What's new

Iran's Infrastructure projects...

Iranian future aviation productions (kowsar fighter, Transport plane, Passenger planes etc)requires aluminium..:woot:
Note: to make Aluminium you need to make "Alumina" and to make Alumina you need the "ore" called (Bauxite)..a 3 plant process and lots and lots of Electricity (cheap and plenty in Iran)

Iran ramping up alumina production with Chinese help​

8495af0d-0e61-4649-8a0c-5051772ed4fa.jpg

938145c3-11f8-43e3-9e2b-e309a581062a.jpg

wished the news was about Titanium

Astronomical power generation in just 9 months..that is why electricity is so cheap in Iran!
16 new thermal power plants came on stream in the past 9 months
14011108000263_Test_PhotoN.jpg

Iran’s nominal power generation capacity exceeds 90,000 MWo_O

With the inauguration of a new thermal power plant in southwestern Iran, the nominal capacity of the country’s power plants has exceeded 90,000 megawatts (MW), an official with the country’s Thermal Power Plants Holding Company (TPPH) announced.
4406779.jpg

Astronomical power generation in just 9 months..that is why electricity is so cheap in Iran!
16 new thermal power plants came on stream in the past 9 months
14011108000263_Test_PhotoN.jpg

Iran’s nominal power generation capacity exceeds 90,000 MWo_O

With the inauguration of a new thermal power plant in southwestern Iran, the nominal capacity of the country’s power plants has exceeded 90,000 megawatts (MW), an official with the country’s Thermal Power Plants Holding Company (TPPH) announced.
4406779.jpg

The cheaper the energy prices are, the more money the people have left for a living and consume and the cheaper are the production costs of the industry and the business what resulted in cheaper market prices what give also an advantage on the world markets. Simple as that. ( negativ example here is germany)

I put this video in here because this underground missile city is a massive "Infrastructure" project that Iran has done..It costs billions to make structures like this and Iran apparently has many of them in both nuclear and missile usage variety.
by the way Iran is now 4th country in the world for engineering knowhow in dam and tunnel construction and one of the leading "cement" research countries! . German military engineers of WWII will be happy to see what Iran has built @Ich .:-)
14010615000243_Test_PhotoN.jpeg

Video is in English and thanks to @Stryker1982 for posting it..

Last edited:
Finally after 1.5 year we are seeing the first of low cost housings constructed under Raisi government to be delivered.. to finish 4 million units for the next 2.5 years is a challenge so we shall see if he can deliver on his campaign promise..They look good I wonder how much each Apt unit is sold for..such a condo unit in Canada major city suburbs will be easily around $250,000 dollars ..@Cancerous Tumor ..any idea!

10,000 units delivered today
3706797.jpg

3706802.jpg

3706796.jpg

3706803.jpg

Iran starts construction of a $2.2 billion dollars Petcoke Plant
Petcoke is a carbon rich solid material that is derived from oil refining. High grade petcoke is used to make electrodes for the steel and aluminum industry. Iran' steel mills and aluminum smelters are heavy users of this product. As Iran is becoming a world producer of steel and Aluminium this plant will feed the required raw materials needed for the their production needs.
  • Location of the plant: bandar Abbas refinery
  • Creates 8000 direct/indirect jobs
  • Iran is the sixth country in the world to posses the technology to produce petroleum coke.
  • will produce some 620,000 metric tons of sponge coke per year once it comes on line
I have included a photo of Bandar Abbas refinery..the petcoke plant will be in this site.
bandar _abbas_refinery.jpg

Iranian Infrastructure projects producing population wide effects: Thanks to @jauk for water data .

• 97% of Iranian population has access to piped natural gas (world's highest ever)
  • 94% of Iranian population has access to safe drinking water
Two statistics that surpass even some European countries

Safe water.JPG

Finally after 1.5 year we are seeing the first of low cost housings constructed under Raisi government to be delivered.. to finish 4 million units for the next 2.5 years is a challenge so we shall see if he can deliver on his campaign promise..They look good I wonder how much each Apt unit is sold for..such a condo unit in Canada major city suburbs will be easily around $250,000 dollars ..@Cancerous Tumor ..any idea!

10,000 units delivered today
3706797.jpg

3706802.jpg

3706796.jpg

3706803.jpg
I am not a Tehrani dude so I know a little about Parand housing project. it would be better if someone that lives there explain good and bad things of these projects.

According to wiki Parand (mini city withing Tehran) hosts 250,000 people.(2022)

According to Divar.ir website (Ebay at home of Iranians) smaller apartments (less than 100 m)can be found for price of less than 16 billion rials there which is less than 40,000 USD.price of these new ones should be higher than $ 40,000 :rolleyes: ( I think)

I also would love to see their numbers such as price of land and cost of production and hidden and not hidden subsidies and loans with it's interest rates for such projects in order to compare it with private companies (If there is such thing in Iran any more ) outcome.

I am not a Tehrani dude so I know a little about Parand housing project. it would be better if someone that lives there explain good and bad things of these projects.

According to wiki Parand (mini city withing Tehran) hosts 250,000 people.(2022)

According to Divar.ir website (Ebay at home of Iranians) smaller apartments (less than 100 m)can be found for price of less than 16 billion rials there which is less than 40,000 USD.price of these new ones should be higher than $ 40,000 :rolleyes: ( I think)

I also would love to see their numbers such as price of land and cost of production and hidden and not hidden subsidies and loans with it's interest rates for such projects in order to compare it with private companies (If there is such thing in Iran any more ) outcome.
Considering that land for government low cost housing is given free I expect the price of each unit to be lower than 40 k..but I am just happy that Raisi national housing plan is now up and producing results.

Considering that land for government low cost housing is given free I expect the price of each unit to be lower than 40 k..but I am just happy that Raisi national housing plan is now up and producing results.
Me think such also helps with the demographic factor.

Very sad to see what has happened in Turkey but we should keep in mind that construction methods and materials used (steel) make a difference and save lives.

How Iranian Low rise buildings survived (did not collapse) in the the 7.3 quake in 2017 Kermanshah quake and Turkish low rise buildings pancaked one after the other in the the same magnitude quake..
GettyImages_873645774.0.jpg

GettyImages_873502064.jpg

Turkey
1675742067624.png

Having been to Turkey many times, one thing I knoticed was the very thin sturctural collumbs they built with compared to the Iranian buildings.....

Heart goes out to the people affected. I hope to see Iran send as much aid as possible.
Very sad to see what has happened in Turkey but we should keep in mind that construction methods and materials used (steel) make a difference and save lives.

How Iranian Low rise buildings survived (did not collapse) in the the 7.3 quake in 2017 Kermanshah quake and Turkish low rise buildings pancaked one after the other in the the same magnitude quake..
GettyImages_873645774.0.jpg

GettyImages_873502064.jpg

TurkeyView attachment 915317
Imagine if Saudi International existed back then. We wouldn't hear the end of it.

Despite a 7.3 M earthquake, their were 600+ deaths.

The scale of damage in Hatay in particular which is somewhat further way from the epicenter compared to Gaziantep is unprecedented.

What is the difference here?

Back
Top Bottom