What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

i watched that video - Binkov doesnt have up to date knowledge on Iranian drones or Iranian drone technology, he said a few things that were either false or bogus in that video.
I unsub'd that channel a while ago. Frankly this person is either totally uninformed or a shill. The over-obvious 'Russian' accent is also curious...shrug.

For Iran probably the raw cost is around $5000 to $10,000 at the very most. That includes R&D, all the components, facilities, employees, control station, etc The west is awe struck because they simply have no viable, cost effective answer to this weapon at such a price range.

Iran is selling it to Russia for something like $20,000 each. Since they have been utilized in Ukraine Iran has received requests from 22 countries to purchase these drones. This has given a massive boost to Iran's defense industry. It's basically put Iran on the map in some ways.

However this is only the tip of the iceberg. Now Iran is going to provide Russia with the Arash-2 UAV, which is heavier, faster, more powerful, more advanced compared to the Shahed-136. It's warhead is 3-4x larger. Aside from that Iran is also giving Russia ballistic missiles (Fateh and Zolfaqar types)

This small thing costs 70000 dollars
And people say size dosent matter lol😜

The accomplishment of these suicide drones have even reached india
They are amazing to overwhelm an enemy
I read a report on how they are destroying most of Ukraine's strategic bases .
How much does it cost to make a shahedd ?

Are you trying to make us laugh or something ? Because you're only partially successful. Try harder. Last night Geran-2 drones hit multiple targets throughout Ukraine, leading to extended power outages in Kiev. They're constantly being used to target Ukrainian military bases and weapons depots. Usually they specifically aim for explosive/flammable material, that way they cause a secondary explosion, killing everyone on site.

Here's an example

Face it you're helpless against this weapon. You can't produce anything like this for $20,000. Your shitty Switchblade costs $70,000 a piece. Even C-RAM costs $15 million. 100 Shaheds cost $1 million. How many Shaheds would it take to destroy a C-RAM ? Imagine 4 diving at the C-RAM at the same time, what about 8 ? 12 ? That C-RAM won't survive and you know it.

Neither will your most advanced air defense systems and even if you shoot them down, you've already lost. NASAM missile costs $1 million, Patriot $3 million. Face it you've been checkmated by this weapon. I can't wait until the Arash-2 makes it premier in Ukraine. It's warhead is 3-4x larger.

Not to mention thousands of Iranian Fateh and Zulfiqar missiles. You know those same ones that gave 100 of your soldiers in Iraq PTSD and permanent brain damage ? I honestly can't wait to see how badly your leaders panic, whine and scream once those missiles wipe out all their billions worth of investments in Ukraine. LOL

Last edited:
Yes 131 is also being used. Russians call it Geran-1. I'm pretty sure they're going to call Arash-2, Geran-3 or something. Funny how they have chosen to name these after a flower.

1666967563388.png

the old Shahed-131 is used in Ukraine? 🧐

I wonder how they will name Fateh, maybe Nareg-2 or Iskander Mini?

The awkward thing is that Fateh first generations were made of Zelzal which were based on the Luna Russian rockets if I'm not wrong (not confident with western sources but thats what they claim), Iran upgraded it as hell for two decades long and now Russia are willing to get some :-)

Good job showing the world how Iran is capable, even if Shahed-136 was having crappy performances and uselessness it still would have been a prowess for a huge sanctioned country to sell to a world power, and they are efficient still, they do not only destroy targets, but also if they get destroyed, it indirectly explode western cash reserves and ammunitions

I unsub'd that channel a while ago. Frankly this person is either totally uninformed or a shill. The over-obvious 'Russian' accent is also curious...shrug.
good moves. i also found it extremely suspicious that he refused to state that Shahed-136s are wearing down Ukriane's military, which they are- whenver "military analysts" avoid or are ignorant of some critical military truths, you have to be suspicious of them.

good moves. i also found it extremely suspicious that he refused to state that Shahed-136s are wearing down Ukriane's military, which they are- whenver "military analysts" avoid or are ignorant of some critical military
For Iran probably the raw cost is around $5000 to $10,000 at the very most. That includes R&D, all the components, facilities, employees, control station, etc The west is awe struck because they simply have no viable, cost effective answer to this weapon at such a price range.

Iran is selling it to Russia for something like $20,000 each. Since they have been utilized in Ukraine Iran has received requests from 22 countries to purchase these drones. This has given a massive boost to Iran's defense industry. It's basically put Iran on the map in some ways.

However this is only the tip of the iceberg. Now Iran is going to provide Russia with the Arash-2 UAV, which is heavier, faster, more powerful, more advanced compared to the Shahed-136. It's warhead is 3-4x larger. Aside from that Iran is also giving Russia ballistic missiles (Fateh and Zolfaqar types)
Giving?

We're still wondering what Iran got from those "gifts" to Russia, did Russia just paid cash over the counter? Is Iran going to just get the "authorization" to buy Su-35 designed for Egypt over the counter? or a transfer of technology?

I wonder how they will name Fateh, maybe Nareg-2 or Iskander Mini?

The awkward thing is that Fateh first generations were made of Zelzal which were based on the Luna Russian rockets if I'm not wrong (not confident with western sources but thats what they claim), Iran upgraded it as hell for two decades long and now Russia are willing to get some :-)

Good job showing the world how Iran is capable, even if Shahed-136 was having crappy performances and uselessness it still would have been a prowess for a huge sanctioned country to sell to a world power, and they are efficient still, they do not only destroy targets, but also if they get destroyed, it indirectly explode western cash reserves and ammunitions
wasn't LUNA a Soviet SLV ?

Caution, Binkov's cargo cultish. Doesn't have deep and broad view.
When I saw the asinine caption of quantity over quality, I realized the jabroni piece of shit was talking nonsense and I did not waste a second watching it. He is one of many bleeding heavily out of their sodomised rectums. Reminds of another jabroni calling the drones a "mere nuisance". Vaaghan bad joor koon kharaabton jer khordeh jendehaa, lol!

I'm guessing cash with the promise of more extensive military cooperation down the road. Iran will likely get the SU-30 and some SU-35s as well as S-500. We will have to wait and see.

Giving?

We're still wondering what Iran got from those "gifts" to Russia, did Russia just paid cash over the counter? Is Iran going to just get the "authorization" to buy Su-35 designed for Egypt over the counter? or a transfer of technology?

The reason he says that is because they use commercially available components. But if it's a kamikaze drone meant for one time use and if it's working as well as it is, then why would Iran raise the cost by using more expensive components? That doesn't even make sense. Not only are these drones effective on the battlefield, they're cost effective, which makes them into a nightmare for western nations.

Think about it, $70,000 for a tiny switchblade yet Iran sells a Shahed-136 for $20,000. The truth is that the west has no viable or cost effective solution to this riddle. The issue is that western, especially American weapons are meant to produce revenue first and foremost. Iranian/Russian weapons are made to be effective first and foremost. That's the critical difference.

You know the Shahed-136 really reminds me of the Israeli Harop drone. Except the Harop costs $70,000. Anyways I think Iran should also produce something similar to the Harpy UAV as well. Shahed-136 is great for hitting stationary targets, but Iran needs a kamikaze drone similar to the Shahed with an onboard camera and sensors that can allow it to hit moving targets on the battlefield. On the other hand, maybe they think that it's a waste to put all those sensors on a drone for one time use ?

Israeli Harpy UAV

1667022685700.png

Israeli Harop UAV

1667022735761.png

When I saw the asinine caption of quantity over quality, I realized the jabroni piece of shit was talking nonsense and I did not waste a second watching it. He is one of many bleeding heavily out of their sodomised rectums. Reminds of another jabroni calling the drones a "mere nuisance". Vaaghan bad joor koon kharaabton jer khordeh jendehaa, lol!

The reason he says that is because they use commercially available components. But if it's a kamikaze drone meant for one time use and if it's working as well as it is, then why would Iran raise the cost by using more expensive components? That doesn't even make sense. Not only are these drones effective on the battlefield, they're cost effective, which makes them into a nightmare for western nations.

Think about it, $70,000 for a tiny switchblade yet Iran sells a Shahed-136 for $20,000. The truth is that the west has no viable or cost effective solution to this riddle. The issue is that western, especially American weapons are meant to produce revenue first and foremost. Iranian/Russian weapons are made to be effective first and foremost. That's the critical difference.

You know the Shahed-136 really reminds me of the Israeli Harop drone. Except the Harop costs $70,000. Anyways I think Iran should also produce something similar to the Harpy UAV as well. Shahed-136 is great for hitting stationary targets, but Iran needs a kamikaze drone similar to the Shahed with an onboard camera and sensors that can allow it to hit moving targets on the battlefield. On the other hand, maybe they think that it's a waste to put all those sensors on a drone for one time use ?

Israeli Harpy UAV
I think there is a misunderstanding here about Switchblade, I was confused too but it seems that each *system* is 70k. With each system having 10 Switchblades costing £6-7k each. Again that's still isn't great cost-wise, Shahed is around 2-3 times more expensive and has easily inflicted more damage than all Switchblades used so far by Ukraine.

Iran already has a Harop copy, it's called Omid, and I think Shahed-131 fulfils a similar role to Harpy. Shahed has EO/IR variants, if you look to the back left of the 2nd image you can see.

img_20220608_044218_6893943867951579227922.jpg
Shahed136lm.png

Thanks for the clarification. The Harop though has an onboard camera, so it can conduct reconnaissance, it can loiter and dive onto a target.

The Omid and Ababil-2 are similar to the Harop in terms of their general shape but they do not feature onboard cameras. Of course there's always cheap UCAVs like Mohajer-6. Then of course Iran has more advanced, expensive variants like the Shahed-149 (Gaza). However those are not loitering munitions. Of course there is Iran's type 358 loitering munition which is similar to the Russian Lancet uav. It features an imaging infrared seeker. Anyways

Harop

1667027950553.png

Ababil-2

1667027993851.png

Omid UAV

1667027898762.png

358 loitering munition

1667029049678.png

Interesting video about Shahed-136 drones

I think there is a misunderstanding here about Switchblade, I was confused too but it seems that each *system* is 70k. With each system having 10 Switchblades costing £6-7k each. Again that's still isn't great cost-wise, Shahed is around 2-3 times more expensive and has easily inflicted more damage than all Switchblades used so far by Ukraine.

Iran already has a Harop copy, it's called Omid, and I think Shahed-131 fulfils a similar role to Harpy. Shahed has EO/IR variants, if you look to the back left of the 2nd image you can see.

img_20220608_044218_6893943867951579227922.jpg
View attachment 890399

Attachments

• 1667027928932.png
    1667027928932.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom