What's new

Iran's Water Resources in Critical Condition

Currently 92 percent of Iranian water usage is in agricultural stuff, regulating residential water usage policy is something essential but definitely won't solve the problem.
Right now, most of farmers are using the traditional flood irrigation method of farming which is a total waste of resources.
There are plans to transform the traditional methods of irrigation into new ones like sprinkler, or Drip Irrigation but these kinda reforms need vast amounts of investment where the government seems to have problem with that.
Good information.

btw, for the love of buddah, change your username. You're the only normal one out of all the retards that came here from Iranmilitaryforum, but you have the most idiotic username of them all.

Why dont you comment on threads related to India??
And are you a Hindu???

I was sent to US/California at a very young age, grew up among Americans. Don't have a real connection to India. Sorry, don't know...

Why dont you comment on threads related to India??
And are you a Hindu???
Tumhara problem kya hai yaar.....if he doesn't like to post in India related threads......anyway, this thread is about Iran's water problem.....you guys can know more about each other through PM..

Tumhara problem kya hai yaar.....if he doesn't like to post in India related threads......anyway, this thread is about Iran's water problems.....you guys can know more about each other through PM..
I was sent to US/California at a very young age, grew up among Americans. Don't have a real connection to India. Sorry, don't know...
No problem,the new policy of this thread says that the first flag represent the country support and not where you are born.
Anyway i will not derail this thread anymore and PM facility is not available to me.

It's not only water that Iranians are over-consuming, natural gas consumption is actually worse. I think more than China or even European Union, which is insane!

Last edited:
It's not only the water that Iranians are over-consuming, natural gas consumption is actually worse. I think more than China or even European Union, which is insane!
yea iran is one of the worse country in the field of natural gas we could export all these wasted gas damn

yea iran is one of the worse country in the field of natural gas we could export all these wasted gas damn

I think it has something to do with people's culture, Iranians don't know how to consume properly, they need to visit China to see how people and South-East Asian countries consume electricity, water and natural gas.

I think it has something to do with people's culture, Iranians don't know how to consume properly, they need to visit China to see how people and South-East Asian countries consume electricity, water and natural gas.
it's long road so much has to be done

31352780.jpg

Iran mulling water transfer from Lake Van to Lake Oroumiyeh

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – An Iranian official announced that the country is considering transfer of water from Turkey’s Lake Van to shrinking Lake Oroumiyeh in northwestern Iran.

The plan for transferring Lake Van’s water is still in the feasibility study stage, Eisa Kalantari, the official in charge of reviving the Iranian lake, said, adding that the transfer would be carried out if the results of the biological, environmental, and chemical studies are found to be positive.

He went on to say that the studies will take three to four months, and once completed, technical and political negotiations will be held between the two countries.

Kalantari added that the project would not cost much as the distance between the two lakes is just 170 kilometers, and Lake Van is 350 meters higher than its Iranian counterpart.

The Iranian official also pointed to a plan for the transfer of water from Georgia to Lake Oroumiyeh, saying the plan, which is under preliminary investigations, is unlikely to be operationalized.

As Lake Oroumiyeh is shrinking and deserts of salt expanding, Iranian officials are trying to find ways to avert an imminent disaster and to stop the salt lake from drying up.

Back on December 2014, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Iran and Akvaplan (Niva) company of Norway, based on which the Norwegian company was commissioned to study the ecological and environmental side-effects of transferring water from the Caspian Sea to Lake Oroumiyeh.

One of the largest salt lakes in the world and classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, Lake Oroumiyeh has lost more than 60 percent of its surface over the last two decades due to drought and the damming of rivers feeding it.

The disappearance of the lake could leave behind billions of tons of salt which in turn displace millions of people and endanger the ecosystem of all surrounding areas, whose economy rely on agriculture and tourism.

31352780.jpg

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – An Iranian official announced that the country is considering transfer of water from Turkey’s Lake Van to shrinking Lake Oroumiyeh in northwestern Iran.

The plan for transferring Lake Van’s water is still in the feasibility study stage, Eisa Kalantari, the official in charge of reviving the Iranian lake, said, adding that the transfer would be carried out if the results of the biological, environmental, and chemical studies are found to be positive.

He went on to say that the studies will take three to four months, and once completed, technical and political negotiations will be held between the two countries.

Kalantari added that the project would not cost much as the distance between the two lakes is just 170 kilometers, and Lake Van is 350 meters higher than its Iranian counterpart.

The Iranian official also pointed to a plan for the transfer of water from Georgia to Lake Oroumiyeh, saying the plan, which is under preliminary investigations, is unlikely to be operationalized.

As Lake Oroumiyeh is shrinking and deserts of salt expanding, Iranian officials are trying to find ways to avert an imminent disaster and to stop the salt lake from drying up.

Back on December 2014, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Iran and Akvaplan (Niva) company of Norway, based on which the Norwegian company was commissioned to study the ecological and environmental side-effects of transferring water from the Caspian Sea to Lake Oroumiyeh.

One of the largest salt lakes in the world and classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, Lake Oroumiyeh has lost more than 60 percent of its surface over the last two decades due to drought and the damming of rivers feeding it.

The disappearance of the lake could leave behind billions of tons of salt which in turn displace millions of people and endanger the ecosystem of all surrounding areas, whose economy rely on agriculture and tourism.

I hope it's true and gets implemented.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom