What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Is he this one?

"Iran is selling military equipment of its own production to 'certain major world powers'" - IRGC
Commander General Salami also said that the Iranian military is training unnamed buyers to use the equipment received"
Could be Ukraine.

Or Germany cause of the behavior of Poland...ah, wait..."major world power"...
500 HIMARs and almost 100 Apaches along with Abrams and Krab artillery is a cause for concern. But Poland just reacting to Russia's aggression and influence, reviving their superpower dreams.

500 HIMARs and almost 100 Apaches along with Abrams and Krab artillery is a cause for concern. But Poland just reacting to Russia's aggression and influence, reviving their superpower dreams.
Poland is becoming an impressive power in central Europe recently. Might even surpass France.

This is Kiomars Heydari, who is the commander of the land forces of the regular army (Artesh).

But if Gen. Salami said that, then I find that to o be a strong confirmation that a transfer has infact taken place, and they are currently undergoing training. I'd imagine these training courses could last several months to develop proficiency of use.
It is always unsettling when this guy talks, cause it's clear he is very poorly educated, and appears to only be a figure head for the more intelligent people below him. He doesn't even know anything about Arash-2 and just said, how someone explained to him the purpose of it. I am curious of someone could explain the purpose, basically the same role as S-136?

Last edited:
Poland is becoming an impressive power in central Europe recently. Might even surpass France.

It is always unsettling when this guy talks, cause it's clear he is very poorly educated, and appears to only be a figure head for the more intelligent people below him. He doesn't even know anything about Arash-2 and just said, how someone explained to him the purpose of it. I am curious of someone could explain the purpose, basically the same role as S-136?
Pretty much,tho its clearly at the cheaper end of the scale compared to the shahed-136,which looks to be a somewhat higher end product.Both of these however have extremely good accuracy and resulting lethality.
The advantage of using an imaging seeker in the Arash is that it allows the weapon to still navigate even if conventional satellite assisted ins is jammed/degraded,by comparing way point images stored in its nav system as well as images of the target,plus with a 2-way datalink it also allows for any targets of opportunity to be quickly engaged.This looks to be potentially quite a potent capability upgrade.

Pretty much,tho its clearly at the cheaper end of the scale compared to the shahed-136,which looks to be a somewhat higher end product.Both of these however have extremely good accuracy and resulting lethality.
The advantage of using an imaging seeker in the Arash is that it allows the weapon to still navigate even if conventional satellite assisted ins is jammed/degraded,by comparing way point images stored in its nav system as well as images of the target,plus with a 2-way datalink it also allows for any targets of opportunity to be quickly engaged.This looks to be potentially quite a potent capability upgrade.

With 2 way datalink mode, it would be very limited in range, I'd imagine this is one "flying bomb" method for Artesh to cheaply attack targets in Israel, without needing communications, and just using on board IRR seeker for automatic target selection without use of GPS.. How this process works exactly, I don't know. I suppose it would be something a kin to firing into the GPS location of the target, It would navigate towards the Israeli border and navigate as well as it can, and use the seeker for terminal guidance if a match is found, if not then it could miss and hits buildings randomly.

Poland has no technology. No science. You need science and technology to be a world power.

I wonder what it hit. Shahed-136 is very deadly indeed.

Hopefully soon we will get some footage of these bad boys in action. If Russia saturates the airspace with them, it could very well change the balance of power in Ukraine.

The best way to use these is in large numbers and in coordination with other weapons systems. Artillery, rockets + these drones can devastate enemy lines.

Also when using drones along with missile strikes, it puts enemy air defense units in a very difficult situation. Let's say Russia launches 8 missiles and the Ukrainians have 8 SAM missiles. Under normal circumstances of course the obvious choice would be to use all 8 missiles to engage all 8 missiles, but when the enemy also has UAVs in mass, it makes the enemy air defense personnel second guess themselves.

Just wait for it, soon the west will be crying over this. They're sending all kinds of sophisticated weapons to Ukraine but they're going to have a hissy fit over this. I can see it now. Just wait for it. The funny thing is, there's nothing they can do about it because they've already sanctioned Iran to the max and we know what happens when they seize Iranian tankers. Last time Greece did that, Iran got 2 for the price of 1. So everytime they do it Iran will simply double its income, paid for by those who seized Iranian properly.

I wonder what it hit. Shahed-136 is very deadly indeed.

Hopefully soon we will get some footage of these bad boys in action. If Russia saturates the airspace with them, it could very well change the balance of power in Ukraine.

The best way to use these is in large numbers and in coordination with other weapons systems. Artillery, rockets + these drones can devastate enemy lines.

Also when using drones along with missile strikes, it puts enemy air defense units in a very difficult situation. Let's say Russia launches 8 missiles and the Ukrainians have 8 SAM missiles. Under normal circumstances of course the obvious choice would be to use all 8 missiles to engage all 8 missiles, but when the enemy also has UAVs in mass, it makes the enemy air defense personnel second guess themselves.

Just wait for it, soon the west will be crying over this. They're sending all kinds of sophisticated weapons to Ukraine but they're going to have a hissy fit over this. I can see it now. Just wait for it. The funny thing is, there's nothing they can do about it because they've already sanctioned Iran to the max and we know what happens when they seize Iranian tankers. Last time Greece did that, Iran got 2 for the price of 1. So everytime they do it Iran will simply double its income, paid for by those who seized Iranian properly.

one wonders what Iran got in return for this and what will be the outcome since Iran is now a party to the Ukraine war without question.

I'm just glad the Russians made the right choice. When commentators were saying Shahed series I was afraid Russia had purchased Shahed 129, which is really not suitable for a contested airspace saturated with air defenses.

Mohajer-6 is effective but low cost enough to do the job and Shahed-136 is a loitering munition, perfect combination. Honestly everyday I see footage captured by Russian drones, mostly Orlan-10 and quadcopters from China, so Iranian drones should have no issue hitting targets in Ukraine. Hopefully we will see some footage soon.

Shahed-136 is actually very similar to the KUB-BLA loitering munitions the Russians produce, but we haven't seen those in action for quite some time. I wonder if the Russians simply purchased these UAVs from Iran or if they purchased technology transfers.

Either they paid Iran in cash/gold/diamonds and purchased them outright or this might be part of a larger deal where these will go towards credit for S-400, SU-30/35 or other weapons systems Iran wants.

one wonders what Iran got in return for this and what will be the outcome since Iran is now a party to the Ukraine war without question.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom