What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

You actually think I care about what religion people adopt or born into?

That wasn't related to what I said, even secular Shia's and Sunni's still have ethno-sectarian agenda, which won't go away unless religion meets decline. After that, it will greatly reduce ability for anyone to make ethnic claims across the region by use of religion. Which used to make it a lot easier for them.

@BecouseOfTruth

This abuse is seen across all Arab world and region in general. In Arab world it's more personal, with the Western world, it's done in different manner without getting personal, as humans in general are more sensitive to what appears more personal and deliberate. Targeting of civilians by aircraft though, doesn't seem appear deliberate to most humans, and it doesn't seem too personal such as physical abuse or torture, hence it get's largely ignored. Humans generally aren't good hearted people. I'm already aware of kinds of abuses that take place across the region.

I just don't see things through religious sense, and others shouldn't either, otherwise it makes for 'us vs. them' mentality, and validates the intentions of such regimes.

I do not speak it like mother language, but I can understand some things. Arabic language has special place in heart of every true Muslim, Islam is delivered to prophet Muhammad peace be upon him in Arabic.

You've been caught red handed multiple times kid. Go change your flags, terrorist sympathiser. How desperate are you takfiris that you need to resort to false flagging on a internet forum?

About 400 families managed to flee Falujah. Some were killed by IS gunfire and one suicide attack which detonated himself in the midst of fleeing civilians.

Women are out in camps while young men. Are put in different camps for interrogations.

The PMF then gets the local fighters to identify those who supported IS. The local anti-IS forces had many family members killed and exiled by IS. They know each and every person in the neighborhood who joined and cheered for IS. The identification of IS supporters is done exclusively by sunni officers and fighters who belong to the same areas. Usually knowing every IS supporter by name and house.

It's unfortunate that some of the supporters were actually blood relatives. I've seen brothers on different sides, uncles who have executed their nephews. Cousins killing cousins.

As you can see in this video for arabic speaker. One young man confessed against his fathers brother and refuses to call him "uncle". Claiming that his uncle took his father 2 years ago and he hasn't heard from him since. Their vehicle, money and weapons were all taken as well.

Another IS fighter with his mom weeping next to him. Switched to civilian clothes but finally confessed after locals exposed his lies.

Civilians from Falujah cross the river to get away from IS territory

Even the saudi ambassador to Iraq who does nothing but bark against the PMF has admitted in the reocrded phone call that the majority of the remaining Falujah civilians sympathize with terrorism. Of course he also attacked the PMF but I guess IS is currently a bigger threat.

The War on Terrorism is Terrorism

In this particular case, the US-led invasion of Iraq undoubtedly paved the ... The group known as Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) formed in 2007 as a ... allowed the US to extend their occupation as they now portrayed themselves ... who backed the invasion of Iraq in 2003 began beating the drums of war.he removal of American troops had created a security vacuum that ISIS ... Here is what happened: In 2003, the U.S. military, on orders of President Bush.

I think, somebody posted this before.

However, most of them would like to live and run away from ISIS terrorists but they can not, because now city is surounded and there is no moment without fire on the city.

Actually who are They? I meant ISIS ? The Fallujah operation, led so far by Shiite militias and army and police forces, has almost completely cleared the city’s perimeter of Islamic State fighters since it was launched a week ago. But the next, crucial stage of that operation, led by Iraq’s (( U.S.-trained )) counterterrorism forces. Us said again and again its only matter if Iraqi Govt. But they didn't withdrew their base camp as like as Afganistan.

As the U.S. goes to war in an attempt to defeat yet another terrorist group, the biggest question is: Who exactly is ISIS and where did they come from?

Angela Keaton, the founder of Antiwar.com, said that ISIS is “entirely a creation of the United States’ behavior in Iraq.” for what ? Bagdaddi still in a cave. By the name of War with ISIS - They actually breaking down the unity of Syrian rebel groups . Those who against Assad. But now US and West has been fallen down in a danger zone.

Do not forget that still big number of people who are in Falluja can not flee, becouse ISIS took them as a hostages and a human shields, and other thing is that Falluja is now encircled, and really it is very hard to run away.

You have to understand that problem is deeper, Shia Muslims were majority in Iraq even in time of Saddam Hussein,

but government were Sunni Muslim dominated.

After American agression in 2003, began massive fightings between Sunni Muslim and Shia militas, which also caused

ethnic cleansing of Baghdad by shias.

ISIS came on power in 2013 becouse Shias dominated government marginalized Sunni Muslims, and massive protests were held just before ISIS uprising in Anbar province (Mosul).

thousands of Sunni Muslims protested in 2013

They didn't enter into city of Falluja yet, but all areas around are cleared, just city is left.

I have a problem with Shia- Sunni conflict. However that is another topics.

My question is Syrian revolution started with ARAB UPRAISING. After 2 Years sudden like a MOON ISIS came out from the Cave. And started to killing others Rebel. It's Just a mathematical equation. They are killing Other rebels and Us also killing other rebels. Russia and Iran also Killing other rebels.

By the name of Shia- Sunni-Khurdi- They actually postponing the gaining mission. Rebels are fighting against Assad. Not US. or nor Iraq. It's Syrian Matter . So why they are interfering - We can understand that .

Syrian rebels said- if we win - we will establish a caliphate such as ottoman caliphate. But before that Bagdadi took the position.

It's all in a row.

Even the saudi ambassador to Iraq who does nothing but bark against the PMF has admitted in the reocrded phone call that the majority of the remaining Falujah civilians sympathize with terrorism. Of course he also attacked the PMF but I guess IS is currently a bigger threat.

May I ask why you are writing Arabic and Saudi (it's called Saudi Arabian) in small letters while the opposite is the case with everything else in your post, including IS itself? Strange behavior if deliberate.

The Saudi Arabian ambassador voiced his concern for the safety of civilians in the campaign against Fahesh all across Iraq and radical/sectarian elements within the PMF. You know those that are serving Iran's agenda and fueling the fire. That's all.

Ironically you forgot to mention that the same Saudi Arabian ambassador had a meeting with the MoD of Iraq (Khaled al-Obaidi) last week after an invitation where they talked about the recent developments.

CjSQ5wqWkAAa31n.jpg

Or him praising the people of Southern Iraq. Our brethren.

Moreover he is regularly in contact with numerous Iraqi Shia Arab clerics. 20% of KSA's population is Shia and they are especially close with their Iraqi brethren.

CjTuT-PWUAAgkCX.jpg

KSA-Iraq relations are not as bad as portrayed nowadays and I suspect that they will only increase and develop for the better in the future. KSA's only problem vis-á-vis Iraq is the growing ambitions of the Iranian Mullah's to control Iraq and from there other Arab countries and the Iranian proxies within the political system and PMF.

Also your "even the Saudi Arabian ambassador" rhetoric makes no sense at all as the ambassador has publicly called operations against Fahesh as liberations of Iraqi cities ages ago. Long before the recent advancements.

Also before you go all bonkers in your defense of Mullah's in Iran, Muqtada al-Sadr (arguably the most powerful Shia cleric in Iraq after the old and fragile Al-Sistani), is outright against the role of the Mullah's in Iraq and is likewise heavily critical of the Islamic Dawa Party that has dominated Iraqi politics since Al-Maliki took power. As we know not long ago al-Sadr's supporters stormed the Green Zone which was purely a manifestation of their political power and influence. If you take a look at social media only a small minority of Iraqi Shia Arabs are blindly following the Iranian Mullah's and their Wilayat al-Faqih system.

Lastly your username Alshawi appears to be your surname and for your information that Arab tribe (which originates in Arabia in particular modern-day KSA) is numerous in not only KSA and Iraq but is even found in Qatar and numerous other Arab countries. You probably have close or distant relatives scattered across the region like almost every Arab family.
You might disagree with Arab regimes of the region but it makes absolutely no sense to hate ones own brethren. The average person in the Arab world has little say in what their governments (read regimes) and the elite are doing and believe it or not but most wish nothing but all the best for Iraq and every other Arab country. Nobody is asking you to like sectarian people in Iraq among us or other Arabs but to generalize whole groups of people and countries due to a loud minority (which is hated by everyone but themselves) or unelected regimes, makes no sense at all I am afraid. All this is based on politics and nothing more. Just 40-50 years ago (when your father's generation was your age) there were no such hostilities at all and it was very common for people in Iraq, KSA, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan etc. to visit each others relatives or make visits. There were no problems whatsoever. I know several Iraqi Shia Arabs from Southern Iraq (Najaf, Karbala, Samawa, Basra, Zubayr), who I consider as close friends who told about their parents generation making frequent visits across the border and vice versa. Even to this day this occurs although a lot of ills have occurred in the past 40 years for lots of reasons. However I believe that people of the region should look toward a better future and try to find solutions to misunderstandings or disagreements in order to improve the region as everyone is connected.

Last edited:
Alshawi is my adopted last name because of the region my grandparents moved to and also my maternal sides last name. They are part of the Obaid tribe from Nineveh. They converted to shia after moving south. My actual family name is Sahlani. They are well known in southern Iraq.

Anyways I am typing from my phone and don't put much effort in my grammar check.

As for the "radical/ secterian" militias. 90% of iraqis from the centre and south have blood relatives in the PMF. Any attack on the PMF will create hostility. My town alone have over 300 martyrs in the fight against IS and I will not accept any attempt at their sacrifices.

Arab media ignores the crimes of IS and focus on small issues with the PMF. Just shows their secterian mindset.

Here is a video of PMF attempting to save sunni civilians after a suicide bomber detonated himself while they were attameltng to flee. Will you see or hear about this from mainstream media? Of course not because it shows an ugly side of Daesh and shows that the PMF are liberators.

Last edited:
Alshawi is my adopted last name because of the region my grandparents moved to and also my maternal sides last name. They are part of the Obaid tribe from Nineveh. They converted to shia after moving south. My actual family name is Sahlani. They are well known in southern Iraq.

Anyways I am typing from my phone and don't put much effort in my grammar check.

As for the "radical/ secterian" militias. 90% of iraqis from the centre and south have blood relatives in the PMF. Any attack on the PMF will create hostility. My town alone have over 300 martyrs in the fight against IS and I will not accept any attempt at their sacrifices.

Arab media ignores the crimes of IS and focus on small issues with the PMF. Just shows their secterian mindset.

Here is a video of PMF attempting to save sunni civilians after a suicide bomber detonated himself while they were attameltng to flee. Will you see or hear about this from mainstream media? Of course not because it shows an ugly sauce of Daesh and shows that the PMF are liberators.

Sahlani is a Qathani tribe with a very long presence (pre-Islamic) in Southern Iraq especially around Nasiriyah and Basra. They are also present in KSA. Fair enough.

PMF is made up of numerous groups, a lot of volunteers (Shia as Sunni) etc. However you cannot deny that there are people with a questionable track record (history) who are now part of PMF. The Badr Organization being a good example. They have been widely accused of sectarian killings during the US occupation and were once even at odds with former Iraqi governments during that era. Not to mention their questionable history before the US invasion.

Are you joking? Outside of Al-Jazeera which admittedly has had an unfortunate role in this regard, most other media are highly critical of Fahesh and constantly put them in a bad light. There is a reason why Fahesh banned people in the areas that they control in Iraq and Syria from watching Al-Arabiya for instance.

I don't understand your last sentence as, at least in KSA, (I imagine this is the case in every other Arab country as well), the current operations against Fahesh have been called as a liberation and hailed. Also that particular clip was shown on Al-Arabiya Arabic yesterday and on several Saudi Arabian public channels. Lastly I believe that any informed Arab will know by now that Fahesh are the greatest killers of Sunni Muslims and a cancer for their political aspirations.

Anyway Fahesh will eventually lose control of all cities in Iraq as expected but what will happen when that happens? They will likely go back to working covertly again. The biggest problems in Iraq are corruption, sectarianism and a lack of political unity. For Iraq to truly become a stable, prospering and independent state Iraqi Shia Arabs and Iraqi Sunni Arabs need to unite first and foremost and find a common ground. There is also the Kurdish question which will inevitably cause problems especially territorial ones in the disputed areas. Or the economic problems coupled with a worrying (on the long run at least) population boom. Anyway I wish Iraq and our brethren all the best as usual.

Tragic news as ISIS blows up civilians escaping Fallujah via humanitarian corridors the PMU set up with Federal Police

Last video is NSFW shows the bodies of the women and children ISIS killed

Sahlani is a Qathani tribe with a very long presence (pre-Islamic) in Southern Iraq especially around Nasiriyah and Basra. They are also present in KSA. Fair enough.

PMF is made up of numerous groups, a lot of volunteers (Shia as Sunni) etc. However you cannot deny that there are people with a questionable track record (history) who are now part of PMF. The Badr Organization being a good example. They have been widely accused of sectarian killings during the US occupation and were once even at odds with former Iraqi governments during that era. Not to mention their questionable history before the US invasion.

Are you joking? Outside of Al-Jazeera which admittedly has had an unfortunate role in this regard, most other media are highly critical of Fahesh and constantly put them in a bad light. There is a reason why Fahesh banned people in the areas that they control in Iraq and Syria from watching Al-Arabiya for instance.

I don't understand your last sentence as, at least in KSA, (I imagine this is the case in every other Arab country as well), the current operations against Fahesh have been called as a liberation and hailed. Also that particular clip was shown on Al-Arabiya Arabic yesterday and on several Saudi Arabian public channels. Lastly I believe that any informed Arab will know by now that Fahesh are the greatest killers of Sunni Muslims and a cancer for their political aspirations.

Anyway Fahesh will eventually lose control of all cities in Iraq as expected but what will happen when that happens? They will likely go back to working covertly again. The biggest problems in Iraq are corruption, sectarianism and a lack of political unity. For Iraq to truly become a stable, prospering and independent state Iraqi Shia Arabs and Iraqi Sunni Arabs need to unite first and foremost and find a common ground. There is also the Kurdish question which will inevitably cause problems especially territorial ones in the disputed areas. Or the economic problems coupled with a worrying (on the long run at least) population boom. Anyway I wish Iraq and our brethren all the best as usual.
I've noticed the part in bold as well.

I've never seen Al Arabiya speak positively of ISIS. Al Jazeera, on the other hand, is a different story lol.

The Qataris really need to revamp Al Jazeera, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom