What's new

Iran’s Army plans to procure 800 Karrar advanced battle tanks

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has announced a plan to procure almost 800 modern Karrar battle tanks, according to an article published by the state-owned Tasnim News Agency on 18 July.

The IRGC has announced it intends to move forward with the procurement of 800 modern Karrar battle tanks as part of the modernization plan of Iran’s Armed Forces.

The new Iranian-made main battle tank possesses a modern electro-optical fire control system, a laser rangefinder, ballistic computer and could fire at both stable and mobile targets in day or night. The Karraris is fitted with a new welded turret which is armed with a 125 mm smoothbore gun. It can fire laser-guided missiles, likely from the main gun barrel, and has a remotely operated 12.7-millimeter machine gun.

As for the armor protection of the new tank, it has reactive armor tiles to protect against anti-tank shells, rockets, and missiles. The Karrar is fitted with latest generation of armour, with ERA (Explosive Reactive Armour) at the front of the hull and turret.

In February, Commander of Iran’s Army Ground Force Brigadier General Kioomars Heidari said contracts to use Iranian homegrown military tank Karrar are ready to be delivered to the Iranian armed forces.

He also noted that the Karrar tank is one of the unique products that have been contracted by the Army to be delivered to the factories for mass production.

Despite its visual similarity to the Russian T-90MS tank, the Iranian Karrar advanced battle tank is a new local development.

https://defence-blog.com/army/irans-army-plans-procure-800-karrar-advanced-battle-tanks.html

The Karrar is a T-72 with makeup to look like a T-90, just another F-313 for propaganda.

Iran needs to stop these bullshit claims of fake achievements and settle for reverse engineering older tech in bulk and incremental upgrades (which it also does to be fair). Insane to think it can somehow match the technological capabilities of a T-90 which has had billions of investment and years of testing.

The Karrar is a T-72 with makeup to look like a T-90, just another F-313 for propaganda.

Iran needs to stop these bullshit claims of fake achievements and settle for reverse engineering older tech in bulk and incremental upgrades (which it also does to be fair). Insane to think it can somehow match the technological capabilities of a T-90 which has had billions of investment and years of testing.

They probably procured Iraqi T-90s and will implement the best aspects as best they can on their T-72s and call it the Karrar

Take it easy there bud.

T-90 was created in 1993, it isn’t some magical high tech phenomena. It’s really just an extension of the T-72 program.

It is well within Iran’s capabilities to create a T-90, especially if Russia assisted Iran through back door ToT of some kind. Since Iran had a license to create T-72’s in the 90’s as well as the T-72z upgrade program, most of the effort was already done.

Many of the technical aspects of the tank the cannon, automated gunner, electronics, ERA, the turret ‘shape’, the laser Jammer....are all within Iran’s capability.

The real question is what munitions it will use, if Iran is going to deploy Depleted uranium tank shells and depleted uranium armor then this tank could actually be more lethal than the most advanced T-90. Especially once an active protection system is deployed alongside the laser jammer.

Furthermore, no military in the world orders 800 Tanks if they are merely “propaganda”. That is still a billion dollar + order.

Iran’s propaganda projects don’t get mass produced. Simple as that, look at Z3 tank. That was a project that died.Never mass produced or even left prototype stage.

On F-313, it is still way too early to tell. People are impatient, To expect Iran to field a fighter jet to the public prior to 2020 (at the earliest) is wishful thinking. If that project is still in development, but a long way off they aren’t going to make yearly announcements.

Last edited:

Lmao T-90 isn't that advance T-90 is just make over of T-72B and put it some Sthora and shitton of Kontakt-5 on it also a new turret if you think this is propaganda just look at this https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Y3atxhA-...rACLcB/s576/Capture2B_2017-03-12-13-21-05.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rwd4sreq...mQCLcB/s576/Capture2B_2017-03-12-13-16-43.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9PXjZPJK...DVgjnCZvX6soIbNnOYQCLcB/s576/assembly_ka.jpeg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ny8feOve...ewCLcB/s576/Capture2B_2017-03-12-13-16-50.png
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oifI4_KI...OvYDD0yf5sZrhACLcB/s576/turret_install_2.jpeg

And also F-313 is just in first stage of it's development you think that just new to build an aircraft and rush it to fly??? Everything you show about it's vids is just it's mockup idiot!!!!

STFU

The information released in public and media domains regarding Iran weapon tech is always limited. Speculations are made on the capability of Iranian defence industry, which doesn't seem comparable with western industries. Karrar looks like an upgraded T-72, it could have few components comparable in performance to T-90 (any version, basic to advanced).

On F-313, it is still way too early to tell. People are impatient, To expect Iran to field a fighter jet to the public prior to 2020 (at the earliest) is wishful thinking. If that project is still in development, but a long way off they aren’t going to make yearly announcements.
Any country that talks of taking on Israel or/and USA, needs a highly advanced Air Force to start with.

هارت و پورت های قبل تحریم

Take it easy there bud.

T-90 was created in 1993, it isn’t some magical high tech phenomena. It’s really just an extension of the T-72 program.

It is well within Iran’s capabilities to create a T-90, especially if Russia assisted Iran through back door ToT of some kind. Since Iran had a license to create T-72’s in the 90’s as well as the T-72z upgrade program, most of the effort was already done.

Many of the technical aspects of the tank the cannon, automated gunner, electronics, ERA, the turret ‘shape’, the laser Jammer....are all within Iran’s capability.
The T-90 has been hugely improved since then which is obviously what I was referring to because they are claiming it is as good as T-90SM. But regardless, I will believe it when I see it.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a25680/irans-karrar-tank/

Furthermore, no military in the world orders 800 Tanks if they are merely “propaganda”. That is still a billion dollar + order.

Iran’s propaganda projects don’t get mass produced. Simple as that, look at Z3 tank. That was a project that died.Never mass produced or even left prototype stage.
You think they paid or something? They always say they will mass produce but they shouldn't even mass produce this because currently it needs a lot of improvements.

That is a dream and the project was basically cancelled as far as I know. Iran doesn't need a stealth fighter jet and is not going to waste its limited military budget on trying to suddenly build a 4/5 G jet from nothing.

Thank you for your display of intellectualism and wisdom.

Lmao T-90 isn't that advance T-90 is just make over of T-72B and put it some Sthora and shitton of Kontakt-5 on it also a new turret if you think this is propaganda

And also F-313 is just in first stage of it's development you think that just new to build an aircraft and rush it to fly??? Everything you show about it's vids is just it's mockup idiot!!!!
Why are you so angry? Chill out.

T-90SM is not similar to T-90 let alone T-72. Iran cannot produce anything like T-90SM but it's good they are trying, but I don't think they need to waste lots of resources on MBTs anyway.

I am aware. If you think the F-313 will ever come into fruition, however, then you are the idiot.

They probably procured Iraqi T-90s and will implement the best aspects as best they can on their T-72s and call it the Karrar
The karrar prototype was up and running and unveiled back in 2016 long before the first iraqi t90s were delivered,in fact the final production version was unveiled long before the first iraqi t90s were delivered in feb this year.

The T-90 has been hugely improved since then which is obviously what I was referring to because they are claiming it is as good as T-90SM. But regardless, I will believe it when I see it.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a25680/irans-karrar-tank/

You think they paid or something? They always say they will mass produce but they shouldn't even mass produce this because currently it needs a lot of improvements.

That is a dream and the project was basically cancelled as far as I know. Iran doesn't need a stealth fighter jet and is not going to waste its limited military budget on trying to suddenly build a 4/5 G jet from nothing.

Thank you for your display of intellectualism and wisdom.

Why are you so angry? Chill out.

T-90SM is not similar to T-90 let alone T-72. Iran cannot produce anything like T-90SM but it's good they are trying, but I don't think they need to waste lots of resources on MBTs anyway.

I am aware. If you think the F-313 will ever come into fruition, however, then you are the idiot.

Lol "wasteful of resources" you should know that most of iran's Tank's fleet were consiste pf t-72s,T-55s and M60s and their enemy were equip with Merkava-4,M1A2 and Leopard-2 and excuse me?? You said NOT T-90MS at first place okay you just say T-90 just T-90!!!and also
@PeeD can you talk with this guy?

And also about the article of that Popular mechanics written by Kyle Mizokami is just utter crap and rubbish that i want to throw it to trash can!!
He said that Karrar tank is decades outdated to the other tanks of this year and also he said that it's just cheap product to make Russian to sell their stuffs and he should have known that Iran REJECTED to bought T-90 and even T-90MS!! And i will tell you that Karrar tank's features
-Thermal imaging fire control system
-Commander panoramic sight with thermal imaging similar with FLIR fitted with machine gun which enable hunter and killer capability
-Blow out panels at turret rear to store some shell's and projectiles and protect the crew from incoming ammorack explotion
-ERA for turret that it's similar to RELIKT ERA for turret front
-Battlefield Management System
-Vehicle information display
If you don't believes just read this article
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/karrar.htm

Lol "wasteful of resources" you should know that most of iran's Tank's fleet were consiste pf t-72s,T-55s and M60s and their enemy were equip with Merkava-4,M1A2 and Leopard-2 and excuse me??
That would be relevant if Israel and Iran shared a border.

And also about the article of that Popular mechanics written by Kyle Mizokami is just utter crap and rubbish that i want to throw it to trash can!!
He said that Karrar tank is decades outdated to the other tanks of this year and also he said that it's just cheap product to make Russian to sell their stuffs and he should have known that Iran REJECTED to bought T-90 and even T-90MS!! And i will tell you that Karrar tank's features
-Thermal imaging fire control system
-Commander panoramic sight with thermal imaging similar with FLIR fitted with machine gun which enable hunter and killer capability
-Blow out panels at turret rear to store some shell's and projectiles and protect the crew from incoming ammorack explotion
-ERA for turret that it's similar to RELIKT ERA for turret front
-Battlefield Management System
-Vehicle information display
If you don't believes just read this article
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/karrar.htm
I think the truth, as always, probably lies somewhere in the middle. But thanks for the info and I hope you are right.

Pakistan has Haider Modern battle tank, Iran has Karar Modern Battle Tank
did they consult each other for names

Back
Top Bottom