What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

All it says they commenting what is shown in the video. F-4 doing a roll. Wow that's something. What happened after that?

How did your super duper Naval aviators with Airborn early warning allow an Iranian F-4 to get in that position in the first place? Who cares what happened next, no one here is going to argue that the F-4E is better than an F-18E!

The only SU-30’s Iran will get is toy models online.

To think that the Russia that backed off on deals for Tanks in the 90’s (w/Iran) will give Iran license production of SU-30 is laughable.

Turkey is getting s-400 meanwhile Iran had to wait 8 years to get the S-300.

A possibility is for Iran to use Russia/Soviet Union countries to buy technology transfers or blueprints and assemble a fighter on its own.

How did your super duper Naval aviators with Airborn early warning allow an Iranian F-4 to get in that position in the first place? Who cares what happened next, no one here is going to argue that the F-4E is better than an F-18E!
What exactly you want to do? Have them shoot it down? You seen enough videos of Russian fighters next to U.S. planes. You think Russian planes just sneaked them right next to them?

Iran can & should commence with this style of fighter, a Lightweight Fighter to be precise (if it hasn't already; insiders claim a project similar to this under the guise of S-90 is well underway).

800px-Northrop_YF-17.jpg

800px-Northrop_YF-17_Cobra_060810-F-1234S-033.jpg

800px-YF-16_and_YF-17_in_flight.jpg

Northrop-YF-17-Cobra.jpg

Northrop_YF-17_and_McDonnell_Douglas_FA-18_top-view_silhouette_comparison.png

Worth noting that the YF-17 competed with the F-16 to be the USAF primary lightweight supersonic multi-role fighter; it however lost out to the F-16. Though the YF-17 as a plane concept wasn't abounded completely, through extensive modifications, it eventually became the F/A-18 Hornet (and later Super Hornet), and is the main fighter today of the US Navy.

Iran should build off its experiences with the Saeqeh program and utilize its domestic capabilities to produce a decent airworthy fighter that can hold its own, and be equipped with a variety of weaponry for use at any given time; instead of simply adding another vertical tail and improving electronics on former F-5's and newly built Saeqeh's.

Their would have to be some major design modifications for this jet to be an interceptor one day, but for CAS and Naval Bombing, it can do the trick for now with J-85, but may be limited in payload.

True bro; but I overlooked all that when I first read the news!! I'm absolutely euphoric!!!

I've been following this guy's Facebook page for a while, and I can tell you that this won't be a let down.

Their would have to be some major design modifications for this jet to be an interceptor one day, but for CAS and Naval Bombing, it can do the trick for now with J-85, but may be limited in payload.

Iran's Army Day is celebrated on the 18th April annually, so maybe we'll get an official announcement then?

Also, Bavar-373 is now ready, and it was first unveiled on Army Day 2016...so fingers crossed we see footage or the full final system!!

Back
Top Bottom