What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

it could very well be a Iranian drone

1629492317747.png

1629492351338.png

Iranian army announced they are building Kaman-19 drone for special missions ( very high altitude - super long range ) with an special engine. its mission is manly surveillance hence the very high altitude flight capability and it's long range

1629532238687.png

Iranian army announced they are building Kaman-19 drone for special missions ( very high altitude - super long range ) with an special engine. its mission is manly surveillance hence the very high altitude flight capability and it's long range

View attachment 771665

Don't get excited its just a IRIAF project.

View attachment 771665

when I first saw this news piece, my first thought was something like Simurgh (RQ-170)... I'm really like to know why they don't buy it from irgc tho...

when I first saw this news piece, my first thought was something like Simurgh (RQ-170)... I'm really like to know why they don't buy it from irgc tho...
they clear something from the get go: Kaman-19 will be more powerful then Kaman-22, well let me put it simply, Army and IRGC do not trust each other, they hate each other guts.😁

Last edited:
(Google Translate from Hebrew)

Iran is building an assault drone with a range of over 3,000 km. Iranian Air Force Commander: 'We are developing it with a specific thought about one goal'. The goal - Israel
Aug 23, 2021 @ 14:23
Iranian Air Force commander Brigadier General Aziz Nasirzadeh Brig Gen Aziz Nasirzadeh said on Saturday, August 21, that Iran was now building two types of suicide bombers of two types.
He said the development of the long-range drone Kaman-22 is in the final stages, and will soon begin operational flights.
As for the suicide bomber Kaman-Kaman-19, 'it was built now when its developers have a specific purpose.' is currently being built with a specific mission in mind.
The Kaman 19 will be able to stay in the air for 24 hours, 'and it will be equipped with combat and optical capability', equipped with combat and optical cargo.
Tikdabka's military sources indicate that the drone's combat capability is its ability to carry 6 bombs - 4 of which are precision guided bombs, and two regular bombs.
The speed of development of Iranian suicide attack drones is evidenced by the fact that only earlier this year did the Iranian Air Force introduce the Kaman-12, which has a range of 3,000 km and is capable of carrying 300 kilograms of explosives.
All Iranian drones from the Kaman group are in fact replicas of the American drone 'Predator' MQ-1 Predator, and all of them incorporate advanced technology taken from the American drone RP-17, which the Iranians were able to intercept, and land intact at an Iranian air base in 2011.

I highly doubt how RQ-170 capture could give an advantage to Iran. They use the same shape, that's all.
I think there is a lot of lies and propaganda in that issue.
It's like say because you have a binary copy of Windows 10, you can easily replicate the source code of Windows 10.

I highly doubt how RQ-170 capture could give an advantage to Iran. They use the same shape, that's all.
It's like say because you have a binary copy of Windows 10, you can easily replicate the source code of Windows 10.
the fact that iran can fly the drone and more than that use them in close formation it means we knew a lot more about how it work than just copy it

It's alot more than just shape and design. Iran has gone much further than that and have mastered the RAS/RAM features of the RQ and MQ series of drones. This was proven from the debris of the Mercer street attack which could have only come from an Iran made drone.

Lots of false info in that article. Kaman-19 is a reconnaissance UAV.

Back
Top Bottom