What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

the only thing shown was one f-15 that a missile exploded near it , it assumed that f-15 probably get damaged , but no evidence of shot down ever provided , unlike the other case , so nope no f-15 was destroyed

the problem is not that . as i said our air defense is stronger than many NATO countries .
but the problem is the air defense need to be strengthened by air force and that part is postponed by not provided adequate finance to the development sector

wrong i believe western and Chinese airplanes are better than Russians one right now , AESA radars are very important , data link is very important , electronic warfare is very important , being able to produce the weapon is very important Russians have serious problem in that regard, because they were asleep in last 30+ years ands the world didn't wait for them

Iran very well can stay with then for the next 4-5 years , and we must replace the f-5 and mirages and j-7 with kowsar in that time till the domestic turbofan engine become ready and then build the next generation Kowsar that can replace all the circus airplanes and use the current generation of kowsar for training our pilots
those su-35 in the numbers that you guys suggest (24-26 ) have no effect at all only add to the complexity of maintenance of our air force and can't compete with our neighbors airforce
There for the F-15, notice the FLIR system coming from Iran, in total, 2 F-15S crashed, Houthis claims shooting them both down and Saudi says one got a technical problem, this is this one which crashed, you cannot say it isn't because of the second missiles, they also came to the place with the F-15 debris
there the Tornado
Apache

Are you believing Saudi propaganda? Each of their jets getting shut down is claimed to have "technical problem", this is the same the US says for any of their jets or drones crashing, in the first gulf war, the first F-18 that came into Iraqi airspace got shut down by a MiG-25, the US for months was still saying it was a technical problem until finally admitting it was shot down by an R-40 and the pilot died

and we must replace the f-5 and mirages and j-7 with kowsar in that time till the domestic turbofan engine become ready and then build the next generation Kowsar that can replace all the circus airplanes and use the current generation of kowsar for training our pilots
But just answer my simple question, and i am not even an expert in aerospace and fighter jets at all, do you think it is wise for Iran to keep the blind Mirages and FT-7, Su-22, F-4, MiG-29 9.12 s to defend its airspace while waiting for Kowsar being fully improved with a new engine? Sure i believe you that Kowsar CAN replace all of these, but does Iran have time in the current geopolitic context to wait let's say 5 to one decade to finish it's jet? If there is a conflict during that time, Iran will have nothing but the current stock of rotting MiG-29 and Tomcats jets to fly, you cannot intercept everything with air defense for certain things, fighters are crucial for quick reaction against B1 or B2, B-52, E-8 and EAG-18 for example which would be the main asset the U.S would employ for destroying Iran SAM sites

AESA radars are very important , data link is very important , electronic warfare is very important , being able to produce the weapon is very important Russians have serious problem in that regard, because they were asleep in last 30+ years ands the world didn't wait for them
Then Iran can ask Russia to integrate datalink with our fleet this is not complicate, you can also ask Russia to add components suited for Iran needs, if there not that ultra-needed AESA, Iran can wait until it can get them, the rest while continuing its indigenous program, again it seem you are determining if a fighter is good or bad only by looking if it has an active radar or a passive radar, i don't think this is the only factor to take in count to say if a fighter jet is crap or not, why would China buy Su-35 if they were really that bad when China already has full AESA massive J-10C, J-15, j-16, J-20 fleet? Why would Turkey ask for it when they already have AESA F-16? Why would Egypt ask for it when it already had F-16s in mass?
those su-35 in the numbers that you guys suggest (24-26 ) have no effect at all only add to the complexity of maintenance of our air force and can't compete with our neighbors airforce
How can you tell that Su-35 is that garbage to have no effect with 2 squadrons? Like F-5 and current fleet are in the same class as Su-35?

The current needs of Iran isn't to surpass all neighbors fleets right now, but to have decent aircrafts to do interception missions and defending the airspace as well as bombing terrorists near the borders precisely and quickly, the long plan may be to surpass neighbors for sure, but Iran should think at the present, like what are the current threats, what are the current flaws of Iran forces

Then, while having at least something decent (just something recent if you prefer) like Su-35, Iran can continue its indigenous projects in serenity and security, Su-35 will also undoubtedly add deterrence against a possible plan of attack

There for the F-15, notice the FLIR system coming from Iran, in total, 2 F-15S crashed, Houthis claims shooting them both down and Saudi says one got a technical problem, this is this one which crashed, you cannot say it isn't because of the second missiles, they also came to the place with the F-15 debris
there the Tornado
that's the one I say damaged and the debris are not f-15 , the f-15 didn't change trajectory didn't get fired , didn't exploded

there the Tornado
Apache
you don't find an argument from me about the tornado or AH-64 .
one helicopter another an aircraft retired by the country that produced it , not very good examples
also we are talking about western and Chinese airplane in air to air role against Russian ones not how they fare against ground to air heat seeking missiles . in Visual range
first gulf war, the first F-18 that came into Iraqi airspace got shut down by a MiG-25, the US for months was still saying it was a technical problem until finally admitting it was shot down by an R-40 and the pilot died
how many Iraqi migs got shot down .
But just answer my simple question, and i am not even an expert in aerospace and fighter jets at all, do you think it is wise for Iran to keep the blind Mirages and FT-7, Su-22, F-4, MiG-29 9.12 s to defend its airspace while waiting for Kowsar being fully improved with a new engine? Sure i believe you that Kowsar CAN replace all of these, but does Iran have time in the current geopolitic context to wait let's say 5 to one decade to finish it's jet? If there is a conflict during that time, Iran will have nothing but the current stock of rotting MiG-29 and Tomcats jets to fly, you cannot intercept everything with air defense for certain things, fighters are crucial for quick reaction against B1 or B2, B-52, E-8 and EAG-18 for example which would be the main asset the U.S would employ for destroying Iran SAM sites
as oi said kowsar with its current form is superior to those airplanes as stopgap , we must invest in kowsar and use it instead of those circus airplanes and when the next generation kowsar become ready we must use the current generation kowsar as trainer and rebuild our airforce from ground withthat aircraft.
we must not waste 6 billion of our money on su-35 as its outdated right now and in 10 years just become another circus aircraft by the way are you aware the stated tracking range on Ibris-E is just less than 10km more than tracking range on the radar used in Kowsar that you call f-5 ?

why would China buy Su-35 if they were really that bad when China already has full AESA massive J-10C, J-15, j-16, J-20 fleet? Why would Turkey ask for it when they already have AESA F-16? Why would Egypt ask for it when it already had F-16s in mass?
as i said political reason otherwise what 24 su-35 will do for China while they only have around 600x J-10 150x j20 440x J11 170+x J-16 32x su27 and 73x su30 ?

also about turkey f-16 i guess you are wrong , they are F16c/d they come with AN/APG-68 that's an pulse Doppler radar it was in f16E/F or block 60 that they used AN/APG-80 so no turkey have noAESA radar and as far as i'm aware turkey wanted to upgrade its F-16 to block 72
they said if they can't get those they go buy Su-35 its what have happened
you cannot intercept everything with air defense for certain things, fighters are crucial for quick reaction against B1 or B2, B-52, E-8 and EAG-18 for example which would be the main asset the U.S would employ for destroying Iran SAM sites
what USA use against Iran SAM are none of those it would be f-18 Growler and F-35 and no 2 or 3
squadron of su-35 wont change anything not on paper not in reality . the only think they bring is nail on the coffin of kowsar
Then Iran can ask Russia to integrate datalink with our fleet this is not complicate, you can also ask Russia to add components suited for Iran needs, if there not that ultra-needed AESA, Iran can wait until it can get them, the rest while continuing its indigenous program, again it seem you are determining if a fighter is good or bad only by looking if it has an active radar or a passive radar,
after 10 years india could not get the damn radar from russia and russia only managed to build 6 for its su-57 .so i say don't waste money there spend it on kowsar project.
you are determining if a fighter is good or bad only by looking if it has an active radar or a passive radar, i don't think this is the only factor to take in count to say if a fighter jet is crap or not, why would China buy Su-35 if they were really that bad when China already has full AESA massive J-10C, J-15, j-16, J-20 fleet? Why would Turkey ask for it when they already have AESA F-16? Why would Egypt ask for it when it already had F-16s in mass?
Iet not kid our self , what is the most important aspect of a fighter jet please tell me ?
for me its Radar and e-warfare systems. what criteria you consider the most important and the less rcs the better?
and about china and su-35 i already told it several time those 24 su-35 play no role in china airfoorce , they are just there for political reasons
How can you tell that Su-35 is that garbage to have no effect with 2 squadrons? Like F-5 and current fleet are in the same class as Su-35?
your problem is consider f-5 as the same as kowsar , there are a lot difference in their capabilities
The current needs of Iran isn't to surpass all neighbors fleets right now, but to have decent aircrafts to do interception missions and defending the airspace as well as bombing terrorists near the borders precisely and quickly, the long plan may be to surpass neighbors for sure, but Iran should think at the present, like what are the current threats, what are the current flaws of Iran forces
they can't do the interception as they get intercepted themselves just look at the video i posted and show at what range it get a lock on Ukrainian mig-29 with their meager e-warfare capabilities
for bombing the terrorist are you kidding me wasting 6-billion of our money to get 2-3 squadron of the aircraft from Russia without any TOT to bomb some terrorist , the kowsar is already more than capable enough to do that , you don't even need that , just use Kaman12 kaman-22, Mohajer-6, Shahed-129, Shahed-149, Ababil-5 do i need to tell more what must be used against terrorists
Then, while having at least something decent (just something recent if you prefer) like Su-35, Iran can continue its indigenous projects in serenity and security, Su-35 will also undoubtedly add deterrence against a possible plan of attack
no our budget is limited , yearly amount reserved for increasing the capability of all branches of army and IRGC is only around 4.5billion Dollar

And what are Kowsar/F-5/F-4 chances against F-16 and F-15? Better or worse?
f-4 and f-5 zero . the current generation kowsar , depend on what country f-16 we are talking UAE or Turkey ?
UAE zero , turkey nearly even, because we still don't have a bvr missile for kowsar ready . photos are there that show some work on AIM-7 is being made but there is no announcement yet

Last edited:
that's the one I say damaged and the debris are not f-15 , the f-15 didn't change trajectory didn't get fired , didn't exploded

you don't find an argument from me about the tornado or AH-64 .
one helicopter another an aircraft retired by the country that produced it , not very good examples
also we are talking about western and Chinese airplane in air to air role against Russian ones not how they fare against ground to air heat seeking missiles . in Visual range

how many Iraqi migs got shot down .

as oi said kowsar with its current form is superior to those airplanes as stopgap , we must invest in kowsar and use it instead of those circus airplanes and when the next generation kowsar become ready we must use the current generation kowsar as trainer and rebuild our airforce from ground withthat aircraft.
we must not waste 6 billion of our money on su-35 as its outdated right now and in 10 years just become another circus aircraft by the way are you aware the stated tracking range on Ibris-E is just less than 10km more than tracking range on the radar used in Kowsar that you call f-5 ?

as i said political reason otherwise what 24 su-35 will do for China while they only have around 600x J-10 150x j20 440x J11 170+x J-16 32x su27 and 73x su30 ?

also about turkey f-16 i guess you are wrong , they are F16c/d they come with AN/APG-68 that's an pulse Doppler radar it was in f16E/F or block 60 that they used AN/APG-80 so no turkey have noAESA radar and as far as i'm aware turkey wanted to upgrade its F-16 to block 72
they said if they can't get those they go buy Su-35 its what have happened

what USA use against Iran SAM are none of those it would be f-18 Growler and F-35 and no 2 or 3
squadron of su-35 wont change anything not on paper not in reality . the only think they bring is nail on the coffin of kowsar

after 10 years india could not get the damn radar from russia and russia only managed to build 6 for its su-57 .so i say don't waste money there spend it on kowsar project.

Iet not kid our self , what is the most important aspect of a fighter jet please tell me ?
for me its Radar and e-warfare systems. what criteria you consider the most important and the less rcs the better?
and about china and su-35 i already told it several time those 24 su-35 play no role in china airfoorce , they are just there for political reasons

your problem is consider f-5 as the same as kowsar , there are a lot difference in their capabilities

they can't do the interception as they get intercepted themselves just look at the video i posted and show at what range it get a lock on Ukrainian mig-29 with their meager e-warfare capabilities
for bombing the terrorist are you kidding me wasting 6-billion of our money to get 2-3 squadron of the aircraft from Russia without any TOT to bomb some terrorist , the kowsar is already more than capable enough to do that , you don't even need that , just use Kaman12 kaman-22, Mohajer-6, Shahed-129, Shahed-149, Ababil-5 do i need to tell more what must be used against terrorists

no our budget is limited , yearly amount reserved for increasing the capability of all branches of army and IRGC is only around 4.5billion Dollar

f-4 and f-5 zero . the current generation kowsar , depend on what country f-16 we are talking UAE or Turkey ?
UAE zero , turkey nearly even, because we still don't have a bvr missile for kowsar ready . photos are there that show some work on AIM-7 is being made but there is no announcement yet
The point wasn't to say that Saddam Iraq air force obliterated the US, but that their first usage of their brand new F-18 was first shot down in air-to-air combat, this is related to what i meant with overestimating western air forces capabilities

what USA use against Iran SAM are none of those it would be f-18 Growler
This was what i said, EAG-18, in 2019 after the drone shootdown they were preparing 100+ jets just for destroying a single SAM site, F-18s, F-15, EAG-18 and E-8
squadron of su-35 wont change anything not on paper not in reality
So just answer this, why Israelis as long with US were begging Russia to not sell any MiG-31 and Su-30 and begged China also to not sell J-10 to Iran if they could completely destroy Iran nuclear facilities easily with their F-35i and their whole fleet of F-15 and F-16?
Like i just said, beside the AESA, Iran can ask Russia to install everything Iran needs such as datalink with the rest of the fleet, and if really there is a ToT or licensed production, Iran could install their own electronics on it while having them operational, just like Iran is upgrading F-14, but there are no F-14 parts anymore and i'm sure Iran is paying a lot to maintain them flyable, i doubt the number of operational F-14s would be more than 20 at grand max
What i said is that you seem to operate like this for telling if a fighter is bad or not: "If it have PESA, it sucks, period.", the datalink, e-warfare suite can be negotiated with Russia, i was always against buying directly over the counter like you

we must not waste 6 billion of our money on su-35 as its outdated right now
6 billions for 24 Su-35? This number is the cost of 30 F-35s, you are taking F-35 prices for Su-35? 2 billions or less would be more realistic, also do not forget that Iran "gave" drones to Russia, Iran may benefit from ToT etc but no one knows yet

bomb some terrorist , the kowsar is already more than capable enough to do that , you don't even need that , just use Kaman12 kaman-22, Mohajer-6, Shahed-129, Shahed-149, Ababil-5 do i need to tell more what must be used against terrorists
If it was this simple to inflict severe damage to terrorists, every country would then use missile strikes and no sortie at all, Su-35 can achieve pinpoint strikes as well as having real time data on what is happening, Iran own cruise missiles such as Ya-Ali could have air-launched platform and Iran could even make their ballistic missiles air-launched, having a huge range so it doesn't need to approach too much of the target, surface to surface missiles and drones sorties sure inflicts damages, but also can miss its target did you saw when Iran striked Komala with missiles and drones, some of the missiles missed the kurd fortress, not because that the Fath is crap but because that's the risk when using only missiles, you can launch precision attacks with bigger payloads with fighters, such as 1ton bombs or earth penetrating bombs

Iran should have polyvalent options either against terrorists, pirates and ennemies

But the point of what i said is just that a few squadrons WILL help Iran undoubtedly and in bonus deter ennemies, SURELY Iran is going to finish Kowsar and its variants but it will surely take time, so Su-35 can benefit Iran by having right now something at least usable and better and more recent than F-5s and FT-7 and the Su-22s that crashed in mass, this can put insurance for Iran to focus on the Kowsar projects and Bavar upgrades while having serenity and having a more capable air-force that will also get used to Russian fighters, so if Kowsar would have Russian engines or whatever, they would have at least experience with Su-35, this would never cost 6 billions but more 1-2 billions for 2 squadrons of Su-35 (24 fighters), and do not forget that Iran is sending weapons to Russia, Iran, i hope at least, will receive more than just a ticket to buy Su-35 off the shelf, that's just my point if you disagree its alright i'm not saying at all everything you say is false and mine true but showing my point also

LOL did you just say an F-5 has equal chance with a Turkish F-16?! You dont know what you're talking about and Im glad youre so readily willing to make a fool of yourself. So Kowsar, F-4 and F-5 have zero chance i.e. lower chance than Su-35. Therefore Iran should buy Su-35 because that will be an improvement to what we have. The fact you dont agree makes you a shill! Because I dont think youre this dumb, you just want Iran to fail just like all your MKOI and Pahlavichi friends.

The delirium of hack-hook are dazzling on the S-35, on the Su-57 and more

Yes the kowsar that improves from day to day is a very good fighting plane at its level.For the F-4 greatly improve, it is good for at least 15 years and more.For conventional AWACS, Iran does not really need this except small Awacs and new drones that will play. Iran's doctrine is different and very well think.SU-35 is a high-tech plane, very powerful as a combat aircraft

Iran is already built have been heavy hunters since 2020 and the new engine is always tested with the F-4 SM. Iran reread other surprises with the Qaher 313 real version.

Iran's integrated air defense system is a colossal power, no doubt about it. The version of the S-300 PMU 2 Improving Iran is more powerful than the original. Soon Iran will officially present their own iron dome so we have already seen blurry image.

Iran does not need to spend money on S-400 and Iran is working on their own S-500

Since Kowsar is being mentioned, if they develop RD-33 equivalent turbofan jet engine then they could implement model without afterburner.
I suggest without one as if it had such then there would be less space for jet fuel thus savings in fuel consumption would have been negated.
Though perhaps then Iran could change up further their Kowsar by redesigning the wing and reducing fuel storage in main air frame body.
New wing could store some of the fuel and rear landing gear removed from wing, instead new one inside the main air frame body.
Thus wing would be structurally stronger and then Kowsar could carry Mk 84 bomb on each wing instead of 1 on just body.
As too long range cruise missile per wing or perhaps three AIM-54 Phoenix equivalent air to air missiles.

Yes the kowsar that improves from day to day is a very good fighting plane at its level.For the F-4 greatly improve, it is good for at least 15 years and more.For conventional AWACS, Iran does not really need this except small Awacs and new drones that will play. Iran's doctrine is different and very well think.SU-35 is a high-tech plane, very powerful as a combat aircraft

Iran is already built have been heavy hunters since 2020 and the new engine is always tested with the F-4 SM. Iran reread other surprises with the Qaher 313 real version.

Iran's integrated air defense system is a colossal power, no doubt about it. The version of the S-300 PMU 2 Improving Iran is more powerful than the original. Soon Iran will officially present their own iron dome so we have already seen blurry image.

Iran does not need to spend money on S-400 and Iran is working on their own S-500
how many Kowsars have been built? Did we got any specs of the upgraded ones? Just asking because i find nothing but articles from 2018

Is all the Kowsar thing just speculation? When was the last time that Iran made an update about its advancement?

I really don't know why such hate frim him on the Su-35, it is a decent fighter, not having AESA on a plane radar seems like it is crap no matter what from hack hook

And we will believe that an F-5 or an F-4 would easily shut down Su-35 just because Su isn't AESA and got a somewhat big radar signature?

Anyways still thinking that S-400 or S-500 would undoubtedly reinforce and make diversity on the long range layer, not using the same systems too much, i know the Sacred Defense has teach Iran to not rely on "bought" weapons and this is very right

And i still think from the POV of someone that isn't from Iran neither west asia that Iran would benefit and being relieved a lot with Su-35s, while keeping developing Bavar upgraded and Kowsar

LOL did you just say an F-5 has equal chance with a Turkish F-16?! You dont know what you're talking about and Im glad youre so readily willing to make a fool of yourself. So Kowsar, F-4 and F-5 have zero chance i.e. lower chance than Su-35. Therefore Iran should buy Su-35 because that will be an improvement to what we have. The fact you dont agree makes you a shill! Because I dont think youre this dumb, you just want Iran to fail just like all your MKOI and Pahlavichi friends.
lol , you just claimed kowsar is equal to f-5, You dont know what you're talking about and Im glad youre so readily willing to make a fool of yourself.
and no i sooner than it also stated su-35 also have no chance , i even posted a video that showed at what distance an su-35 can get a lock on an Ukrainian mig-29 with rudimentary e-warfare system . guess what the distance will be against rafale and F-16v .
nice try but failed and the fact that you suggest we buy an airplane that not only have no effect in battle field but also make our airforce problem more complex and effectively end our domestic aircraft production program show you are a tool and sale person for Rosoboronexport .

and yes kowsar only inferior in its engine to F16 block 52.

the fact that you don't knew bavar is better than s-300 and export version of s-400 dazzling me.
and go and look at the video that Russia itself post and show at what distant it get a lock on an Ukrainian mig-29 and then become dazzled more

And we will believe that an F-5 or an F-4 would easily shut down Su-35 just because Su isn't AESA and got a somewhat big radar signature?
I wonder from where you get that

Last edited:
And i still think from the POV of someone that isn't from Iran neither west asia that Iran would benefit and being relieved a lot with Su-35s, while keeping developing Bavar upgraded and Kowsar
and wonder how many time i must say it , the budget of Iran military to increase the fighting capacity of all Iran armed forces branch is less than 4.5billion $ .
the budget is for IRGC & Army , for ground and air force and navy and air defense .
how you want to go to that shopping spree and still develop internal platform is something I like to know

Yeah I've seen that quadcopter with 9 mortars, however the more mortars, the less range, so that's something to consider. Both sides are using these. The one thing about quadcopters is that they can easily be jammed with something like this.

It's only a matter of time before these become common place on the battlefield. I've also heard that Russia is deploying electronic warfare systems that cover a large area. Elon Musk mentioned that such platforms were jamming Starlink.
Even short range it has its use, and releasing the grenades or mortars help improve its range back to its owner. I very much doubt they can jam Starlink even with whats going on since Starlink is still being used in Ukraine.

Even short range it has its use, and releasing the grenades or mortars help improve its range back to its owner. I very much doubt they can jam Starlink even with whats going on since Starlink is still being used in Ukraine.

Don't bother, he's convinced that a knockoff F-5 with some modern components is better than SU-30 or SU-35. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for me it's not even about that.

The way I look at it, what's better ? old F-4s, J-7s, F-1s OR brand new SU-30s / SU-35s ? Even between brand new F-5s or brand new SU-30/SU-35, there's no competition.

The F-5's design is outdated and the best jet engine Iran can currently produce simply doesn't cut it. Iran also needs AWACS planes and lots of other weapons and technology that Russia can provide.

In this day and age, no nation produces everything on its own, not even the US or China. To think that Iran can build a fighter jet that is on par with the best platforms currently on the market is honestly wishful thinking.

I mean look at South Korea and Japan. They're currently working on their own platforms but much of the vital components for those projects are going to originate from the USA and other allies.

LOL Kowsar 7 wont be able to defeat F-16 if it continues to be an F-5 airframe and use untested indegenous systems. Yeah thats it, everyone on this forum is wrong and you, the village idiot, is right. Lying to yourself wont make you significant in any way.

You think a Kowsar, with shit engine and shit airframe, will fare better against US jets than an Su-35! Let that retardation sink in for everyone reading this 🤡 I want whats best for Iran and open to trading with likeminded nations, you on the other hand are a western ziopig shill and an anti-Iranian troll!

There is no verifiable proof that bavar even exists let alone is better than S400/500 (which are two different systems btw, you complete amateur!).

Don't bother, he's convinced that a knockoff F-5 with some modern components is better than SU-30 or SU-35. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for me it's not even about that.

The way I look at it, what's better ? old F-4s, J-7s, F-1s OR brand new SU-30s / SU-35s ? Even between brand new F-5s or brand new SU-30/SU-35, there's no competition.

The F-5's design is outdated and the best jet engine Iran can currently produce simply doesn't cut it. Iran also needs AWACS planes and lots of other weapons and technology that Russia can provide.

In this day and age, no nation produces everything on its own, not even the US or China. To think that Iran can build a fighter jet that is on par with the best platforms currently on the market is honestly wishful thinking.

I mean look at South Korea and Japan. They're currently working on their own platforms but much of the vital components for those projects are going to originate from the USA and other allies.
watch the video i post and say at what distance that su-35 get a lock on Mig-29

Last edited:
There's the maximum range of an air to air missile and then there's the NEZ (No escape zone). We don't know the context of that specific engagement so it doesn't even matter. All that matters is the end result.

show the video i post and say at what distance that su-35 get a lock on Mig-29

Back
Top Bottom