Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

let me fix this for you

iranian uav´s

Attachments

• 22222 (1).png
    22222 (1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Scan Eagles are still useful since they can identify targets for airstrikes but with the situation in Afghanistan being so fluid, armed drones would have been a better option.

The Afghan government should have purchased armed drones before the US left. The problem is that US drones are far too expensive for them and the US would not allow them to purchase drones from China or Iran.

Iranian drones would have been a perfect fit for them and might have saved them. So sad.

Scan Eagle.

Well just yesterday an Mi-35 which was gifted to Afghanistan by India was captured by the Taliban.

Those helicopters are honestly beasts. They're basically like flying tanks.

Honestly if Afghanistan falls then Iran should probably bribe the pilots or government officials to land them in Iran. They would make a nice addition. Even half a dozen or a dozen of them would be good.

Or buy them from the Taliban afterwards ? It's not like Taliban have the capacity to use them for long anyways. I'm sure Iran could purchase them for dirt cheap. Also Iran would have access to spare parts from Russia.

In other news the Kabul gov is desperately trying to purchase helicopters from Russia. Russia must be wondering if there will even be an Afghan government left when the order is ready for delivery ? It could be free money for Russia. LOL

As a side note, hopefully in the next few years we see Iran build the Shahed 216. Looks good on paper and I'm pretty sure Iran has worked on a prototype but budget constraints prevented serial production.

Would've been nice if those Afghan Pilots, flew those Mi-35s to Iran lol.

Honestly if Afghanistan falls then Iran should probably bribe the pilots or government officials to land them in Iran.

My thoughts exactly....:azn::enjoy:
They would be an excellent,and potent,addition to irans attack helo fleet.

My thoughts exactly....:azn::enjoy:
They would be an excellent,and potent,addition to irans attack helo fleet.
iran gave back iraqs planes because it would be theft to keep them and the same way the moment a resistance government would take over in afghanistan iran would give it back aswell and in iraqs case it was simply important to get all arms away from saddam but taliban are sandal wearing fools they cant use most of this stuff they just use it as souvenirs they cant use it against iran anyway and if they tried than they would be mistaken very fast
iran doesnt need heavy attack choppers its simply not what iran does it would be suicidal to use this in a modern warfare you get shot down in a second in fact iran uses its shahed light attack helicopter because this thing is very hard to down to begin with and besides that you rather would see 100 drones swarming and attacking than 10 heavy attack choppers because iran does fight the way it finds better fitting and feels not really a need to change because irans way is the way of the future
no iran has a need for high speed and high altitude vehicles right now but anything else is basically just hedonism when its simply not needed and yes iran will get a heavier set of stand off weapon systems which uses choppers later on but those are basically not even supposed to come even slightly close to the battlefield

Last edited:
Scan Eagles are still useful since they can identify targets for airstrikes but with the situation in Afghanistan being so fluid, armed drones would have been a better option.

The Afghan government should have purchased armed drones before the US left. The problem is that US drones are far too expensive for them and the US would not allow them to purchase drones from China or Iran.

Iranian drones would have been a perfect fit for them and might have saved them. So sad.
do you know the story of how iran hacked the plant of scaneagle production and put a glitch into the firmware allowing it to control the entire production of 100s of scan eagle which caused the former company of this system to go broke
the scan eagle is fine but it is a toy compared to the serious systems out there

Last edited:
Honestly the Mi-35s are like flying tanks, they're not that easy to shoot down and in modern warfare helicopters are still effective and in some cases vital to victory.

Doesn't Iran still have some of the Iraqi jets ? I thought Iran kept them as compensation for the Iran-Iraq war ? I doubt if the Iraqi's would even want them anymore. They would probably scrap them or put them into storage. They bought some F-16s and I believe that they're more interested in newer hardware.

Anyways it appears as if Afghanistan as we know it is finished. Taliban cannot use any sophisticated equipment. Not for long anyways. They need parts, maintenance, etc. Taliban are cavemen and can't use them.

Iran should buy those Mi-35's for pennies on the dollar. Mi-35s are excellent assault helicopters.Most bullets simply bounce off of them like nothing.

iran gave back iraqs planes because it would be theft to keep them and the same way the moment a resistance government would take over in afghanistan iran would give it back aswell and in iraqs case it was simply important to get all arms away from saddam but taliban are sandal wearing fools they cant use most of this stuff they just use it as souvenirs they cant use it against iran anyway and if they tried than they would be mistaken very fast
iran doesnt need heavy attack choppers its simply not what iran does it would be suicidal to use this in a modern warfare you get shot down in a second in fact iran uses its shahed light attack helicopter because this thing is very hard to down to begin with and besides that you rather would see 100 drones swarming and attacking than 10 heavy attack choppers because iran does fight the way it finds better fitting and feels not really a need to change because irans way is the way of the future
no iran has a need for high speed and high altitude vehicles right now but anything else is basically just hedonism when its simply not needed and yes iran will get a heavier set of stand off weapon systems which uses choppers later on but those are basically not even supposed to come even slightly close to the battlefield

Honestly the Mi-35s are like flying tanks, they're not that easy to shoot down and in modern warfare helicopters are still effective and in some cases vital to victory.

Doesn't Iran still have some of the Iraqi jets ? I thought Iran kept them as compensation for the Iran-Iraq war ? I doubt if the Iraqi's would even want them anymore. They would probably scrap them or put them into storage. They bought some F-16s and I believe that they're more interested in newer hardware.

Anyways it appears as if Afghanistan as we know it is finished. Taliban cannot use any sophisticated equipment. Not for long anyways. They need parts, maintenance, etc. Taliban are cavemen and can't use them.

Iran should buy those Mi-35's for pennies on the dollar. Mi-35s are excellent assault helicopters. Most bullets simply bounce off of them like nothing.
We returned some of them but I think we kept some as well.

Doesn't Iran still have some of the Iraqi jets ? I thought Iran kept them as compensation for the Iran-Iraq war ?
The su 25s were given back to them to combat isis roaches but the mig 29s, mirage f1s, su 24s, etc are still very much of the IRIAF. The frog foots belonged to IRGCAF and they replaced that fleet with heavily upgraded su 22s networked to work with drones, etc.

Back
Top Bottom