What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

well , you are sayin your interpterion ... I'm just quoting what he directly said ...

Well, yours was an interpretation of sorts too, because you picked an ambivalent, borderline case whose very nature lends itself to and indeed calls for some interpretation.

I cited Sepah generals, who are the ones in charge of putting into practice the Leader's military guidelines and adopting them to each specific situation. Now Sepah officials made it abundantly clear that Iran will not just sit idle watching the US assemble a fully fledged invasion force against Iran.

So this doesn't really leave many doubts as to whether or not Iran would simply allow a massive US military build up to materialize against her.

He wasn't aggressive when he was young , old age make people more passive ... people tend to forget how old he is ...

Unchecked, short-sighted aggressiveness can often lead to foolish, counter-productive decision making. Saddam offers a great example of this.

Seyyed Khamenei's highly calculated, balanced, deeply thought out and yet principled, focused and staunchly determined style of decision making however, which takes into account the long-term as much as the short- to mid-term, has had the result of effectively deterring the global superpower from military aggression against Iran, and of allowing Iran to progress on practically all fronts despite the unprecedented hostility she is facing.

Also, individual psycho-analytical assessment is not sufficient to adequately explain political realities.

Last edited:
Always remember that air force drone projects are behind defense ministry drones and even more behind IRGC drones: No early capture of enemy drones, no private companies that produce critical subsystems, no heavy use of universities.

Don't expect anything even at S-129 level.

Always remember that air force drone projects are behind defense ministry drones and even more behind IRGC drones: No early capture of enemy drones, no private companies that produce critical subsystems, no heavy use of universities.

Don't expect anything even at S-129 level.
Isn’t the s-129 irans best drone?

have you guys checked the images here? my question is: are they flying the new kowsars in the war game?
mshrgh.ir/1137610
pic 1 with f5s:
pic2 with f5s:

There should be a list of the serial numbers somewhere that can be compared with the ones in the images. I remember many years ago at the old irandefence forum that there was a list of all of the tomcat serial numbers available online and many forum followers could follow their history. Some of the mig 29s and tomcats and occasionally phantoms even had their serial numbers covered during various shows and exhibitions for that same reason. This is also a way to verify a built from scratch kowsar as opposed to a refitted/upgraded preexisting F-5

Here is a list for the phantoms: http://www.f-4.nl/f4_44.html

Last edited:
ugh we only saw one of it and never saw it in combat operations, but I hope it’s operational.

That means mohajer-6 is better than shahed-129... which is not true

Not better than, but closer to it in terms of performance. The mohajer drones were inferior to 129 in every way when s-129 was first unveiled, but many years, the mohajer line has now closed the gap to match parity for the price. S-129 seems a bit stronger and longer ranged, but mohajer 6 is impressive and can give competition for the price.

Last edited:
ugh we only saw one of it and never saw it in combat operations, but I hope it’s operational.

That means mohajer-6 is better than shahed-129... which is not true

Its smaller brother dropped bombs on ISIS. So yes the design has seen combat operations.

Its smaller brother dropped bombs on ISIS. So yes the design has seen combat operations.
afaik, shahed-171 is the 1:1 copy of rq-170 and shahed-191 is the 60% copy.
Not better than, but closer to it in terms of performance. The mohajer drones were inferior to 129 in every way when s-129 was first unveiled, but many years, the mohajer line has now closed the gap to match parity for the price. S-129 seems a bit stronger and longer ranged, but mohajer 6 is impressive and can give competition for the price.
I like mohajer-6 more because it can carry 4 PGM, way cheaper and Iran produces at a much higher rate than the shahed-129.

Back
Top Bottom