What's new

Iran's Space Program

Mosa, sending satellites to space doesn't mean you have a space program. You have a space program when you can launch your indigenous satellites by your own launch vehicles and so far only 10 countries have done that, and Iran is the 9th.
Launching 20 kg toaster with modified Norh Korean Scud hardly can be called a space program either. When u launch 200 kg satellites then you can be proud.

Iran as SLV, is there any plan of developing GSLV?

P.S. - I removed satan number of thanks (666) from your list :D

I don't know what GSLV means, What is it? But if you mean if Iran has any plans to build launch vehicles that could put its satellites in the GEO orbit,the answer is positive. Iran's target year to put a heavy satellite into the GEO is 2015.

P.S: Thanks for the thank xD

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Actually yeah it is called a space program by everyone.

And a JV is already in progress to achieve that:
Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Kazakhstan cooperate in Space Peaceful Usages

"manufacturing space vehicles and their components, and regulations and usages of launching services." We'll see how that turns out.

Keep thinking as you wish, but if that's the case then more than 50 countries on the planet have 'active' space programs. but in my book, and other people's books, you have an active space program if you have launch capability on your own.

Launching 20 kg toaster with modified Norh Korean Scud hardly can be called a space program either. When u launch 200 kg satellites then you can be proud.

How do you know it was a toaster? Were you the bread in it burning all the way? And both North Korea and South Korea do not have any space launch technology as both have failed numerous times to put a satellite into space, so your opinion does not count. It is better for you to listen to your country's top rocket scientist to get an idea where Iran was three years ago:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what GSLV means, What is it? But if you mean if Iran has any plans to build launch vehicles that could put its satellites in the GEO orbit,the answer is positive. Iran's target year to put a heavy satellite into the GEO is 2015.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Keep thinking as you wish, but if that's the case then more than 50 countries on the planet have 'active' space programs. but in my book, and other people's books, you have an active space program if you have launch capability on your own.

I will let time answer you all. There is nothing more to gain from this thread apparently.

Iranian should seriously consider about cooperate with the Indian in manned moon mission, only them have such planhttp://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/154853-isro-plans-manned-mission-moon-2014-a.htmland it's very likely for them to successfully execute it with theirs heavy R&D effort in all high tech fields including space tech, their rocket tech is cutting edge, one of the prove is that they can launch 10 satellites with 1 rocket, even the Japanese can't do it, on the other hand, there is no space for a cooperation between China and Iran because China's relatively low R&D effort and it's unlikely to become capable for running such high tech project.

GSLV means geostationary satellite launch vehicle. Iran has not yet publicly announced it as per my knowledge though Iran does need such a vehicle if it wants to launch commercial relay satellites of heavy weight. Seimorgh is a medium weight lifter to Low earth orbit. For a GSLV Iran must develop cryogenic engines running on liquid hydrogen+liquid oxygen fuel or better yet the Russian technology of liquid oxygen+kerosene fuel.

It is not 50 countries, it is probably more than 100 countries. Even school children make small satellites. Only a launch capable nation is a true space power. The rest are just users of those capabilities provided by space launch capable nations.

Iranian should seriously consider about cooperate with the Indian in manned moon mission, only them have such planhttp://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/154853-isro-plans-manned-mission-moon-2014-a.htmland it's very likely for them to successfully execute it with theirs heavy R&D effort in all high tech fields including space tech, their rocket tech is cutting edge, one of the prove is that they can launch 10 satellites with 1 rocket, even the Japanese can't do it, on the other hand, there is no space for a cooperation between China and Iran because China's relatively low R&D effort and it's unlikely to become capable for running such high tech project.

That mission is not manned and is robotic. The article is erroneous. India is yet to send a man to orbit and moon will only come after that. Besides why should Iran go to India when China is there. That is if China takes some interest in Iran.

Really Iranians should stop this (Persian superior to Arabs in every way) mentality. These are high tech expensive sats that orbit the earth for years.

They are because, they are Aryans. looooool :P jokes! :D

@topic I think Saudis do make satellites and they are not just painted 'Made in Saudi' as some people are trying to suggest but the advantage Iran has over Saudi is they have their own indigenous launching capabilities. Which is a great achievement and take so much research, hard-work, investment and the fact that they did this in spite of so many sanctions is something to congratulate them about.

And both North Korea and South Korea do not have any space launch technology as both have failed numerous times to put a satellite into space, so your opinion does not count.
North Korea and South Korea tried to launch hundreds kg satellites, not 20 kg toy.

It is better for you to listen to your country's top rocket scientist to get an idea where Iran was three years ago:

Well he says the same thing: modified Norh Korean Scud.

Iranaian new space launcher:
article-0-0252282400000578-466_468x374.jpg

Ancient Soviet Scud:
540px-Wz8K14_RB3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
North Korea and South Korea tried to launch hundreds kg satellites, not 20 kg toy.

No, he does not. I guess you also have hearing problem and the Israeli scientist in that video also has a very very poor English, typical of Jews. But what he says is that Iran's rocket is a sophisticated one and he takes pride it that and also that such a rocket has not been seen anywhere else. Go and watch the video again. The Israeli scientist is so proud of Iranian rocket. As for your pictures, it is crap. Since all rockets are cylindrical with fins to stabilize them. Perhaps only Israelis are stupid enough to use rectangular rockets. Iranians just use regular cylindrical ones.

:bunny: ..................... it's enough for you

Iranaian new space launcher:
article-0-0252282400000578-466_468x374.jpg

Ancient Soviet Scud:
540px-Wz8K14_RB3.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IRAN_3__engine_group1-425x500.jpg

:bunny: ..................... it's enough for you

He is an ignorant zionist. He can not understand that putting a 2 kilogram payload into an orbit uses the same technologies as putting a 2 tonne payload. If you do not have technology to put a 2 kilogram payload, you can not put a 2 tonne payload either or vice versa. Zionists IQ are generally low because of how they interbreed with each other and have so many genetical diseases.

Back
Top Bottom