What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

We need an array of them from multiple directions plus AI and image processing to harass an F16 effectively.

They can communicate creatively as well like US since they will be jammed well.

Detection range is limited to this camera on the tip and communication creativity.

Also subsonic and we need an array from different directions.
I still dont' really understand the application of Karrar in terms of a ground attack role and how it will be operated in the broader IRIAF.

For example, would it only be used to conduct sorties in airspace where they do not want to risk a manned aircraft? Shouldn't the IRIAF really be doing air drills with Aircraft and UAVs working together instead of running drills on them separately as if they are two different branches? Is it to just dash in, drop a payload in a requested area and dash out at high subsonic speed?

What is the top speed of the Karrar, if flying low to drop a payload, could it evade SHORAD systems just on speed alone?

Launch and preparation time seems to be long, for something like a Karrar short prep time is very important although I don't really know how long it takes to prepare a sortie once the target coordinates are provided.

What is the top speed of the Karrar, if flying low to drop a payload, could it evade SHORAD systems just on speed alone?
karrar without a bomb on its belly have a speed around 950km/h and a combat radius of a little more than 500km . its our only drone that can keep up with manned fighter jets

IMA media mentions

International Falconry competitions which is hosted by the IRGC Aerospace Force has wrapped up in Iran.

Russia, Belarus, Armenia and Iran are participating in the competitions, Pakistan and India have observer status.

Competitions is divided into 4 items: Night-time reconnaissance, Day-time reconnaissance, Artillery fire guidance and Help & rescue.

This video is from night-time recon item of the competition.

So we should expect to see a couple more videos about the other segments in the coming days.

I still dont' really understand the application of Karrar in terms of a ground attack role and how it will be operated in the broader IRIAF.

For example, would it only be used to conduct sorties in airspace where they do not want to risk a manned aircraft? Shouldn't the IRIAF really be doing air drills with Aircraft and UAVs working together instead of running drills on them separately as if they are two different branches? Is it to just dash in, drop a payload in a requested area and dash out at high subsonic speed?

Launch and preparation time seems to be long, for something like a Karrar short prep time is very important although I don't really know how long it takes to prepare a sortie once the target coordinates are provided.

Speed is around 900.

It has already done at least one mission to evade a subsonic US reconnaissance aircraft in the Persian Gulf.

Multiple drones are needed to effectively harass F16.

They have done a proper A2A engagement using Azarakhsh from UCAV

We may see it tomorrow

I love the one from Belarus [5:40]:enjoy:
I wondered what the hell they were doing at first,it almost looked like they were hand launching this drone,which seemed rather unlikely considering its size,then I realized that they were literally just using a rubber bungee cord attached to a stake hammered in the ground,they didnt even bother with a small collapsible catapult like most of the other teams used.

New member of Ababil family. Ababil-Cruise!
1401060519170256425974964.jpg

Back
Top Bottom