What's new

Iraq’s famous online star "Miss Baghdad" was shot dead in the street

The question is :Why is Christian gril shot to dead in iraqi street!??
Currently Iraq is violence prone. People can kill each other for various reasons, personal disputes, religious views, political views, affiliations, etc. Not exactly a place with proper law and order.

You live in China, it doesn't have gun violence so incidents like this seems like big news and can be shocking. The only people getting shot and killed are drug gangs when they shoot at police officers to avoid arrest. After talking to a few Afghans for example, to them getting blown up in some terror attack or get shot by some armed group is just a baseline risk they assume in their daily life. Society won't bat an eye if people get killed like that. Different environment, different ways of coping.

Some Chinese people have visited Iraq and did journalism, you can find it online. Most recognise the tragedy of modern day Iraq and sympathise with it. Many of older generation seems well educated but society got decimated due to 3 major wars in the last 30 years. You can expect many of the youth that didn't have a proper upbringing getting attracted to crime and violence. With the lack of a properly functioning state, many people get left out of proper services and lack stability. If we go back a few years, ISIS was posting videos of them murdering Iraqi security personnel and people affiliated with them even when they were in civilian clothing in a similar fashion as this current incident. This lady got much attention due to her high visibility profession. If this was just some random Iraqi girl of Christian faith, it wouldn't get much international attention.

After the wars, sectarian violence surged and was promoted as a policy by the US. This case could be sectarian or due to the lifestyle the model was promoting. As sectarian violence surged, people find refuge as a survival instinct, often it makes people more conservative and militant. Maybe it was due to other personal issues.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Iraq

Last edited:
Number of believers in various religions in China:
Islam: The total number is about 23 million.
Catholic: 6.5 million people.
Christianity: more than 38 million people
Buddhism: 17.3 million people.

All of the above are estimated quantities.

The stupid taliban destroyed the world heritage sites. stupid stupid stupid like all the extremist islamists around here.

I don't hate islam i love the islam from the moderate countries like Malaysia and Indonesia. Respect your history and your ancestors. Do follow arab blinded.

I have watched it on YouTube but never eatimitated their %. This is worldviwe that Chinese can eat everything.. nothing to do with Pakistan or me, we didn't created that image, it's western media and Chinese themselves.

If you were talking about current preception about Islam then we'll you are right, world think we are violent despite knowing that not even 0.1% of Muslims take part in violence despite all hate campaign by the west and sponsoring militancy, regional proxy wars b/w Saudi and Iranians.. most of the victims are Muslims themselves.

Muslims were not like that before Soviet Afghan war. Muslim world was peaceful and have good moderate leaders. There was no terrorism in Pakistan till 2005 .. maybe few incident but not organized like it later became And we have to send army to tribal region bordering Afghanistan.

The main problem is also true islamist don't condemn violent acts by other but rather support it. i remember when there was 9/11 or any kind of attach the majority of people in Pakistan support it...... why?

The main problem is also true islamist don't condemn violent acts by other but rather support it. i remember when there was 9/11 or any kind of attach the majority of people in Pakistan support it...... why?

I don't know what do you meant by true Islamist. Is there any fake Islamist too according to you? And who told you majority of Pakistanis celebrated 9/11 attacks..?

I condemn all violent militant terrorist organizaton except Kashmiri and Palestinian freedom fighters who are fighting for their identity.. or maybe to some extent Afghan Taliban bcoz they are not involve in cross border activities and fighting against foreign forces..on their own land.

Al Qaeeda, TTP, ISIS, boko haram etc are worst then swine's.

People who are brainwashed by religion cannot discuss in a civilized way.
Please continue to kill your sister in the name of religion and family honor.

We don't care.
Ppl are trying to explain to u in a civilized manner...it's u who doesn't care to listen. U r the one actively claiming ur Chinese superiority over Islam/Christianity/etc.

If u wish to believe that then go right ahead...
but again to answer ur question...
the picture of Islam that u have in ur head based on ISIS, Taliban, etc. isn't true. That's like if I started judging the entire Chinese culture based on this one Chinese guy who is in jail for committing a crime. U can see how that would be highly inaccurate and biased. If u want to pass ur judgement on something as complex and huge as religion...at the very least study it first.

Last edited:
I don't understand that as a Muslim, I don't force you Muslim to give up Islam. Why on earth do you have to let me believe in Islam?

Not only Islam, but Christianity also forces others to believe, otherwise there will be no Crusades.

The Chinese believe in science and ancestors.

Muslim and Christian believers, please do not force the Chinese to believe, thank you!

This is not about Islam. This is just Western "democracy" at work, which came to Iraq after Saddam Hussein's government fell after the 2003 invasion.

I don't know what do you meant by true Islamist. Is there any fake Islamist too according to you? And who told you majority of Pakistanis celebrated 9/11 attacks..?

I condemn all violent militant terrorist organizaton except Kashmiri and Palestinian freedom fighters who are fighting for their identity.. or maybe to some extent Afghan Taliban bcoz they are not involve in cross border activities and fighting against foreign forces..on their own land.

Al Qaeeda, TTP, ISIS, boko haram etc are worst then swine's.

About KAshmir and Palestine, there is a difference between the Kashmiri separatist militants and the Palestinian freedom fighters. The Palestinian ones, those who are within the PLO, are a progressive bunch, whereas the Kashmiri militants create space among themselves for regressive and reactionary people like Asiya Andrabi.

Edit : Afghan Taliban are poisonous to their country people.

Last edited:
This is not about Islam. This is just Western "democracy" at work, which came to Iraq after Saddam Hussein's government fell after the 2003 invasion.

About KAshmir and Palestine, there is a difference between the Kashmiri separatist militants and the Palestinian freedom fighters. The Palestinian ones, those who are within the PLO, are a progressive bunch, whereas the Kashmiri militants create space among themselves for regressive and reactionary people like Asiya Andrabi.

No one can deny that their maybe few ultra extremists people among Kashmiris and Palestinians like all other communities.

As for Afghanistan, Yes but you cannot deny that Afghan Taliban only operate in their country and don't target other countries. It's only thing which is good in Afghanistan Taliban.. so to some extent they are good for Pakistan's security as It's better to have them instead of AlQaeeda, TTP or Daesh on our border..

No one can deny that their maybe few ultra extremists people among Kashmiris and Palestinians like all other communities.

As for Afghanistan, Yes but you cannot deny that Afghan Taliban only operate in their country and don't target other countries. It's only thing which is good in Afghanistan Taliban.. so to some extent they are good for Pakistan's security as It's better to have them instead of AlQaeeda, TTP or Daesh on our border..

Yes I accept that the Afghan Taliban operate within the country's borders.

I would ideally like the Solidarity Party of Afghanistan to be in governance there but sadly neither the Taliban will that nor the NATO forces operating there.

All of this mess in Iraq are fruit of American invasion and mass killing of Iraqis after 2003.
Americans bring death to region specially Afghanistan and Iraq.
They come with angry mans and tanks and bombs not with kind nurses and foods and medicine.
Kick Americans out of west Asia all of the problems would be solve in the seconds.

According to Indian‘s’ standards, Hyderabad belongs to India. Then, Kashmir must belong to Pakistan. Indians are too greedy. They violate their own standards and invade Kashmir. It is the greed of Indians which has caused the Kashmir issue until today.
From the beginning, 88% of Kashmiris were Muslims and belongs to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom