What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

At some point i thought he was an HESA shareholder

Can someone answer my question: how many Kowsars/Kowsar II have been built? Did Iran communicate about upcoming upgrades? Is all of that just speculation and nothing else? I'm asking because i see nothing else when searching beside 2018 dating articles from western medias saying its a redesigned F-5

Also @Hack-Hook 24 Su-35 would never cost 6 billions, i don't know where you got that number, 6 billion is the price for 30 F-35 directly from the US factory, i maintain that it will not cost more than 2 billion for two squadrons (24)

Do we have OSINT showing where are the Bavar sites on satellites? Did Iran communicate about its advancement?

All of this, if its just speculation, S-400, S-500 and Su-35 would definitely benefit Iran on the short term

I wonder from where you get that
Listen i don't know, but you clearly said that "even kowsar has better electronics than Su-35" you tell us that JF-17 would destroy easily a Su-35, why China don't buy a single JF-17 when they are the creator of it with Pakistan and instead copy Flankers?

You said the the current generation of Kowsar would have a chance against F-16 (UAE or Turkey i don't know), so, if F-16 is better than Su-35, that current Kowsar can match an F-16 without AESA, then the logic would tell me that a Kowsar would also match against a Su-35 even more easily?

Again my question: How many Kowsars have been built, is there any official information on the upcoming upgrades or production? If not and this is all just speculation, like i said, Iran should think present instead of speculating like "We will have a fleet of Kowsar-6MK3 in 2040 so better not waste on Su-35 with its crap PESA radar that gets outmatched by our current Kowsar and western alien technology jets", really just think realistic, Iran needs to defend itself while indigenous programs are advancing, not waiting while being naked in front of ennemies, also don't tell me it costs 6 billions, 2 squadrons of Su-35 would never cost 6 billions, 6 billions is the price of 30 F-35 from U.S factories

There's the maximum range of an air to air missile and then there's the NEZ (No escape zone). We don't know the context of that specific engagement so it doesn't even matter. All that matters is the end result.
the context of conflict is the two aircraft were flying toward each other form front and su-35 fired R-77 as soon as it get a lock on mig-29 and even if we say the missile was r77-1 it had 110km of range. but that is not important , if you look at video as soon as they get a lock at 42km they fired the missile .

and it matter it was against an old mig-29 . if it was f-16v or rafale or F15-E , you think when they would have released their missile ? did they have allowed su-35 come as near as 40km to them

Also @Hack-Hook 24 Su-35 would never cost 6 billions, i don't know where you got that number, 6 billion is the price for 30 F-35 directly from the US factory, i maintain that it will not cost more than 2 billion for two squadrons (24)
what here was talked previously was about 36-48 su-35 and they would be more than that if you consider the spare weaponry , and.... also if you want TOT it certainly will be more .
about the number of Kowsar if I'm not wrong 2 squadron ordered and how many were delivered i don't know , in the last wargame we saw two of them .
Do we have OSINT showing where are the Bavar sites on satellites? Did Iran communicate about its advancement?
Iran never show that info
even kowsar has better electronics than Su-35" you tell us that JF-17 would destroy easily a Su-35, why China don't buy a single JF-17 when they are the creator of it with Pakistan and instead copy Flankers?
why china buy it when they made the backbone of their light fleet on J-10 why they bout it while they are busy building a fleet of 5th gen aircrafts, why they made logistic more complex ?
in one regard it has better electronic , Kowsar can stablish a datalink with all other all equipment that are capable of datalink , su-35 use a propriatory datalink that if we buy it can only stablish link with other su-35s
You said the the current generation of Kowsar would have a chance against F-16 (UAE or Turkey i don't know)
turkey , they had zero chance against uae F-16s
so, if F-16 is better than Su-35, that current Kowsar can match an F-16 without AESA, then the logic would tell me that a Kowsar would also match against a Su-35 even more easily?
the f-16 block 60 and block 72 is better than su-35 .
I never made such claims about Block 52+
Again my question: How many Kowsars have been built, is there any official information on the upcoming upgrades or production? If not and this is all just speculation, like i said, Iran should think present instead of speculating like "We will have a fleet of Kowsar-6MK3 in 2040 so better not waste on Su-35 with its crap PESA radar that gets outmatched by our current Kowsar and western alien technology jets", really just think realistic, Iran needs to defend itself while indigenous programs are advancing, not waiting while being naked in front of ennemies, also don't tell me it costs 6 billions, 2 squadrons of Su-35 would never cost 6 billions, 6 billions is the price of 30 F-35 from U.S factories
those thing are good when there is extra money when there is no such thing , that logic won't apply here . we are not in threat of immediate war .and as our budget is limited we must look at airforce and aircrafts as investment . what su-35 give us in the next 5-10 years against people around us? the aircraft already can't do anything meaningful against our neighbours , the platform only will be useful , if russia replace ibris-e with something like N036 Byelka and right now russia only managed to produce 6 of those radars for its Su-57s

Don't bother, he's convinced that a knockoff F-5 with some modern components is better than SU-30 or SU-35. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for me it's not even about that.

The way I look at it, what's better ? old F-4s, J-7s, F-1s OR brand new SU-30s / SU-35s ? Even between brand new F-5s or brand new SU-30/SU-35, there's no competition.

The F-5's design is outdated and the best jet engine Iran can currently produce simply doesn't cut it. Iran also needs AWACS planes and lots of other weapons and technology that Russia can provide.

In this day and age, no nation produces everything on its own, not even the US or China. To think that Iran can build a fighter jet that is on par with the best platforms currently on the market is honestly wishful thinking.

I mean look at South Korea and Japan. They're currently working on their own platforms but much of the vital components for those projects are going to originate from the USA and other allies.

Yes but Hack Hook knows all this, because it's so bloody obvious, but he still insists on Iran going fully indegenous. If this isnt setting Iran up for failure, I dont know what is, hence why I think he's a shill.

Yes but Hack Hook knows all this, because it's so bloody obvious, but he still insists on Iran going fully indegenous. If this isnt setting Iran up for failure, I dont know what is, hence why I think he's a shill.
a shills logic , if people like you wanted to run our country we still used Buk-M1 and Hawk and Russia would have not delivered those s-300
our missile would have been some scuds.
our drones Mohajer-1 and Mohajer-2

your problem is you were raised in her majesty the queen educational system and from kindergarten they hammered it in your brain that western Europeans people are superior , you little puny Asian are inferior race that must be rulled and exploited by us
this post exaactly show that
LOL Kowsar 7 wont be able to defeat F-16 if it continues to be an F-5 airframe and use untested indegenous systems. Yeah thats it, everyone on this forum is wrong and you, the village idiot, is right. Lying to yourself wont make you significant in any way.

You think a Kowsar, with shit engine and shit airframe, will fare better against US jets than an Su-35! Let that retardation sink in for everyone reading this 🤡 I want whats best for Iran and open to trading with likeminded nations, you on the other hand are a western ziopig shill and an anti-Iranian troll!

There is no verifiable proof that bavar even exists let alone is better than S400/500 (which are two different systems btw, you complete amateur!).
you proved what a shill and Russia sell out you are .
you even failed go and watch the video that show how wonderful Su-35 is because it anger master Russia .
by the way are you aware that what you call shitty f-5 is the only aircraft that managed to sneak on Mig-25 and shot it down with gun and none of f-18 and f15 and f-16 of NATO managed to do that

we are not in threat of immediate war
Are you serious? Do you see how congress in the US, Israel, and Ukraine incite US and NATO to launch strikes on Iran nuclear facilities and military infrastructure?

I know this is not probable but still, Iran is not in a full peace time where nothing can happen

No one told Iran that they should buy mass backdoored Pantsir, S-400s, Su-30, Su-34 and have full Russian weaponry like Algeria for example, this is the best way to get f*cked if there is a western intervention, Iran already have nearly all indigenous missiles and drones and good performing indigenous air defense, but getting a squadron of Su-35 and S-400 for diversifying the AD layer and have just recent fighters for the time of developing indigenous systems is a sin for you? Think present in your answers please, not future or 30 years later

Since you don't want or forget every time to answer my question, does anyone here knows
-How many Kowsars have been built?
-Are there official announcements of upgrades and production or
-Is all is just speculation without officials speeches?
-Are there OSINTs that shown satellite images of Bavar sites? Just something to know if some are deployed

I know that bavar hasn't been produced in mass and is awaiting upgrade to have better performance or like S-400 and S-500, ABM, ASAT, but are there current version Bavar deployed in Iran? (the version with 200km range Sayyad 3)

I know 3rd Khordad have been produced like cookies and 15th Khordad are deployed, but what about Bavar? Did they deployed some of the current version or are awaiting upgrades to finally produce them in mass so it doesn't get outdated quickly and make variants of it, just like the HQ-9 and its variants

and wonder how many time i must say it , the budget of Iran military to increase the fighting capacity of all Iran armed forces branch is less than 4.5billion $ .
the budget is for IRGC & Army , for ground and air force and navy and air defense .
how you want to go to that shopping spree and still develop internal platform is something I like to know
You do not know what you're talking about ! I never said that the S-300 IR or the S-400 was better than the Bavar 373. Demagogy here

And for the others who say that the kowsar is overwhelmed, these are people who know and absolutely nothing. It is a very effective support fighter with advanced technology. Kowsar is a universal platform that still has the future for decades

Each year KOWSAR is improved and it can now be related to drones in full sky to help artificial intelligence. Iran is working on several weapons to put on the Kowsar.

For the built number of kowsar:

It is 24 of almost finished built and 12 others under construction then the number is 36. The other 12 under construction will be even better and it is very easy to understand.But should know that the Saeghe and other F-5 are put to Kowsar standard, never forget that

Regardless the F-5's design is outdated and it has very limited capabilities, which is why the US only purchased it for training purposes and it was only sold to developing countries. The aviation industry has progressed significantly since the time when the F-5 was first produced. Look a newly built F-5 with modern components is still good as a secondary platform, for training, but not as a frontline fighter and not as an air superiority platform.

You do not know what you're talking about ! I never said that the S-300 IR or the S-400 was better than the Bavar 373. Demagogy here

And for the others who say that the kowsar is overwhelmed, these are people who know and absolutely nothing. It is a very effective support fighter with advanced technology. Kowsar is a universal platform that still has the future for decades

Each year KOWSAR is improved and it can now be related to drones in full sky to help artificial intelligence. Iran is working on several weapons to put on the Kowsar.

Last edited:
But it wasn't up against a Rafale or F-15, it was up against a Soviet era MIG-29. So you're saying that the maximum engagement range of a SU-35 is 42 KM ? LOL 42 KM is well within the NEZ, which is why the pilot chose to engage the MIG-29 from such a short distance, because at that point the MIG-29 would have zero chance of escaping.

the context of conflict is the two aircraft were flying toward each other form front and su-35 fired R-77 as soon as it get a lock on mig-29 and even if we say the missile was r77-1 it had 110km of range. but that is not important , if you look at video as soon as they get a lock at 42km they fired the missile .

and it matter it was against an old mig-29 . if it was f-16v or rafale or F15-E , you think when they would have released their missile ? did they have allowed su-35 come as near as 40km to them

They sent the MIG-21 because of time constraints. Nobody can blame Russia for the fact that the Indians chose to keep the MIG-21 in service after 50 years and then deploy it close to the frontlines.

Dude do your research India had SU-30 in close proximity.

He says Iran only gave Russia 100 Shahed-136 drones, even though the US has claimed that Iran has sold Russia 2400 drones. Just from all the footage we've seen, there's no way Iran only gave Russia 100 drones.

So if we do the math, the Zaporizhia nuclear power plant used to provide Ukraine with 20% of their energy needs. It has now been disconnected from the Ukrainian power grid. That leaves 80%. Zelensky admitted today that Russia has destroyed 40% of Ukraine's power capacity. That would leave Ukraine with 48% of their capacity from before the war started.

That's if Zelensky is telling the truth. At this rate. by winter, Ukraine will be down to 30-40% if they're lucky. It's no coincidence that Russia is now asking citizens to donate blood. Many analysts assume that Russia is planning as large scale offensive on multiple fronts. One historian/analyst I watched today says that Russia could have really mobilized anywhere from 500,000 = 1,000,000 troops.

BT is such a clown, loser who pretends he has inside knowledge.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom