What's new

Iran’s inflation rate hits 32.5%: Central Bank

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
TEHRAN – Central Bank of Iran (CBI) has announced that the inflation rate for the 12-month period ending the first Iranian calendar month of Farvardin (March 21- April 20) hit 32.5 percent compared to the same period in the previous year.

The consumer price index (CPI) in Iran’s urban areas reached 188.5 percent in Farvardin, indicating one percent growth compared to the previous month, the Mehr News Agency reported on Wednesday.

The figure showed 17.4 percent rise compared to the same month last year.

Meanwhile, the Statistical Center of Iran put the inflation rate at 30.2 percent for the 12-month period ending the first Iranian calendar month of Farvardin, compared to the same period in the previous year.

To to counter the sanction induced inflation: National progress will help counter sanctions: Leader

TEHRAN – Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has said that making efforts to improve Iran’s capabilities in various sectors will help counter the effects of sanctions.

The Leader made the remarks in an address to a number of laborers, managers, designers, and planners of the MAPNA Group and hundreds of laborers from other companies at a meeting in Karaj on Wednesday, held ahead of International Workers’ Day, which is celebrated on May 1.

Are we choking them to their knees or as a closed economy, they are actually doing OK with that kind of inflation?

Iran’s inflation rate hits 32.5%: Central Bank - Tehran Times

This will make Iran self-sufficient in many areas which will be great for them long term.

How is it possible?

i beleive this is too much.

F*** western sanctions.

32.5%?

Turkey in 1990's had inflation running in like 100s ...lol

Hope things will settle down and all sanctions will be lifted from Iran.

Iran has alot of economic potential...

Hungary after WW2 had an inflation rate of... wait for it.. 13,600,000,000,000,000%

I swear I can't make this up.

I know.

I study economics as a major here...

Are you an Iranian in Iran?

I know.

I study economics as a major here...

Are you an Iranian in Iran?

You study economics and say the US is the strongest economy :lol:

Please drop economics and do something else kid because you are clueless.

@Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 and other senior members from China,

Who is this kid who has been following me just because I said that U.S is still the strongest economy of the world? This idiot is giving China a bad name.

indians are famous for being delusional and thinking that their country is some sort of superpower...I don't expect Chinese to start living in the delusions that their country is already a stronger economy than the United States

maybe you should advise your government to elect you as the economics guru. they keep buying US treasuries to keep their monies safe...

China-Treasuries1.jpg

maybe you should advise your government to do the same. they keep buying US treasuries to keep their monies safe...

That shows you need our money to prop up a weak economy. You just proved my point :lol:

That shows you need our money to prop up a weak economy. You just proved my point :lol:

idjit.... you choose to invest, we don't force you too. It shows you have no clue about anything related economics.

you are a poster of child of why to abolish the one child policy ... - at least the parents could be proud of the second one

Can you believe 1 USD = 25518 IRR Iranian rial

Iran Rial is something like penny or yen.It is too small since it has not changed from 80 years ago.
But if 10000 rial paper money fall from our pocket we do not stoop to lift it.
10000 rials is about 0.5 dollar. In Iran we do not call 10000 rials but we call one(thousand) 1000 tomans,even we do not spell "thousand" but say one toman.20000 rial= 2 toman.

Iran Rial is something like penny or yen.It is too small since it has not changed from 80 years ago.
But if 10000 rial paper money fall from our pocket we do not stoop to lift it.
10000 rials is about 0.5 dollar. In Iran we do not call 10000 rials but we call one(thousand) 1000 tomans,even we do not spell "thousand" but say one toman.20000 rial= 2 toman.

Ii checked lands/houses are very expensive in Iran to buy is it because rial has no value?

idjit.... you choose to invest, we don't force you too. It shows you have no clue about anything related economics.

you are a poster of child of why to abolish the one child policy ... - at least the parents could be proud of the second one

Whaaaaaa?

U MAD BRO?

Back
Top Bottom