What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

We have ANKA thread in Turkish section...why don't share your knowledge regarding to ANKA... ?
Like what makes Thielert Centurion 2.0 a bad engine ?

On topic, i have confidence that one day, Iranian friends will make the Millennium Falcon and we will travel to stars. :)
I guess they will export the revolution to the rest of the cosmos lol

Toloue-4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are more. But this is something that can be used on a drone.
No that is something you can use for a cruise missile with a range of 300-400 km.

For a drone and if it's range is going to be over 1000kms you should use a engine that is generating at least 30 kn. Not to mention X-47B uses F100-220U which generates 75kn.... Then you are saying why we are not debating on technical terms, Turks are trolling, etc.... :disagree:

meanwhile in india:

001ec94a1ee40f3f14f62e.jpg

and that's the USS Ghandi

No that is something you can use for a cruise missile with a range of 300-400 km.

For a drone and if it's range is going to be over 1000kms you should use a engine that is generating at least 30 kn. Not to mention X-47B uses F100-220U which generates 75kn.... Then you are saying why we are not debating on technical terms, Turks are trolling, etc.... :disagree:
Well in this case maybe it is more ignorance than trolling.

First of all nobody said anything about the range. Karrar is using a jet engine and its range is below 1000 km and still serves its purpose.

For your information looking only at the power without considering the weight and aerodynamic specifications of the aircraft that carries it won't give you any clue about its potential range. It is like claiming that a car with more powerful engine would always have a longer range than a car with weaker one without considering the weight and other characteristics of the cars. As far as I know it is usually the opposite.

That person questioned Iran's ability to produce miniature jet engines and I showed him that there is at least one that we know about and there is more. Ghader and Sumar missiles both use jet engines and Sumar has a range of min 2000 km.

Well in this case maybe it is more ignorance than trolling.

First of all nobody said anything about the range. Karrar is using a jet engine and its range is below 1000 km and still serves its purpose.

For your information looking only at the power without considering the weight and aerodynamic specifications of the aircraft that carries it won't give you any clue about its potential range. It is like claiming that a car with more powerful engine would always have a longer range than a car with weaker one without considering the weight and other characteristics of the cars. As far as I know it is usually the opposite.

That person questioned Iran's ability to produce miniature jet engines and I showed him that there is at least one that we know about and there is more. Ghader and Sumar missiles both use jet engines and Sumar has a range of min 2000 km.

I was going to give you some calculations but i will be a little bit busy tonight. (are you interested in how to make a turbine engine ? )

Soi you have to make the calculations... SOM missile uses a french micro engine which has around 3.5 kn thrust and has 300 km operational radious.... know find SOM missile's and ANKA's weight. Imagine that you put micro engine to ANKA and find it's operational radius by doing weight comparison. Not to mention that micro engines has a very low durability, because they are intended to use one time only (cruise missile) and it doesn't accelerate the missile from O kms speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer your comments in this and the other thread. Here is the news:

Iran’s drones will now be equipped with high precision smart missiles travelling at supersonic speed, Fars news agency reported today.

“The new drones are capable of destroying different types of aircraft that include fighter jets, drones and helicopters,” Deputy Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami was quoted as saying by Fars.

“Teharan’s new indigenous drones can fly thousands of kilometers and are equipped with precision smart missiles that can capture images and transmit them directly or indirectly to on-ground stations,” Lieutenant Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami said.

Iran has also developed a missile-evading drone called ‘Sarallah’ that escapes thermal and air-to-air missile power in January 2015. It had unveiled a new drone named Sadeq 1 which can fly at supersonic speeds last September.

The supersonic speed in the first paragraph refers to the smart missiles not the drone. It says: "high precision smart missiles travelling at supersonic speed" which makes sense. An AA missile should be able to fly at supersonic speed or it will never catch its target. No propaganda here unless you doubt Iran's ability to produce supersonic missiles.

2nd paragraph, yes if a drone can carry and fire AA missiles, then theoretically it can shoot down all of those flying objects. Again we know that Shahed 129 and Fotros are both large enough to carry AA missiles. So I don't see any issues here either. This is a credible claim to me. The drone can fire a heat seeking missile at the general direction of its target and there is a possibility that it may hit the target. No one has talked about 100% rate of success or BVR capacity here.

3rd paragraph is talking about "Teharan’s new indigenous drones" in general. Again nothing incredible here. Shahed 129 and Fotros both can do what is claimed here.

4th paragraph is new information. It says there is a new drone called Srallah that can escape thermal and air to air missiles. We have not see it yet so I can't confirm if it is true or not. It is not strange for a drone to be able to release flares and chaffs so I choose to believe what they claim. You may choose not too.

The other news to us there is another drone called Sadeq 1 which can fly at supersonic speed. We have not seen this drone. As I have mentioned in the first page it may be a simple media confusion as usual.

Now getting back to your comment
:D

Drones that can fly thousands of miles in supersonic speed..while evading incoming missiles it can shoot enemy aircrafts.... awesome.... One step close to the "Millenium Falcon". :victory1:

It seems to me that you have taken one word from four totally unrelated paragraphs in that news and concluded that Iran has a supersonic drone that can fly thousands of km and shoot down aerial targets.

This is not our fault when you misunderstand the news. But that is no reason to start trolling.

Last edited:
To answer your comments in this and the other thread. Here is the news:

Iran’s drones will now be equipped with high precision smart missiles travelling at supersonic speed, Fars news agency reported today.

“The new drones are capable of destroying different types of aircraft that include fighter jets, drones and helicopters,” Deputy Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami was quoted as saying by Fars.

“Teharan’s new indigenous drones can fly thousands of kilometers and are equipped with precision smart missiles that can capture images and transmit them directly or indirectly to on-ground stations,” Lieutenant Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami said.

Iran has also developed a missile-evading drone called ‘Sarallah’ that escapes thermal and air-to-air missile power in January 2015. It had unveiled a new drone named Sadeq 1 which can fly at supersonic speeds last September.

The supersonic speed in the first paragraph refers to the smart missiles not the drone. It says: "high precision smart missiles travelling at supersonic speed" which makes sense. An AA missile should be able to flay at supersonic speed or it will never catch its target. No propaganda here unless you doubt Iran's ability to produce supersonic missiles.

2nd paragraph, yes if a drone can carry and fire AA missiles, then theoretically it can shoot down all of those flying objects. Again we know that Shahed 129 and Fotros are both large enough to carry AA missiles. So I don't see any issues here either. This is a credible claim to me. The drone can fire a heat seeking missile at the general direction of its target and there is a possibility that it may hit the target. No one has talked about 100% rate of success or BVR capacity here.

3rd paragraph is talking about "Teharan’s new indigenous drones" in general. Again nothing incredible here. Shahed 129 and Fotros both can do what is claimed here.

4th paragraph is new information. It says there is a new drone called Srallah that can escape thermal and air to air missiles. We have not see it yet so I can't confirm if it is true or not. It is not strange for a drone to be able to release flares and chaffs so I choose to believe what they claim. You may choose not too.

The other news to us there is another drone called Sadeq 1 which can fly at supersonic speed. We have not seen this drone. As I have mentioned in the first page it may be a simple media confusion as usual.

Now getting back to your comment

It seems to me that you have taken one word from four totally unrelated paragraphs in that news and concluded that Iran has a supersonic drone drone that can fly thousands of km and shoot down aerial targets.

This is not our fault when you misunderstand the news. But that is no reason to start trolling.

a new drone named Sadeq 1 which can fly at supersonic speeds
Drone flying above mach 1.... no such drone ever created.
yes if a drone can carry and fire AA missiles, then theoretically it can shoot down all of those flying objects.
Nope, it can't if lacks radars...if you are talking about Stingers..a drone can not detect an incoming air-craft with a simple flir unless it intentionally flies in very close proximity..that's why jet-fighters carry radars.

4th paragraph is new information. It says there is a new drone called Srallah that can escape thermal and air to air missiles.
Flares and Chaffs, were being used for evading 3rd generation missiles which was being used decades ago. You can't simply evade a Python-5(WVR) or Amraam(BWR) missile unless your are using sophisticated electronic counter measures.

To put into simple words, all of the AA missiles that is in the inventory of the Tuaf can down that drone.

Instead of trying hard to justify fantasies with your limited knowledge, channel your energy into learning systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drone flying above mach 1.... no such drone ever created.

It is possible only If a jet powered target drone will be introduced as an UAV bro. It was done by Iranian officials in past.

Theory don't lead like you thought.

-If the missile to be launched by UAV, is IIR guided, Detecting/Locking an aircraft by low speed UAV's FLIR without destroyed, must be a serious thing Guinness record book should note. Addition, IIR guidance on SAM and A2A missiles are effectively used on terminal phase to just increase accuracy to correct the RF.

-If the missile to be launched by UAV, is radar guided, There is not a possiblity like that.

-If the missile to be launched by UAV, is lazer guided, Illuminating the target with UAV's FLIR until missile reaches the target is also impossible. Lazer guidance are mostly used on missiles to be launched against land targets.

-If the missile has Milimetric wave guidance (I don't suppose Iran has this technology because Iran didn't order any MMW radar in past), The UAV itself should host a MMW radar on fuselage.

Last edited:

To escape current generation missiles, Aircrafts carry hundreds of kg electronic hardware which is perfectly controlled by EW central computers to analize coming missile guidance to generate a counter measure technic in accordance with guidance type as soon as possible. Processing ability/speed of central computer to generate best technics within seconds will enable to save life/money and Such an advanced systems can't even guarantee survival. That's why Aircrafts are covered 360 degree sensors like MWR, LWR and others.

That's the electronic warfare payload of Atak helicopter B variant carries. It would be possible only If you have infastructure/experience enough to develop such sensor/systems on lower weights and integrate all of them to your UAV's. I don't suppose It has capacity enough to carry such big payload.

Aselsan Ozisik
ews.jpg

You believe everything is as simple as your officials' statements but Nothing is that simple.

Last edited:
My Iranian bros, I just have found these pictures that shows your shahed-129 male drones are operating in Iraq! these pics have been taken in an Airbase in iraq. you guys really have made huge progress in UAV's field, its amazing.

1601056_449512148545254_4468525531965882267_n.jpg

12881_449512185211917_7598462754933664652_n.jpg

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom