What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

It's a copy lol Making it bigger doesn't change shit.

If system A and system B are different, then they cannot by definition be consider 'copies'.
Moreover, Shahed 136 is more capable than your harpy in almost every way imaginable. Your harpy is frankly a little toy in comparison. It's not just about the size, but capacility. One example, Harpy has a range of about 200km whereas the Shahed 136 has a range of around 2500km. Like I told you earlier, it's satirical to even try to compare these UAVs.

Same concept.

That's not really saying anything. It's like saying F-22 and SU-57 have the same concept.

China copied our Harpy and created the ASN301, and you copied theirs.

See my first comment.

You're nothing, no innovation, just bastardization of existing designs.

Given that Shahed-136 is more capable than your harpy in every important parameter, this comment makes zero sense. Moreover, Iranians essentially created the concept of attack UAVs as far back as the early 80's.

Your drones even use western parts lmao.

I would explain to you the economics behind using off the shelf hardware but I hardly doubt you have the capacity to understand.

Harpy/Harop are battle tested,

Proof?

they blew up a warehouse with a bunch of Shaheds inside Iran lmao,

Some terrorists based in Iran used quadcopter to damage the roof of a facility and you've translated this into Israel using its harpy UAV to destroy a shahed facility?

I think it's best you go take your pills bro.

Last edited:
It's a copy lol. Making it bigger doesn't change shit. Same concept. China copied our Harpy and created the ASN301, and you copied theirs. You're nothing, no innovation, just bastardization of existing designs. Your drones even use western parts lmao.

Harpy/Harop are battle tested, they blew up a warehouse with a bunch of Shaheds inside Iran lmao, evaded all of your crappy air defenses and blew up your inferior drones, they caused a nice chain reaction as well.

FL5290nXwAQrnZY
Do your hasbara somewhere else

He is right there pulling Israeli hasbara with the Israeli phantom drone strikes when this got blown up from the inside country witth explosive, next time he is going to bring out the F-35 that stood 2 hours above Tehran, now telling us that Shahed is a' Israeli copy when literaly no source even talked of any copy.

He brought up multiple times fakes such as a Bavar-373 in Syria and the F-35 for the sole purpose of trolling Now he is bringing that hasbara with the depot "blown up by Israeli drone", when the reality is that there are so much remnants of Israeli drones shit down from Azerbaijan and Syria that Iran cannot store them and needs to trash them. Meanwhile Ukraine seems to have big trouble to intercept these drones and resort to proofless propaganda just like the Israeli primitive hasbara with anonymous sources.

Israel is a technical and proven puppet of the US and needed France to have a single clue on how to make a nuclear device and have materials since the country was and is so small exporting nothing at the time and needed massive foreign assistance to settle up and get the right amount of foreign materials to be fueled from wars and export weapons at a stable rate.

From nuclear weapons to drones, fighters and missiles made with western assistance, there isn't something at all coming from themselves. A technical country of assisted engineers.

Get rid of him on the whole Iranian section, he also post on the chill thread and IRIAF and changed his username from "Beny Karachun" to "Neby Rakachun" and posted several blatant hasbara in the air defense thread

His posts are nothing but trolling mixing with fakes and hadbara, what do you expect from an Israeli in an Iranian section? Ban him of the entire section

Do your hasbara somewhere else

He is right there pulling Israeli hasbara with the Israeli phantom drone strikes when this got blown up from the inside country witth explosive, next time he is going to bring out the F-35 that stood 2 hours above Tehran, now telling us that Shahed is a' Israeli copy when literaly no source even talked of any copy.

He brought up multiple times fakes such as a Bavar-373 in Syria and the F-35 for the sole purpose of trolling Now he is bringing that hasbara with the depot "blown up by Israeli drone", when the reality is that there are so much remnants of Israeli drones shit down from Azerbaijan and Syria that Iran cannot store them and needs to trash them. Meanwhile Ukraine seems to have big trouble to intercept these drones and resort to proofless propaganda just like the Israeli primitive hasbara with anonymous sources.

Israel is a technical and proven puppet of the US and needed France to have a single clue on how to make a nuclear device and have materials since the country was and is so small exporting nothing at the time and needed massive foreign assistance to settle up and get the right amount of foreign materials to be fueled from wars and export weapons at a stable rate.

From nuclear weapons to drones, fighters and missiles made with western assistance, there isn't something at all coming from themselves. A technical country of assisted engineers.

Get rid of him on the whole Iranian section, he also post on the chill thread and IRIAF and changed his username from "Beny Karachun" to "Neby Rakachun" and posted several blatant hasbara in the air defense thread

His posts are nothing but trolling mixing with fakes and hadbara, what do you expect from an Israeli in an Iranian section? Ban him of the entire section

I was new in this forum, i didn t wanted to say about the activity this troll Neby. He sounds very very desperate with Iran, and obsessionate with the "invicible Israeli army". We have done our efforts to keep him on track and be at least civilized, but he cannot be fixed and the best is kept him aside of this threads for mature people.

To know what a people really thinks of another, listen to their main officials. The Israelis and the Americans always speak of Iranian capability and even show admiration. Just Listen to the Israeli general here:

Israel is in reality a weak and vulnerable entity, always in survival mode. They have to resort to any tools at their disposal just to exist. From their perspective, everything they do is a matter of them trying to just stay alive. The desperation displayed by the hasbara trolls should not come at a surprise to anyone. Behind their ramblings is obvious fear. It's nothing but a coping mechanism.

Going back to the UAVs, an IRGC official said in response to being questioned on Iran giving Russia these Shahed 136 and exposing their technology that Iran is at least 4 generation ahead compared with shahed 136.

I'm skeptical about China buying Iranian drones. I've read that China has already produced a Shahed-136 drone. Chinese are the masters of copying products& it's currently the most industrialized nation in the world, with the US being number 2.

List of top 10 most industrialized nations in the world
  1. China – 28.7% Global Manufacturing Output
  2. United States – 16.8% Global Manufacturing Output
  3. Japan – 7.5% Global Manufacturing Output
  4. Germany – 5.3% Global Manufacturing Output
  5. India – 3.1% Global Manufacturing Output
  6. South Korea – 3% Global Manufacturing Output
  7. Italy – 2.1% Global Manufacturing Output
  8. France – 1.9% Global Manufacturing Output
  9. United Kingdom – 1.8% Global Manufacturing Output
  10. Indonesia – 1.6% Global Manufacturing Output

China to buy 15 k drones from Iran:

I'm skeptical about China buying Iranian drones. I've read that China has already produced a Shahed-136 drone. Chinese are the masters of copying products& it's currently the most industrialized nation in the world, with the US being number 2.

List of top 10 most industrialized nations in the world
  1. China – 28.7% Global Manufacturing Output
  2. United States – 16.8% Global Manufacturing Output
  3. Japan – 7.5% Global Manufacturing Output
  4. Germany – 5.3% Global Manufacturing Output
  5. India – 3.1% Global Manufacturing Output
  6. South Korea – 3% Global Manufacturing Output
  7. Italy – 2.1% Global Manufacturing Output
  8. France – 1.9% Global Manufacturing Output
  9. United Kingdom – 1.8% Global Manufacturing Output
  10. Indonesia – 1.6% Global Manufacturing Output
Why do you love foreigners and hate Iranians so much? Just trying to be friend. :yahoo:

Why do you love foreigners and hate Iranians so much? Just trying to be friend. :yahoo:
What does his comment have to do with hating Iran?

It just doesn't make sense for China to buy Iranian drones when China makes better drones for a similar price point.

It doesn't make sense for China to buy the Shahed-136 when China literally has similar drones in service.

China to buy 15 k drones from Iran:

This is not true, no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

You can laugh all you want, but you're the one desperately wanting a massive sale that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
It just doesn't make sense for China to buy Iranian drones when China makes better drones for a similar price point.

Which UAV does China make which is a better drone for similar price? The UAV in question from the Iranian side is of course the Shahed-136.

Which UAV does China make which is a better drone for similar price? The UAV in question from the Iranian side is of course the Shahed-136.
China has a number of loitering munitions, including the CASC CH-901.

You can Google this and get results within minutes.

@Deino and @beijingwalker would be able to give you a more thorough response.

China has a number of loitering munitions, including the CASC CH-901.

You can Google this and get results within minutes.

@Deino and @beijingwalker would be able to give you a more thorough response.

You made a claim and I asked you to substantiate it. You're asking me to go google instead of backing up your own claims? You claimed China makes better drones for a similar price range, I asked you for one such evidence and you post C-901:

2560px-FH-901_Loitering_UAV_Army-2022_2022-08-20_2254.jpg

Specification:
Length: 1.2 m (3 ft 11 in)
Gross weight: 9 kg (19.8 lb)
Performance
Maximum speed: 288 km/h (179 mph, 156 kn) when diving
Cruise speed: 180 km/h (110 mph, 97 kn) cruising to target
Range: 15 km (9.3 mi, 8.1 nmi)

So let me get this straight, you're claiming the C-901 is a better UAV than the Shahed-136 which has the following specs:

Specifications:

Length 3.5 m
Wing span 2.5 m
Weight 200 kg
Warhead weight 36 ~ 50 kg
Range 2500 km
Service ceiling 4 km

Do you seriously not realise how ludicrous this is?

You made a claim and I asked you to substantiate it. You're asking me to go google instead of backing up your own claims? You claimed China makes better drones for a similar price range, I asked you for one such evidence and you post C-901:

2560px-FH-901_Loitering_UAV_Army-2022_2022-08-20_2254.jpg

Specification:
Length: 1.2 m (3 ft 11 in)
Gross weight: 9 kg (19.8 lb)
Performance
Maximum speed: 288 km/h (179 mph, 156 kn) when diving
Cruise speed: 180 km/h (110 mph, 97 kn) cruising to target
Range: 15 km (9.3 mi, 8.1 nmi)

So let me get this straight, you're claiming the C-901 is a better UAV than the Shahed-136 which has the following specs:

Specifications:

Length 3.5 m
Wing span 2.5 m
Weight 200 kg
Warhead weight 36 ~ 50 kg
Range 2500 km
Service ceiling 4 km

Do you seriously not realise how ludicrous this is?
Never said that, I said this particular drone is similar in its role.

If you think range is the only factor in making better drones, then you're a fool.

This isn't a debate club, you can easily look for it yourself.

Iran didn't invent loitering munitions, despite what some members here claim. They've been around for a long time.

They were very famously used during the Azerbaijan-Armenia war when Azeri troops used them to hunt down Armenian systems and even fox-holes.

Last edited:
Never said that, I said this particular drone is similar in its role.

If you think range is the only factor in making better drones, then you're a fool.

This isn't a debate club, you can easily look for it yourself.

Iran didn't invent loitering munitions, despite what some members here claim. They've been around for a long time.

They were very famously used during the Azerbaijan-Armenia war when Azeri troops used them to hunt down Armenian systems and even fox-holes.

Shahed-136 really shouldn’t be classified as a “loitering” munition though. It’s really just a super low-cost, slow moving, low-flying, small RCS, cruise missile for all intents and purposes.

Next generation S-136 variants will sport better capabilities as implied by various IRGC officials. It’s an evolving platform.

Also, i myself am quite skeptical about the rumors that China (of all countries) wants to buy Iranian drones. Makes no sense practically speaking. They have a much larger domestic industrial base that can easily churn out ‘similar’ drones without needing the Iranian designed one.

As with the “Su35 is coming soon” news: this China buying Shahed-136 nonsense will most likely turn out to be hogwash.

Last edited:
I would like to remind about this 15000 drones and China thing, this was never said by any government officials, but based on "anonyous sources in Iran government" from some anti-IR outlets, as well as well as claims that Iran wants to "help China in its upcoming invasion of Taiwan" with the Shahed narrative that it is only meant to "kill civilians" or a "terror drone"

They played the Shahed card and mainstream propaganda on Russia into China with no credible proofs or statement by any side

Also comparing Shahed-126 with drones such as Harop, Harpy or other world variants is nonsense, these are three times smaller and holds a strategic payload and better optics compared to Shahed-126 which have a massive size and a 80kg payload, not meant at all to target small AA systems and others that are always moving, but static targets such as ammunition depots, barracks, static objects, and is effective and cheap because of the massive payload, this is not even a "loitering munition" at this point but much more like a mini-cruise missile, cheap to launch, hardly detectable and cause massive damage when it hits.

The C-902 is just a whole other usage.

Back
Top Bottom