What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

People are still talking about that 15k drone lie sale to China? Talk about real sales that have been confirmed please no fairytales as Sha ah busted it upside down since China can make ASN-301 / JWS-01 which is exactly the same

The Chinese made ASN-301 / JWS-01 is most similar to the Shahed-136. In terms of its dimensions it's actually more similar to the Shahed-131.

JWS01a.jpg
but thats ONLY dimensions- from what we learned from inside the Shahed-136 drone, its insides are very unique, which makes it a DIFFERENT type of battlefield drone- for example, we know the Iranian drone inside is resistant to EW jamming and can use multile modes to strike targets- is this Chinese "harpy" like drone EW jamming resistant? Also the Shahed-136 is a larger and better d rone than the initial harpy, so if CHina just reverse engineered the harpy, China still doesnt have a Shahed-136 drone, it had a Shahed-136 predecessor type drone, and all these nuisances matter. Shahed -136 has different electronics capacity and arrangements inside its nose, and no other suicide drone at that price, with that range, at that effectiveness, with that accuracy exists, and that is why CHina is buying Iran's Shahed-136.

People who dont want to believe China is buying 15000 drones from Iran have only 1 serious problem- intense denial. end of story!

the sooner you get over your denial the sooner you will understand why all this is happening, and i mean that in a constructive way.
People are still talking about that 15k drone lie sale to China? Talk about real sales that have been confirmed please no fairytales as Sha ah busted it upside down since China can make ASN-301 / JWS-01 which is exactly the same

I'm very skeptical about China purchasing drones from Iran.

I am sure people were about Russia purchasing them as well, until we saw them flying in Ukraine.

China purchased the Harpy from the Israelis in the 1990s. China unveiled its own variant in 2017, the ASN-301 / JWS-01. It's dimensions and stats are extremely similar to the Shahed-131

61342_547005_581093.jpg

61342_547006_596845.jpg

61342_547009_132501.jpg

61342_547011_398755.jpg

61342_547012_415541.jpg

That may be closest UAV they have to shahed-136, but that does not mean it is on par with it. Harpy's range for example is only around 600km.

As for their ADN-301/ JWS-01, those are a minuscule in terms of range compared to the Shahed:

"It can be launched from a truck and used to attack the radar system to blind the enemy's "eyes". The aircraft has a length of 2.5 meters, a wingspan of 2.2 meters, a maximum flight speed of 220 kilometers per hour, a endurance of 4 hours, and a range of up to 280 kilometers."

It is borderline satirical to try and compare these to something like a shahed-136 which has a range more than most long range cruise missiles. There are other factors as well, such as Shahed being made from RCS reducing materials. I have mentioned plenty of other reasons previously in this thread as to why the Chinese would go for Shahed-136, including reasons why they would frankly be fools if they did not want to get their hands on this battle tested system.

China also has a hypersonic, maneuverable, stealth drone, the WZ-8. Allegedly Iran is going to turn the Qaher-313 into a maneuverable drone in the near future.

WZ-8_at_Airshow_China_Zhuhai_2022.jpg

FD5A1EAD-CF93-4AE9-BDE6-EF040F95D82E.jpeg

Apples and oranges. Those UAVs are of a completely different class and mission profile. It would be like saying Russians have the Okhotnik heavy strike UAV and thus surely do not need to import a simpler UAV like Shahed-136.

Russia-Drone-Okhotnik-October-2021.jpg

Russian-UCAV-S70-Hunter.jpg

Is it a fairytale because you have evidence that is false or because you don't want to believe it?

Last edited:
I am sure people were about Russia purchasing them as well, until we saw them flying in Ukraine.

That may be closest UAV they have to shahed-136, but that does not mean it is on par with it. Harpy's range for example is only around 600km.

As for their ADN-301/ JWS-01, those are a minuscule in terms of range compared to the Shahed:

"It can be launched from a truck and used to attack the radar system to blind the enemy's "eyes". The aircraft has a length of 2.5 meters, a wingspan of 2.2 meters, a maximum flight speed of 220 kilometers per hour, a endurance of 4 hours, and a range of up to 280 kilometers."

It is borderline satirical to try and compare these to something like a shahed-136 which has a range more than most long range cruise missiles. There are other factors as well, such as Shahed being made from RCS reducing materials. I have mentioned plenty of other reasons previously in this thread as to why the Chinese would go for Shahed-136, including reasons why they would frankly be fools if they did not want to get their hands on this battle tested system.

Apples and oranges. Those UAVs are of a completely different class and mission profile. It would be like saying Russians have the Okhotnik heavy strike UAV and thus surely do not need to import a simpler UAV like Shahed-136.

Russia-Drone-Okhotnik-October-2021.jpg

Russian-UCAV-S70-Hunter.jpg

Is it a fairytale because you have evidence that is false or because you don't want to believe it?
Once again, you're stuck on the range.

Do you honestly think further development hasn't been done to increase range?

The point was that China has a similar drone, and it has been proven as such.

Don't try moving the goal post now.

Do I need to explain to you again why range is relevent?

I care about evidence on the ground, not your own hypothetical assertions. It's not about what I think, but what the actual evidence shows.

They have nothing which is on par with the shahed, I have demonstrated that already. If they have had systems which had capabilities which were actually truly similar then we would have something of substance to focus on, even then there could have been reasons why they would want to get their hands on the shahed.

My assertions have remained the same from the beginning. What are you on about?

Don't lecture people about trolling when this is exactly what YOU are doing. Stop derailing and trolling the Iranian section. People get banned for this.

Do I need to explain to you again why range is relevent?

I care about evidence on the ground, not your own hypothetical assertions. It's not about what I think, but what the actual evidence shows.

They have nothing which is on par with the shahed, I have demonstrated that already. If they have had systems which had capabilities which were actually truly similar then we would have something of substance to focus on, even then there could have been reasons why they would want to get their hands on the shahed.

My assertions have remained the same from the beginning. What are you on about?
You are purposefully moving the goal post and you know it.

You asked from a similar system and it was provided.

Now you're trying to use whataboutism to try and stubbornly stick to your point.

Your point on range is absolutely stupid as well.

Don't lecture people about trolling when this is exactly what YOU are doing. Stop derailing and trolling the Iranian section. People get banned for this.
He asked for a similar drone, it was provided.

Mind your own business if you can't be bothered to read.

You think by making false accusations that this will somehow give more merit to your debunked claims?

These UAVs may be Similar in concept, but cerainly not on par in terms of capability.

Your "logic" is basically:

1- China can produce loitering UAVS/ suicide drones
2- Shahed-136 is a suicide UAV
3- Therefore China does not need to import shahed-136.

If we had to follow this low level rationalisation, then the Russians should not be importing the Shahed-136 because they can produce the lancet UAV.

I mean this is basic level logic.

Now you're trying to use whataboutism to try and stubbornly stick to your point.

I don't think you understand what the term "whataboutism" means.

Your "logic" around range is (anagalously) basically:

"If nation x can produce a short ranged air defence, then surly they don't need to import long range air defence".

Comparison between military systems in this context will always use range as an important parameter. You're on a defence forum, the fact I have to even explain this is plain embarassing.

Other parameters can be used as well. For example, Shahed-136 utilised RCS reducing techniques via shape and materials.

You're out of your depth here.

Last edited:

He asked for a similar drone, it was provided.

Mind your own business if you can't be bothered to read.

Dont lecture anyone about minding their own business when you yourself barged into a conversation that didnt concerned you in the Russia-Ukraine thread. Seems you operate with a rule for me and a rule for thee, but you get away with it because your nose is stuck so far up the arse of certain people here. If you can't conduct yourself properly and do what's asked of you, kindly **** off from this thread.

You think by making false accusations that this will somehow give more merit to your debunked claims?

Similar in concept only, but cerainly not on par in terms of capability.

Your "logic" is basically:

1- China can produce loitering UAVS/ suicide drones
2- Shahed-136 is a suicide UAV
3- Therefore China does not need to import shahed-136.

If we had to follow this low level rationalisation, then Russian should not be importing the Shahed-136 because they can produce the lancet UAV.

I mean this is basic level logic.

I don't think you undersand what the term "whataboutism" means.

Your "logic" around range is (anagalously) basically:

"If nation x can produce a short ranged air defence, then surly they don't need to import long range air defence".

Comparison between military systems in this context will always use range as an important parameter. You're on a defence forum, the fact I have to even explain this is plain embarassing.

Other parameters can be used as well. For example, Shahed-136 utilised RCS reducing techniques via shape and materials.

You're out of your depth here.
It is not a false accusation. You asked for a similar drone, it was provided.

End of story.

The F15 has a longer range than the F35, does that make the F15 better?

If the Chinese, who have extensive knowledge and experience developing drones cam develop not only a similar drone to the Shahed, but also a drone that's capable of intercontinental travel, do you honestly think it would be difficult for them to modify these cheap suicide drones to make them longer range?

Also, the fact that you think range is the most important factor is what makes your entire take a joke.

And because you can't defend it, now you're finally bringing up RCS because you realize just how shit your argument was.

So right back at you, this is a defense forum. If you're gonna argue, then argue seriously instead of making these shit arguments.

Dont lecture anyone about minding their own business when you yourself barged into a conversation that didnt concerned you in the Russia-Ukraine thread. Seems you operate with a rule for me and a rule for thee, but you get away with it because your nose is stuck so far up the arse of certain people here. If you can't conduct yourself properly and do what's asked of you, kindly **** off from this thread.
The R-U thread is an open thread going on for thousands of pages. Don't make idiotic comments like this next time, or you'll just get made fun off.

Also, this thread is also open.

I don't get away with anything. I stick to forum rules, people like you do not because you blatantly break forum rules.

This comment of yours breaks several.

This is why you're at -62, and I'm +52.

This is also why you've gotten banned in the past.

@LeGenD

Can anything be done with this guy? Even if me and philosopher are having a heated moment, this is needlessly antagonizing the conversation.

Last edited:
It is not a false accusation. You asked for a similar drone, it was provided.

Apparently you can't even remember your own comments. You said:

"It just doesn't make sense for China to buy Iranian drones when China makes better drones for a similar price point."

And I replied:

"Which UAV does China make which is a better drone for similar price? The UAV in question from the Iranian side is of course the Shahed-136."

I did not ask you for a similar UAV but I very clearly asked you to provide me with evidence of a Chinese UAV which is better for a similar price point and you ended up posing that C-901 which was frankly comical.

End of story.

Better in what sense? define your parameters and we can answer the question.

If the Chinese, who have extensive knowledge and experience developing drones cam develop not only a similar drone to the Shahed, but also a drone that's capable of intercontinental travel, do you honestly think it would be difficult for them to modify these cheap suicide drones to make them longer range?

It is not a matter of if they can, it's whether they have. The Russians also can, but they are still importing Iranian Shahed-136, arent they?

Also, the fact that you think range is the most important factor is what makes your entire take a joke.

Now you're just repeating yourself.

And because you can't defend it, now you're finally bringing up RCS because you realize just how shit your argument was.

I have backed the assertion around range already, it's just that it has gone over your head.

RCS was mentioned because like I said there are many parameters which can influence capabiliy. If you wish to focus on more than range, then show me Chinese loitering UAV which is better than the shahed-136 in the parameters of your choosing.

So right back at you, this is a defense forum. If you're gonna argue, then argue seriously instead of making these shit arguments.

We can let other members determine whose debate points make more sense here.

Last edited:
Apparently you can't even remember your own comments. You said:

"It just doesn't make sense for China to buy Iranian drones when China makes better drones for a similar price point."

And I replied:

"Which UAV does China make which is a better drone for similar price? The UAV in question from the Iranian side is of course the Shahed-136."

I did not ask you for a similar UAV but I very clearly asked you to provide me with evidence of a Chinese UAV which is better for a similar price point and you ended up posing that C-901 which was frankly comical.

Better in what sense? define your parameters and we can answer the question.

It is not a matter of if they can, it's whether they have. The Russians also can, but they are still importing Iranian Shahed-136, arent they?

Now you're just repeating yourself.

I have backed the assertion around range already, it's just that it has gone over your head.

RCS was mentioned because like I said there are many parameters which can influence capabiliy. If you wish to focus on more than range, then show me Chinese loitering UAV which is better than the shahed-136 in the parameters of your choosing.

We can let other members determine whose debate points make more sense here.
Holy shit, you are literally now arguing for just the sake of arguing, nothing more.

I didn't choose the C-901, it was merely an example of how easily one can find drones of similar roles if they use Google. You're the one who's stuck on using this example over and over again.

The Chinese drone is like better due to it have better tech involved; computational power is quite relevant when it comes to drones. It may lack in range, but that's about it, and that can be easily fixed.

This isn't speculation, we know this because China has far more reliable technology than Iran does.

As for the f15/f35 example, you're the one making the argument that range is the most important parameter, not me. So you asking me "in what way" doesn't even make sense here, because this is literally your argument.

You haven't backed anything, you merely made a statement, nothing more.

As for RCS, it doesn't matter. On the Iranian section, the readers are gonna support the shahed 100% regardless of if indisputable evidence is provided. That has always been my experience in the Iranian section.

I would either appeal to stop arguing and instead posting about Iranian drones and their platform instead of debating for eternity about a supposed Chinese drones delivery because of a claim no one knows wether its true or not.

Time wasting for both parts and parasiting 2 pages, when i click on a section with new posts, i always hope to see image posts or analysis of Iran UAV development, not people arguing for 3 pages about such a thing, it reminds me of the 20 pages of trolling and pollution with the Turkish TFX on the IRIAF thread

Holy shit, you are literally now arguing for just the sake of arguing, nothing more.

I didn't choose the C-901, it was merely an example of how easily one can find drones of similar roles if they use Google. You're the one who's stuck on using this example over and over again.

You're not even making sense at this point. I asked for a specific example to back your assertion and you posted some random loitering UAV. The point here is that UAV you posted is in no shape or form matching the description of your claim.

The Chinese drone is like better due to it have better tech involved;

Proof?

computational power is quite relevant when it comes to drones. It may lack in range, but that's about it, and that can be easily fixed.

You're arguing in a circle. You're assuming it is more advance in those departments without any actual proof of this.

This isn't speculation, we know this because China has far more reliable technology than Iran does.

Have Chinese UAVs proven to be more reliable than Iranian UAVs?

As for the f15/f35 example, you're the one making the argument that range is the most important parameter,

You're creating a strawman argument. I never said it is the most important. But it certainly is a very imporant parameter.

That's irrlevent.

So you asking me "in what way" doesn't even make sense here, because this is literally your argument.

You can't ask a vague question like "which is better" without specifying further. Better in what sense?
Moroever, I'll give you a counterfactual example, suppose the F-35 has more range than the F-15, then your question would have been moot. Well not only does Shahed-136 have more range, but it is also of low RCS. Which Chinse loiering UAV can mach this capability?

You haven't backed anything, you merely made a statement, nothing more.

Yes, that's one form of backing.

As for RCS, it doesn't matter.

Your comments are getting sillier by the second.

On the Iranian section, the readers are gonna support the shahed 100% regardless of if indisputable evidence is provided. That has always been my experience in the Iranian section.

No, they can use common sense. The reason they're "laughing" at you is because you're coming across as someone who does not even realise the absurdity of the claims they're making.

how many f-15 shoot down in angers and how many F-35
now look at how much they were used in conflict and your answer maay look different than what you expect . if you just want to go by metrics

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom