What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Agreed, Ukrainian reports on their interception rates for everything especially S136 drones is just not believable at all.

They claim near 100% interception like it’s nothing.

They are lying, propaganda of war, we can count with a hand the number of real interceptions done. Of course, they are intercepting them with its targets.

Iran shahed-136 is a real and unique game changer, "Iran" is winning this war because Iran, if not were cause Iran, Russia will be asking for a deal, and withdrawing troops. Russia must thanks Iran all its life, Iran has done and give them all the S-35 Iran wishes.

Last edited:
some iranians are utter idiots, wake up ! UK is still the second more powerfull country(politically) in the world. it is the biggest supporter of your chitty regime in west. they still hold whole middle east, including turkey, iran , ksa , jordan, iraq etc.
it is the biggest supporter of your chitty regime in west. they still hold whole middle east, including turkey, iran , ksa , jordan, iraq etc.
Are you smoking weed?

some iranians are utter idiots, wake up ! UK is still the second more powerfull country(politically) in the world. it is the biggest supporter of your chitty regime in west. they still hold whole middle east, including turkey, iran , ksa , jordan, iraq etc.

The last time you tried to capture one inch from Iranian empire we made kebab from head of your soldiers

It still hurts you baboons and donkeys

RecaptureOfTabrizByShahAbbas1.jpg

The last time you tried to capture one inch from Iranian empire we made kebab from head of your soldiers

It still hurts you baboons and donkeys

View attachment 932958
believe me noone knows-remembers about it only you guys.

some turkish idots think just like you iranian idiots, superpower Turkey! but reality turkey loose ground

It'll be very interesting if this materialises. This would mean two great military powers utilise this ingenius Iranian hardware. Chinese have their own robust UAV industry, however, Shahed 136 is one beast of a UAV. Despite the Ukrainian propaganda machine and their hilariously outlandish claims, this UAV has caused more shift in the dynamic of the conflict than probably any other single hardware. It has caused havoc on them, which is why their president keep going on camera almost begging Iran to stop giving these UAVs to the Russians. When you have such a battle tested system, it's no surprise our Chinese friends are eyeing it given a potential Taiwan conflict.

By the way, just wait until Paveh cruise missile start entering the battlefields. I doubt that missile is much more expensive than Shahed 136 but is much more capable in certain aspect. Years ago on this forum, I predicted that these swarm Iranian UAVs and cruise missiles would become one of Iran's key assets make the enemies tremble. Good to see that in effect today! Iran is teaching these so called 'world powers' that potent warfare does not have to come at an extreme cost. You just have to marvel at Iran's ability to create such fear inducing hardware at such low prices!

Dorood bar in shirmardan va shirzanhaye azize Iran.

Last edited:
By the way, just wait until Paveh cruise missile start entering the battlefields. I doubt that missile is much more expensive than Shahed 136 but is much more capable in certain aspect. Years ago on this forum, I predicted that these swarm Iranian UAVs and cruise missiles would become one of Iran's key assets make the enemies tremble. Good to see that in effect today! Iran is teaching these so called 'world powers' that potent warfare does not have to come at an extreme cost. You just have to marvel at Iran's ability to create such fear inducing hardware at such low prices!

What input we have about paveh capabilities??? Iran says it s a cruisse missile, but i want to know why subsonic cruisse missiles are today relevant with adavanced air defence systems, i remeber when US attacked Syria, Russia deviated and destroyed a large part of the attack, US used almost 100 tomahawk, are these days cruisse missiles usefull???

Has paveh some kind of surprises?

Ukraine’s interception rates are obscene… Routinely claiming 100% destruction of incoming munitions, of all types, is ridiculous.

The Khinzal interceptions are the funniest.
They make perfect sense, it's just that your simple sand minds cannot comprehend this.

You think your shitty simple drones are stealthy and hard to destroy for some reason. They aren't.

It'll be very interesting if this materialises. This would mean two great military powers utilise this ingenius Iranian hardware. Chinese have their own robust UAV industry, however, Shahed 136 is one beast of a UAV. Despite the Ukrainian propaganda machine and their hilariously outlandish claims, this UAV has caused more shift in the dynamic of the conflict than probably any other single hardware. It has caused havoc on them, which is why their president keep going on camera almost begging Iran to stop giving these UAVs to the Russians. When you have such a battle tested system, it's no surprise our Chinese friends are eyeing it given a potential Taiwan conflict.

Fake news lol, first of all, the Shahed 136 is a copy of the Chinese ASN301 which is a copy of the Israeli Harpy
ASN 301:

Analysis_China_exhibits_advanced_drones_in_military_parade_-_complete_list_-_05.jpg

Shahed 136:
1666004372_bpla-geran-2-shahed.jpg

Harpy:

D
UAV-Harpy.jpg

China doesn't need shitty Iranian drones it can simply produce. Especially since it got such drones before Iran ever did.

What input we have about paveh capabilities??? Iran says it s a cruisse missile, but i want to know why subsonic cruisse missiles are today relevant with adavanced air defence systems, i remeber when US attacked Syria, Russia deviated and destroyed a large part of the attack, US used almost 100 tomahawk, are these days cruisse missiles usefull???

Russia couldn't intercept even one American missile lol

Last edited:

Cruise missile are very deadly systems when used properly. Generally speaking, they're described as hard to detect (because they fly quite low) but easier to shoot down than a missile (due to their lower speed). Shahed-136 is much slower than a cruise missile but has a similar flight pattern to cruise missiles (think of it as a cruise missile with a piston engine) but as you've seen from the Ukrainian conflict it has caused havoc there. So when used correctly, these systems are extremely potent. There are two main ways to make up for the short comings of cruise missiles: 1) increase their speeds. This is very hard because the lower you fly, the more atmospheric density i.e air resistance and thus it becomes very hard to increase speed. You'll either have to compensated by flying higher (more likely o be detected by radar) or fly low but with much reduce ranges. The second way to make up for it is 2) make them cheaper, much cheaper. The American tomahawk cruise missile costs around 2 million dollars per unit, whereas I would be shocked if the Paveh cost anything more than 40-50k per unit. It uses a very simple engine, which even the Houthis can get their hands on, allowing them to have their own Paveh like systems such as 'Quds-1'. This is what makes Paveh missile so potent. It is to cruise missiles what the shahed-136 was to other strike UAVs. Cheap price= swarm capability= nightmare for enemies. In terms of capability, Paveh is much faster than shahed-136 (greatly reducing enemy reaction time) and still has an extremely good range of 1650km.

Now imagine a combined swarm of Paveh cruise missiles with swarm of Shahed 136. As I said before, nightmare scenario for the enemies.

Cruise missile are very deadly systems when used properly. Generally speaking, they're described as hard to detect (because they fly quite low) but easier to shoot down than a missile (due to their lower speed). Shahed-136 is much slower than a cruise missile but has a similar flight pattern to cruise missiles (think of it as a cruise missile with a piston engine) but as you've seen from the Ukrainian conflict it has caused havoc there. So when used correctly, these systems are extremely potent. There are two main ways to make up for the short comings of cruise missiles: 1) increase their speeds. This is very hard because the lower you fly, the more atmospheric density i.e air resistance and thus it becomes very hard to increase speed. You'll either have to compensated by flying higher (more likely o be detected by radar) or fly low but with much reduce ranges. The second way to make up for it is 2) make them cheaper, much cheaper. The American tomahawk cruise missile costs around 2 million dollars per unit, whereas I would be shocked if the Paveh cost anything more than 40-50k per unit. It uses a very simple engine, which even the Houthis can get their hands on, allowing them to have their own Paveh like systems such as 'Quds-1'. This is what makes Paveh missile so potent. It is to cruise missiles what the shahed-136 was to other strike UAVs. Cheap price= swarm capability= nightmare for enemies. In terms of capability, Paveh is much faster than shahed-136 (greatly reducing enemy reaction time) and still has an extremely good range of 1650km.

Now imagine a combined swarm of Paveh cruise missiles with swarm of Shahed 136. As I said before, nightmare scenario for the enemies.

Yes, it s a questions of numbers, Iran missiles are sustainable. Big numbers will favor Iran without doubts. It will be a useless ruin to stop any Iranian wave attack. Smart.

Fake news lol, first of all, the Shahed 136 is a copy of the Chinese ASN301 which is a copy of the Israeli Harpy
ASN 301:

But of course you're hallucinating and don't realise the shahed-136 is a considerably larger UAV.

Harpy
General characteristics
Length: 2.7 m (8 ft 10 in)
Wingspan: 2.1 m (6 ft 11 in)
Gross weight: 135 kg (298 lb)

Shahed 136

Mass 200 kg (440 lb)
Length 3.5 m (11 ft)
Wingspan 2.5 m (8.2 ft)

This is not even considering they have completely different wing tip, engine and nose structure:

Harpy:

2880px-Paris_Air_Show_2007-06-24_n25.jpg

Shahed 136:

c5159bf86ec846d8a8dad27444dc00f9.jpeg

It's like claiming the F-22 is a copy of the F-16.

Moreover, comparing the Israeli Harpy to Shahed-136 is a satirical. Comparing a battle tested system like shahed to some subpar UAV like harpy is better off left for the comic section of the forum.

@waz

This multi ID suicide troll is polluting this thread with his drivel. Can we keep this thread clean please.

Yes, it s a questions of numbers, Iran missiles are sustainable. Big numbers will favor Iran without doubts. It will be a useless ruin to stop any Iranian wave attack. Smart.

Iran's enemies do not have the numbers (in terms of air defence) to actually stop all of these systems. Even if they did, it would be economically suicidal. For years Iran's enemies focused on complex and expensive systems to counter other complex and expensive systems. With the arrival of these systems like Shahed, Paveh, the old ways are no longer enough. I am dubious if these systems can even be countered in a way that is both economical and consistent and reliable.

Even these AA systems are not as cheap/reliable as people think they are. Check this out:

Iran's enemies do not have the numbers (in terms of air defence) to actually stop all of these systems. Even if they did, it would be economically suicidal. For years Iran's enemies focused on complex and expensive systems to counter other complex and expensive systems. With the arrival of these systems like Shahed, Paveh, the old ways are no longer enough. I am dubious if these systems can even be countered in a way that is both economical and consistent and reliable.

Even these AA systems are not as cheap/reliable as people think they are. Check this out:

Americans has a project for smart bullets, where the bullet can be deviated during its course. I think future is pointing to IA for this threat and complex bullets. Iran must be the with is nanotechnologies must go ahead for this technologies.

But of course you're hallucinating and don't realise the shahed-136 is a considerably larger UAV.

Harpy
General characteristics

Shahed 136

Mass 200 kg (440 lb)
Length 3.5 m (11 ft)
Wingspan 2.5 m (8.2 ft)

This is not even considering they have completely different wing tip, engine and nose structure:

Harpy:

Shahed 136:

Moreover, comparing the Israeli Harpy to Shahed-136 is a satirical. Comparing a battle tested system like shahed to some subpar UAV like harpy is better off left for the comic section of the forum.

@waz

This multi ID suicide troll is polluting this thread with his drivel. Can we keep this thread clean please.
It's a copy lol. Making it bigger doesn't change shit. Same concept. China copied our Harpy and created the ASN301, and you copied theirs. You're nothing, no innovation, just bastardization of existing designs. Your drones even use western parts lmao.

Harpy/Harop are battle tested, they blew up a warehouse with a bunch of Shaheds inside Iran lmao, evaded all of your crappy air defenses and blew up your inferior drones, they caused a nice chain reaction as well.

FL5290nXwAQrnZY

Americans has a project for smart bullets, where the bullet can be deviated during its course. I think future is pointing to IA for this threat and complex bullets. Iran must be the with is nanotechnologies must go ahead for this technologies.

These future 'smart' bullets will be more expensive compared to regular bullets and even assuming they can create a significantly higher kill probability per bullet, the limited ranges of these bullet based systems means they will never be able to create enough for them to cover all the necessary areas needing protection. Of course these systems are actually quite dangerous for the enemy, why? due to cost, they will have lower total bullets deployed compared to current systems. Now imagine a scenario where these 'smart" bullets cannot reliably handle a particular UAV threat, what you're left with now is an AAA system with less bullets i.e a reduced capability compared to even older systems.

Last edited:

Harpy
General characteristics

Shahed 136

Mass 200 kg (440 lb)
Length 3.5 m (11 ft)
Wingspan 2.5 m (8.2 ft)

Harpy:

Shahed 136:

@waz

Got rid of him on this thread. I’m looking at the rest of his posts .

Back
Top Bottom