What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

The funny thing is that I already gave the link to the reformist economic newspaper which says based on the proposed budget bill, everything is going to be better, both oil production and price, but still you talk about another preduction!

Perhaps you have lived in a parallel universe, but certainly not this one!

Yea I live in a universe where in 2014 Iran not only sold far less oil than any year under Ahmadi but the overall average of Iranian oil was priced less than and sold for less than any year under Ahmadi!
And those are the facts in my universe and in my universe FACT are what matter not peoples predictions regardless of their political party!!!!!!!!!!

@mohsen your political agenda is very clear to all of us. Frankly 98% don’t care. At least not on a forum and especially not this one. I ask you to kindly please stop filling all the military threads with politics. The threads have specific topics so that to create order. The current situation is very chaotic and thus very disturbing.
When politics is the one which funds for military projects, and the cause of delays, then you can't isolate it from your military threads. after several years, the only new news about IRIF is re unveiling of a missile, and you want to ignore the cause?!

Also, what I said here was more history facts rather than politics, but cause it's against some people's political agenda, some don't like it and some try to ridiculously alter the history!

Yea I live in a universe where in 2014 Iran not only sold far less oil than any year under Ahmadi but the overall average of Iranian oil was priced less than and sold for less than any year under Ahmadi!
And those are the facts in my universe and in my universe FACT are what matter not peoples predictions regardless of their political party!!!!!!!!!!
The fact is that the government reduced the defense ministry's budget before the oil crisis, so even if oil price and production would increase by 1000000000000000000000%, nothing would had changed.

Simply this government didn't wanted to allocate any money to military R&D and production, and as I said before government's Rial revenue didn't decrease.

Unveiling a new fighter on August 22 (cant post the orginal link) - telegram channel: @iranian_defensive_power

Unveiling a new fighter on August 22 (cant post the orginal link) - telegram channel: @iranian_defensive_power

Unfortunately, it will probably just be the trainer jet they have been working on. (Kowsar).

Could also be the next prototype version of Qaher (unlikely) or a prototype of the IRGC fighter jet (also unlikely since project was announced less than 2 years ago).

@un4given.1991

Iran's defense minister on national tv channel 1:
This fighter aircraft will fly on 31 Mordad (22 August ) and everyone will see it fly !

تمرکز و اولویت ما روی قدرت موشکی است/ جنگنده جدید 31 مردادماه رونمایی خواهد شد

امیر خاتمی درخصوص حوزه هوایی نیز گفت: یک هواپیمایی ارائه خواهد شد که مراحل مختلف را طی کرده و روز صنعت دفاعی پرواز می کند و مردم شاهد پرواز این هواپیمای جنگنده و پشتیبانی نزدیک خواهند دید که در کنارش اقلامی که برای ساخت آن استفاده شده را نیز مشاهده می‌کنند.

https://www.farsnews.com/news/13970527001235/تمرکز-و-اولویت-ما-روی-قدرت-موشکی-است--جنگنده-جدید-3-مردادماه-رونمایی

Last edited:
@un4given.1991

Iran's defense minister on national tv channel 1:
This fighter airplane will fly on 31 Mordad (22 August ) and everyone will see it fly !

تمرکز و اولویت ما روی قدرت موشکی است/ جنگنده جدید 31 مردادماه رونمایی خواهد شد

امیر خاتمی درخصوص حوزه هوایی نیز گفت: یک هواپیمایی ارائه خواهد شد که مراحل مختلف را طی کرده و روز صنعت دفاعی پرواز می کند و مردم شاهد پرواز این هواپیمای جنگنده و پشتیبانی نزدیک خواهند دید که در کنارش اقلامی که برای ساخت آن استفاده شده را نیز مشاهده می‌کنند.

https://www.farsnews.com/news/13970527001235/تمرکز-و-اولویت-ما-روی-قدرت-موشکی-است--جنگنده-جدید-3-مردادماه-رونمایی
With the amount of stress he made on and the people see it will fly its probably qaher . he is talking about . I doubt there is any doubt about any other other conventional designed airplane of Iran being able to fly.

With the amount of stress he made on and the people see it will fly its probably qaher . he is talking about . I doubt there is any doubt about any other other conventional designed airplane of Iran being able to fly.

In past couple of years Qaher project was in the shadow what changed all of the sudden ?

وزیر دفاع ادامه داد: انشا الله در روز 31 مرداداز هواپیمایی رونمایی خواهد شد که مراحل مختلف خود را طی کرده است و در روز صنعت دفاعی پرواز خواهد کرد و مردم شاهد یک هواپیمای جنگنده برای پشتیبانی نزدیک از نیروهای مسلح خواهند بود . هواپیمایی هم که چندی پیش شاهد تاکسی کردن آن بودیم هم مراحل پایانی آن به سرعت در حال انجام است.

It seems its not Qaher !

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...ی-است-دقت-روی-رادارگریزی-و-سامانه-های-ضد-موشک

In past couple of years Qaher project was in the shadow what changed all of the sudden ?

وزیر دفاع ادامه داد: انشا الله در روز 31 مرداداز هواپیمایی رونمایی خواهد شد که مراحل مختلف خود را طی کرده است و در روز صنعت دفاعی پرواز خواهد کرد و مردم شاهد یک هواپیمای جنگنده برای پشتیبانی نزدیک از نیروهای مسلح خواهند بود . هواپیمایی هم که چندی پیش شاهد تاکسی کردن آن بودیم هم مراحل پایانی آن به سرعت در حال انجام است.

It seems its not Qaher !

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1397/05/28/1806043/وزیر-دفاع-تمرکز-ایران-روی-ارتقای-توان-موشکی-است-دقت-روی-رادارگریزی-و-سامانه-های-ضد-موشک
Why are you saying it's not Qaher?

@Cthulhu
These two sentences
1انشا الله در روز 31 مرداداز هواپیمایی رونمایی خواهد شد که مراحل مختلف خود را طی کرده است و در روز صنعت دفاعی پرواز خواهد کرد و مردم شاهد یک هواپیمای جنگنده برای پشتیبانی نزدیک از نیروهای مسلح خواهند بود

2هواپیمایی هم که چندی پیش شاهد تاکسی کردن آن بودیم هم مراحل پایانی آن به سرعت در حال انجام است.

number 2 is Qaher and 1 is something else ...

You seem to forget that Koswar trainer is near completion.

Iran actually has several aircraft projects:

*two fighter jets models that have shown off at multiple parades.
*Sofreh Mahi project
*RQ-170 large bomber project
*IRGC close air support project
*Heavy fighter project
*trainer project (kowsar)
*Qaher

Furthermore, we were given an update on F-313 in Jan by former DM Daghean who said the project is in fast taxi stages along with pre-flight tests he ALSO mentioned the Kowsar trainer and said that was getting ready for its first flight tests.

So since Qaher wasn’t mentioned DIRECTLY by name given how much of a high profile project it is, this points to a lesser project being unveiled.

Furthermore, if Qaher was flying it would be announced much earlier than a week before the event.

This is just a theory, but I think Qaher size will eventually have to be increase by 150-170%!

Why? Daghean recently said it is supposed to be a CAS fighter and with its current internal bay it barely carry one LARGE ordnance.

Thus why even have a internal bay? Why even be a CAS fighter?

Thus the frame of that aircraft and its airtakes will have to be enlarged. Iran is developing a heavy turbojet engine, it’s possible Qaher will be equipped with those engines. (reverse engineered J-79s?)

I think the Qaher project is a ways away from reality. I said it when it first was unveiled back on IMF, that seeing the plane in final prototype stage prior to 2022 was unrealistic.

I still think Qaher deployment prior to 2025 is unrealistic, especially with the fiscal pressures that have been on the government (funding Syrian war, expanding facilities in Syria, sanctions, etc).

This is all speculation assuming that the military has green light the project to move further along.

Last edited:
@Cthulhu
These two sentences
1انشا الله در روز 31 مرداداز هواپیمایی رونمایی خواهد شد که مراحل مختلف خود را طی کرده است و در روز صنعت دفاعی پرواز خواهد کرد و مردم شاهد یک هواپیمای جنگنده برای پشتیبانی نزدیک از نیروهای مسلح خواهند بود

2هواپیمایی هم که چندی پیش شاهد تاکسی کردن آن بودیم هم مراحل پایانی آن به سرعت در حال انجام است.

number 2 is Qaher and 1 is something else ...

It’s Koswar project, for what it’s worth even Babak T. Is saying that Kowsar is what will be unveiled. He even posted a video of it on Twitter. It is probably the most further along fighter jet project iran currently has.

Unfortunately it is nothing more than another Ashkharash, Simorgh, Saeghe I&II project which means that a handful of F-5’s will be used to create these trainers.

Iran’s obsession with F-5’s will never end apparently. Even Qaher is like a F-5 in terms of size.

A defense ministry project which has went trough several stages.

This must be the Qaher. Kowsar is no fighter jet.

Anything else like a large fighter is very unlikely: It could be expected if it would be an IRGC SSJ project while we can't expect something like that from the IRIAF SSJ. But its a defense ministry thing here, on the defense ministry/industry day, so their own pet, the Qaher is the most likely candidate.

Have you heard anything about any other project for example new development on radars or fateh family missile.
by the way I wonder if anybody even had doubt that Kowsar can fly.

Have you heard anything about any other project for example new development on radars or fateh family missile.
by the way I wonder if anybody even had doubt that Kowsar can fly.

Unfortunately I'm not following news recently(about missiles and radars :() whats going on ?. this week I was little bit into watching documentaries about jet engines

@Hack-Hook @PeeD @TheImmortal @VEVAK
@Cthulhu

Spending on which one of these two options makes more sense to you guys ? and why ?

1. low cost stealth aircraft

2. trainer/prototype of new generation of heavy aircraft

I would be glad to know your opinions here .

and I have a question about Kowsar too . right after our Russian partners pulled out from Kowsar project they introduced a new trainer what was that ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm not following news recently(about missiles and radars :() whats going on ?. this week I was little bit into watching documentaries about jet engines

@Hack-Hook @PeeD @TheImmortal @VEVAK
@Cthulhu

Spending on which one of these two options makes more sense to you guys ? and why ?

1. low cost stealth aircraft

2. trainer/prototype of new generation of heavy aircraft

I would be glad to know your opinions here .

and I have a question about Kowsar too . right after our Russian partners pulled out from Kowsar project they introduced a new trainer what was that ?
That was Shafaq not Kowsar and It was a joint project to produce m-ATF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom