What's new

IRGC Chief: Downing of US Drone Had a Clear Message

Aramagedon

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said shooting down on Thursday of a US drone by his forces had a straightforward message that any foreign intrusion into Iran’s sovereign territories would draw a crushing response.

Addressing a conference in the western province of Kurdistan on Thursday, Major General Hossein Salami described the IRGC Aerospace Force’s move to shoot down an American pilotless aircraft that had violated the country’s airspace as courageous.

“The downing of the US drone had an explicit, decisive and clear message that defenders of the Islamic Iran’s borders will show decisive and knockout reactions to aggression against this territory by any alien,” he added.

“Borders are our redline, and any enemy violating these borders will not go back,” the commander underlined.

He also made it clear that Iran is not seeking war with any country but is fully prepared for any confrontation. “Today’s incident was a clear sign of such a precise message.”

The general also reminded the enemies that the only way for them to remain safe is to respect Iran’s territorial integrity, national security and vital interests.

The IRGC said on Thursday that a US spy drone that violated the Iranian territorial airspace in the early hours of the day, was shot down by the IRGC Aerospace Force’s air defense unit near the Kooh-e-Mobarak region in the southern province of Hormozgan.

The incident occurred a day after Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Ali Shamkhani warned of Tehran’s harsh response to any intrusion into its airspace or maritime borders.

Speaking on the sidelines of the 10th International Meeting of High Representatives for Security Issues in Russia’s Ufa on Wednesday, Shamkhani emphasized that Iran robustly protects its aerial and maritime borders.

He also described the Iranian FIR (flight information region) as the country’s “redline”, saying, “No matter whose plane trespasses into it (the airspace), we have always given and will give a harsh response to intruders.”

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...chief-downing-of-us-drone-had-a-clear-message

when a nation is depending on u.s economically and have trade with them they cannot down u.s jet,iran is doing this as they have no trade with u.s and are already facing economic sanctions,Pakistan and china avoid such acts due to economic reasons

Sunni Shia who cares?

First we are united by our religion

Let’s leave that out in this thread
none of the leaders of the muslim world thinks like that. they all have their own selfish interests.

i wish i could. BTW i am a sunni but still i commend iran military and government for this daring act.
You can commend iranian military for that. I myself appreciate them for this
But you wish you could move to Iran is shameful really . Pakistanis like you are the most ungrateful lot there is .
Your are blessed with a beautiful country with every thing imaginable possible but still dream about Iran or India or even Afghanistan.
If your life is miserable then its is not due to the country but due to your own actions. So stop blaming your country.
And please move.

Hope they welcome you with open arms .

Just to be clear that was a Global Hawk the most advanced and heavier drone costing $180 million

Well done to Iran show who is in charge

What is a US drone over Iran anyway
Where is the carcass.

You can commend iranian military for that. I myself appreciate them for this
But you wish you could move to Iran is shameful really . Pakistanis like you are the most ungrateful lot there is .
Your are blessed with a beautiful country with every thing imaginable possible but still dream about Iran or India or even Afghanistan.
If your life is miserable then its is not due to the country but due to your own actions. So stop blaming your country.
And please move.

Hope they welcome you with open arms .

Where is the carcass.
do you really know what you want to say?? dont waste others time by just imagining what others have not said.

when a nation is depending on u.s economically and have trade with them they cannot down u.s jet,iran is doing this as they have no trade with u.s and are already facing economic sanctions,Pakistan and china avoid such acts due to economic reasons
Pakistan could do wonders if cornered like iran .
the only country in this region who could practically close strait of hormuz is Pakistan .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom