What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

IMO Fakour is out dated heavy missiles .... its capabilitay can't be compared to modern BVR long range missiles ... at best Fakour just a replace for our F14 lost fangs ( Phoneix missiles ) ....

if Phoneix was that damn Overpowered and awesome , USA wouldn't retired it ....

in contrast to most of Iranian members who think USA and their military decision maker are idiots , I have respect for them and I think they have some valid reason to retired both F14 and Phonix missiles ...
Just a small point..
USA and their military decision maker are corrupt to the core. The real decision makers for the US military armaments needs work in companies like Lockheed Martin, TRW ,General Dynamics, etc.. active US military and Defence department officials all end up as the employees of these companies with very high salaries for the sole purpose of writing the requirements for the new weapon system and using their contacts (e.g. retiring perfectly good weapon systems so that more contracts can be awarded to these companies.. that is why they need $700 billion dollar defence budget ). Retirement of F-14 or the Phonix missile is in that category. Corruption is so wide spread that in the case of F-35 after spending $200 billion dollar development $$$s they are now admitting that this aircraft is not combat worthy!!!. This story is being repeated on the new aircraft carriers and so on..(a look at Russian planning strategies or the Iranian planning strategies tells you how smart thinkers plan!). By the way US ordered the destruction all existing F-14s for the fear of Iran (the only other operator of F-14) getting their hands on their part.... (what a waste of US tax payers money ).Sorry I went off topic!.

I assure you ,its impossible for Fakour-90 to have 180km of range everything about it scream MIM-23 ,I believe it's the end result of Sedjil project. And do you have any source for that Mach 5 speed ?

I am basing all Fakkour 90s specs on AIM-54 as it is a reversed engineered missile.

the engine you said is smaller than the one in phoenix. the pilot i mentioned before says the test pilot that launched fakour on karrar drone was satisfied of missiles performance considering drone was dispensing chaffs. according to him fakour is better than phoenix in many aspects except of the max range.
Well the pilot first must tell me how Karrar drone managed to carry Fakour missile ?
My guess he mistake fatter with Fakour and the comparison with phoenix is nonsense.

I am basing all Fakkour 90s specs on AIM-54 as it is a reversed engineered missile.
Well you are wrong here ,go. To the thread about Fakour and see the missile and you see the only relation with the AIM-54 is the shape of the missile otherwise it is not the same diameter , its not the same length ,it won't use the same guidance system and it won't use the same engine.

Well the pilot first must tell me how Karrar drone managed to carry Fakour missile ?
My guess he mistake fatter with Fakour and the comparison with phoenix is nonsense.

Well you are wrong here ,go. To the thread about Fakour and see the missile and you see the only relation with the AIM-54 is the shape of the missile otherwise it is not the same diameter , its not the same length ,it won't use the same guidance system and it won't use the same engine.

He did not mean to say that the Pilot launched the Fakour missile from the Karrar drone. He wrote " launched fakour on karrar drone" meaning that the Fakour was fired against the Karrar drone!

If Iran could not make a bigger aircraft at moment, then Iran has still following option open:

1) A manned aircraft (like F-5) should be accompanied with 2 Drones.

2) Each of them should have specialized role, and they should have total co-ordination with each other.

3) For example, aircraft can be used for jamming electronic signals and tactical ground strike missions, while the other two can be used for a very big RADAR, and other could be used for holding missiles and bombs.

This is totally in Iran's capability.

Iran should change the strategy and use the power of co-ordination through modern computers and thus it needs not to have all the things present in one single aircraft, but dividing it into specialized roles could at the end give much better results to Iran.
Small problem ,which drone is supposed to accompany the fighter ,the only one that come to my mind and is capable of doing so is Karrar. And it don't have that much endurance .and also it can't be used for such missions.

the drone carried chaffs and was dispensing them while test pilot launched it's fakour toward karrar from his f-14.

XF-103-Proposal-2S.jpg

Republic_XF-103_in_flight.jpg

one of my fantasies about the future of air force (x-103):
mach 5 interceptor
add AWG-9 radar and phoenix or bayyenat+fakour and let the opponents come...:wub::wub::flame:

however it's maded of only titanium due to extreme speed and friction, heat and other mechanical reasons.:D:D

View attachment 549973
View attachment 549974
one of my fantasies about the future of air force (x-103):
mach 5 interceptor
add AWG-9 radar and phoenix or bayyenat+fakour and let the opponents come...:wub::wub::flame:

however it's maded of only titanium due to extreme speed and friction, heat and other mechanical reasons.:D:D
The XF-103 was a craazzy one alright.:crazy_pilot:
One of mine would probably be the f14 reengineered to be powered by an aviadvigatel D-30F11 turbofan.Thats the thrust vectoring version of the soloviev d30f6[Mig 31 turbofan!!]:flame::flame::flame:
Thrust vectoring AND swing wing.:enjoy:

The XF-103 was a craazzy one alright.:crazy_pilot:
One of mine would probably be the f14 reengineered to be powered by an aviadvigatel D-30F11 turbofan.Thats the thrust vectoring version of the soloviev d30f6[Mig 31 turbofan!!]:flame::flame::flame:
Thrust vectoring AND swing wing.:enjoy:
actually i am in love with D-30. it's a really amazing engine it's lighter and more powerful than GE F-110. if we reverse engineer it, that would be a great achievement.

if we reverse engineer it, that would be a great achievement.
in the case that you guys are confused that how we are gonna reverse engineering some thing that we don't have it, will i should say that we have access to soloviev d-30 engine and unlike many other stuff we can reverse engineer them as they came onboard with iraqi IL-76 TDs so technically we didn't buy them.
500px-Il-76TD_Soloviev_aircraft_engine.JPG

Jet_engines_Ilyushin_Il-76MD.jpg

:smitten::smitten::smitten:

in the case that you guys are confused that how we are gonna reverse engineering some thing that we don't have it, will i should say that we have access to soloviev d-30 engine and unlike many other stuff we can reverse engineer them as they came onboard with iraqi IL-76 TDs so technically we didn't buy them.
View attachment 550438
View attachment 550439

Just because you have the engine doesn’t mean you can reverse engineer it. Or else every country in the world would just reverse engineer the latest jet engines possible like F-35 and SU-35 engines. Without the exact blueprint and TOT, it’s a very difficult process.

Reverse engineering a jet engine is not like reverse engineering a drone or tank or piece of military equipment. Everything from materials, construction, etc has to be exact followed by the software side of things. Then the engine has to survive repeated stress and achieve adequate life span without problems before reaching serial production.

This board routinely oversimplifies the process based on Iran reverse engineering other types of equipment.

Iran reverse engineer even a 50 year old RD-33 would be momumental task, let alone anything else.

Even in Rocket engines Iran is still using the Soviet era No-Dong to power it’s long range missiles and has just started moving towards somewhat more modern rocket engines for long range use (Khorramshahr), but is likely still 10+ years away from more advanced rocket engines.

That should you tell you something because Iran’s experience in rocket engines is over 20 years. Plus it has a massive pool of knowledge and experience to pull from. Whereas the pool of knowledge/experience for jet engines is tiny.

View attachment 550438
View attachment 550439
Probably wouldnt even need to use the d30s off of the il76 as irans old tu154m airliners use the same d-30s as the il76 does.Thats one of the other reasons that I really like the D-30,by being dual use there were quite a few of them built.

Can Iran reverse engineer the RD-33 of its Mig-29's fleet ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom