What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

need to modify some of the passengers plane that can fly upwards of 60,000 ft to carry giant radar and sensors and equip them with 20 Fakkour-90s .
well , congratulation , you just made all our passenger plane fair game . by the way that's war crime

you want to use Fakour on more plane , then make software on F4 compatible with it those plane also can carry the missile. even Kowsar can carry it on innermost bay if the shortened range is not important for you .

@Ray_Atek

Dadash, age mishe in akse photoshop ro vardar, ina alan dobarah miyan inro mizaran to newshashoon migan Iran dobareh photoshop kard. Abrumoon mire dobareh.

well , congratulation , you just made all our passenger plane fair game . by the way that's war crime

you want to use Fakour on more plane , then make software on F4 compatible with it those plane also can carry the missile. even Kowsar can carry it on innermost bay if the shortened range is not important for you .

Fair point. I still think a large plane that can fly high and carry 10-20 Fakkour 90s can be a great equalizer.

Maybe a IL-76 is a better platform. Iran needs an AWACS and it was already using its Tomcats for that role. I think Iran will find it a lot easier to mount a giant AESA on the nose cone in addition to full sensor suits and electronic warfare equipment.

Last edited:
Fair point. I still think a large plane that can fly high and carry 10-20 Fakkour 90s can be a great equalizer.

Maybe a IL-76 is a better platform. Iran needs an AWACS and it was already using its Tomcats for that role. I think Iran will find it a lot easier to mount a giant AESA on the nose cone in addition to full sensor suits and electronic warfare equipment.
What you are talking is an armed AWACS. I wonder how good it can be , the enemy can detect it from far and they can escape from it easily .
I believe AWACS coupled with several fast interceptor are better solution.

What you are talking is an armed AWACS. I wonder how good it can be , the enemy can detect it from far and they can escape from it easily .
I believe AWACS coupled with several fast interceptor are better solution.

Well Fakkour 90 has superior in speed and range. It is possible to fire from high altitude and break away. Note that this aircraft will supplement the Airforce by acting as a force multiplier. I wonder if one could add boosters to Fakkour 90s to increase their engagement range.

Kinetic energy of the missile along with good guidance can make a world of difference. AWACS like aircraft with giant aperture radar can maintain track on multiple targets for a wide field of view and long range.

Well Fakkour 90 has superior in speed and range. It is possible to fire from high altitude and break away. Note that this aircraft will supplement the Airforce by acting as a force multiplier. I wonder if one could add boosters to Fakkour 90s to increase their engagement range.

Kinetic energy of the missile along with good guidance can make a world of difference. AWACS like aircraft with giant aperture radar can maintain track on multiple targets for a wide field of view and long range.
Fakoor-90 have the range, but I still doubt 90km as it uses MIM-23 engine . but let be honest you want to chase supersonic fighters with subsonic planes based on IR-140 or so . they can easily achieve 3 to 4 time your speed and turn around you before you reach them . And more importantly if you want to get result you won't fire your missile as maximum range.

Fakoor-90 have the range, but I still doubt 90km as it uses MIM-23 engine . but let be honest you want to chase supersonic fighters with subsonic planes based on IR-140 or so . they can easily achieve 3 to 4 time your speed and turn around you before you reach them . And more importantly if you want to get result you won't fire your missile as maximum range.

Another way of thinking about this is a mobile airborne SAM site. It's flying, it can move faster than ground based mobile air defense systems .

Also as for range and peed is concerned, I suggested adding boosters to Fakkour 90s. I still think Fakkour 90 has 100 nautical mile range which is approximately 180KM. For it to be effective, a fire solution at 90KM is still far beyond reach of AIM-120 variances available to the region. Fakkour 90 has a top speed of Mach 5 at nominal flight altitude (note that Mach speed changes as a function of altitude).

Another way of thinking about this is a mobile airborne SAM site. It's flying, it can move faster than ground based mobile air defense systems .

Also as for range and peed is concerned, I suggested adding boosters to Fakkour 90s. I still think Fakkour 90 has 100 nautical mile range which is approximately 180KM. For it to be effective, a fire solution at 90KM is still far beyond reach of AIM-120 variances available to the region. Fakkour 90 has a top speed of Mach 5 at nominal flight altitude (note that Mach speed changes as a function of altitude).
I assure you ,its impossible for Fakour-90 to have 180km of range everything about it scream MIM-23 ,I believe it's the end result of Sedjil project. And do you have any source for that Mach 5 speed ?

I assure you ,its impossible for Fakour-90 to have 180km of range everything about it scream MIM-23 ,I believe it's the end result of Sedjil project. And do you have any source for that Mach 5 speed ?

IMO Fakour is out dated heavy missiles .... its capabilitay can't be compared to modern BVR long range missiles ... at best Fakour just a replace for our F14 lost fangs ( Phoneix missiles ) ....

if Phoneix was that damn Overpowered and awesome , USA wouldn't retired it ....

in contrast to most of Iranian members who think USA and their military decision maker are idiots , I have respect for them and I think they have some valid reason to retired both F14 and Phonix missiles ...

IMO Fakour is out dated heavy missiles .... its capabilitay can't be compared to modern BVR long range missiles ... at best Fakour just a replace for our F14 lost fangs ( Phoneix missiles ) ....

in contrast to most of Iranian members who think USA and their military decision maker are idiots , I have respect for them and I think they have some valid reason to retired both F14 and Phonix missiles ...

They retired the F-14 (and the AIM-54 with it, since the Tomcat was the only platform that carried it) because after the end of the cold war they thought they no longer needed to counter the Soviet threat of long range bombers with supersonic anti-ship missiles targeting their carriers. Now the Russians are resurgent and China is more and more capable they dearly miss the Phoenix weapon system which to this day not a single US aircraft, be it F-22 or F-35 can match in range.

They retired the F-14 (and the AIM-54 with it, since the Tomcat was the only platform that carried it) because after the end of the cold war they thought they no longer needed to counter the Soviet threat of long range bombers with supersonic anti-ship missiles targeting their carriers. Now the Russians are resurgent and China is more and more capable they dearly miss the Phoenix weapon system which to this day not a single US aircraft, be it F-22 or F-35 can match in range.

The point is that they can make it again and this time the range , radar and speed would be better , so why they don't bother themselves !?

The problem is not with phoenix . the problem is Phoenix & F-14 system . these two are inseparable. And F-14 is expensive to maintain after USA retired F-14 against the wish of the Navy there really was no reason to keep AIM-54 in service as no other airplane could use it.

The point is that they can make it again and this time the range , radar and speed would be better , so why they don't bother themselves !?
They are working on AIM-120 and they nearly matched its range in latest generation of AIM-120 and as I say there is no pinot using it again as it is a bundle with AN/AWG-9 and AN/APG-71aand can't be operated without them also the only platform they have that can use it without hampering the airplane capabilities is F-15 and that airplane work fine as is with AIM-120.

Fakoor-90 have the range, but I still doubt 90km as it uses MIM-23 engine
the engine you said is smaller than the one in phoenix. the pilot i mentioned before says the test pilot that launched fakour on karrar drone was satisfied of missiles performance considering drone was dispensing chaffs. according to him fakour is better than phoenix in many aspects except of the max range.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom