why you think Iranian govt and IAEA have been playing hide and seek with nuclear sites in Iran? Why you think Iran hid sites from IAEA until either IAEA found out or the site was of no use to Iran? Iran has completed ALL the pieces to a nuclear program, except the actual warhead....why Iran need FORDOW, which is an underground fortress if its housing legal common nuclear centrifuges????

have you guys checked the images here? my question is: are they flying the new kowsars in the war game?
mshrgh.ir/1137610
pic 1 with f5s:
pic2 with f5s:

OOOk... so i finally got time to check the photos. my sources are https://www.mizanonline.com/fa/news/632029/ for the 3 kowsars delivered and https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1397/08/12/1867954 for the first kowsar.
unfortunately the 3 kowsars do not have any serial numbers on the body. though the first one does:
1397081216322176015809514.jpg

i think the serial number is 3-7400. i did not see this number in the pictures from mashreghnews. also, i searched the wargames in google and checked all f5 pics i came across. I did not find the serial number.

another point: all kowsars have a logo from Hesa. i did not find this logo either.
so it is safe to assume there are no kowsars in the wargame and all kowsars are somewhere else...

Hesa.PNG

p.s.: the mizanonline page had the highest quality pictures of the 3 kowsars. i took the logo from their picture.

OOOk... so i finally got time to check the photos. my sources are https://www.mizanonline.com/fa/news/632029/ for the 3 kowsars delivered and https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1397/08/12/1867954 for the first kowsar.
unfortunately the 3 kowsars do not have any serial numbers on the body. though the first one does:
1397081216322176015809514.jpg

i think the serial number is 3-7400. i did not see this number in the pictures from mashreghnews. also, i searched the wargames in google and checked all f5 pics i came across. I did not find the serial number.

another point: all kowsars have a logo from Hesa. i did not find this logo either.
so it is safe to assume there are no kowsars in the wargame and all kowsars are somewhere else...

View attachment 684938

p.s.: the mizanonline page had the highest quality pictures of the 3 kowsars. i took the logo from their picture.

Is it possible that once IRIAF officially took possession of them, the HESA logo would be officially removed and they only display the air force livery?
I'm suspecting more and more that the early ones might be an upgrade program first for pre existing frames with some older components. As an example, the first planes using the owj engine only flew one paired with an older J85 because owj had not the sufficient flight hours to totally rely on it for the aircraft. I think these are major over hauls and upgrades to pre existing frames before they will bother creating a new frame from scratch, especially when they are also competing with yasin for the same resources. In fact, yasin seems more needed by IRIAF right now because of its advanced trainer features as opposed to kowsar and both are fairly capable in their armed versions. Perhaps kowsar can out maneuver dog fighting wise, but I'm purely speculating on that front. They both seem equal in CAS and COIN roles with kowsar being a better trainer to boot.

Back
Top Bottom