What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

It is possible only If a jet powered target drone will be introduced as an UAV bro. It was done by Iranian officials in past.

Theory don't lead like you thought.

-If the missile to be launched by UAV, is IIR guided, Detecting/Locking an aircraft by low speed UAV's FLIR without destroyed, must be a serious thing Guinness record book should note. Addition, IIR guidance on SAM and A2A missiles are effectively used on terminal phase to just increase accuracy to correct the RF.

-If the missile to be launched by UAV, is radar guided, There is not a possiblity like that.

-If the missile to be launched by UAV, is lazer guided, Illuminating the target with UAV's FLIR until missile reaches the target is also impossible. Lazer guidance are mostly used on missiles to be launched against land targets.

-If the missile has Milimetric wave guidance (I don't suppose Iran has this technology because Iran didn't order any MMW radar in past), The UAV itself should host a MMW radar on fuselage.
Nobody said it is supposed to shoot down F-22s. It can be used against other drones, choppers or surveillance aircrafts and etc that don't have air combat capacity. In that case, it can get close enough and can fire its IIR guided missiles.

But there are other solutions as well.

How do US Predators perform precision strikes at ground targets? Besides using GPS, usually a special force member marks the target with laser beam and then the nearby drone fires the missile towards the target.

Same can be done here. The drone can be guided towards the target using ground based radars. When the drone is close enough, the target can be marked with a ground based tracking radar. Then the drone can fire the missile towards the target.

This is one of the many possibilities that I can think of. There is nothing more published about how it does it or how effective it is. So whatever you and I are talking about is only our own stipulations. But I'm not a fan of the common belief that since it has not been done before by others, then it won't be done in the future or by a country like Iran.

My Iranian bros, I just have found these pictures that shows your shahed-129 male drones are operating in Iraq! these pics have been taken in an Airbase in iraq. you guys really have made huge progress in UAV's field, its amazing.

1601056_449512148545254_4468525531965882267_n.jpg

12881_449512185211917_7598462754933664652_n.jpg

Shahed-129 doesn't have a bulge on the place where wings connected to body. How do you know They are Shahed-129 but not USA Predators ot Chinese Yilong ?

Shahed-129
1.jpg

Predator
predatorb_1.jpg

Chinese Yilong
Yilong-Pterodactyl-UAV.jpg

“Teharan’s new indigenous drones can fly thousands of kilometers and are equipped with precision smart missiles that can capture images and transmit them directly or indirectly to on-ground stations,”
Thousands of kilometers?!!! Good job Iran.

Nobody said it is supposed to shoot down F-22s. It can be used against other drones, choppers or surveillance aircrafts and etc that don't have air combat capacity. In that case, it can get close enough and can fire its IIR guided missiles.

But there are other solutions as well.

How do US Predators perform precision strikes at ground targets? Besides using GPS, usually a special force member marks the target with laser beam and then the nearby drone fires the missile towards the target.

Same can be done here. The drone can be guided towards the target using ground based radars. When the drone is close enough, the target can be marked with a ground based tracking radar. Then the drone can fire the missile towards the target.

This is one of the many possibilities that I can think of. There is nothing more published about how it does it or how effective it is. So whatever you and I are talking about is only our own stipulations. But I'm not a fan of the common belief that since it has not been done before by others, then it won't be done in the future or by a country like Iran.

Precision strike on ground targets are not a new capability. If FLIR has lazer pointer, Operator can illuminate a ground target to drop a lazer guided bomb/missile over it. It can be droped to a target which is illuminated by other vehicles as well. Additions to that, IIR guided missiles can also be fired thanks to onboard FLIR's detection/tracking capabilities.

I am talking about engaging aircrafts thanks to onboard AA missiles to be fired by UAV. I listed the missiles and their types to tell operability possibilities on UAV's. To attack a target which was locked by a ground radar/aircraft radar, You should establish one of the most sophisticated C4ISR and Link16/22 capabilities in your airforces. Today, There are a few NATO nation which has such capabilities. Turkey is also inside on that nations.

Shahed-129 doesn't have a bulge on the place where wings connected to body. How do you know They are Shahed-129 but not USA Predators ot Chinese Yilong ?

Shahed-129
1.jpg

Predator
predatorb_1.jpg

Chinese Yilong
Yilong-Pterodactyl-UAV.jpg

As drones are covered in the pictures, I cant see they have bulge or not and even if they would have a bulge, maybe they are new model of shahed-129. long time had been past sinceThey unveiled shahed-129, it's rational they change something in them.
the shape of tails in predator are completely different, also the nose and we all know iran is fighting in iraq against ISIS, so the only remained option is shahed-129.

As drones are covered in the pictures, I cant see they have bulge or not and even if they would have a bulge, maybe they are new model of shahed-129. long time had been past sinceThey unveiled shahed-129, it's rational they change something in them.
the shape of tails in predator are completely different, also the nose and we all know iran is fighting in iraq against ISIS, so the only remained option is shahed-129.

I think Iranian officials wouldn't wait a second to introduce If Industry developed a new UAV but The bulge over wings are completely different than Shahed-129 which make me think It is either Chinese or American UAV's. It is also known that USA help Iraqi army to fight against ISIS and Using Iraqi bases as far as I know.

@cabatli_53

The problem is Iran does not reveal specific details of the weapon systems. I have already explained to you why that is the case. By specific details I do not mean ranges and so one but the sort of details you're after, i.e details on electronics etc. It's just not something Iran does. Countries like Turkey advertise her systems for exports, Iran is not in that same position. Not only can Iran not export her systems due to sanctions but it would be foolish of Iran to just reveal excess information about the systems. That does not mean the systems you see are not modern and so on. For example, Iran first stated she has an anti radiation ballistic missile, but only years later did she show it and even showed a small glimpse of inside the missile, but even then, they stated nothing about details of the seeker.

34j4zug.jpg

2qbzr80.jpg

In the UAV case, I would not buy too much into this whole "missile escaping" capability. This could just be another case of mistranslation. Iranian UAV industry is pretty advanced but we've seen nothing yet to suggest the existence of such capability yet. It may happen soon, but so far I've seen nothing.

Take a look landing gears for examples. They are also completely different.

Shahed-129
TH30-DRONE_1601181f.jpg

Unknown object
12881_449512185211917_7598462754933664652_n.jpg

Thousands of kilometers?!!! Good job Iran.

Thousands of kilometres is nothing out of the ordinary for MALE type UAV's which Iran has. But of course for Iranian UAV's to actually travel those full distances from Iran and remain in communication with operators Iran would need satellites which Iran does not possess yet.

Thousands of kilometres is nothing out of the ordinary for MALE type UAV's which Iran has. But of course for Iranian UAV's to actually travel those full distances from Iran and remain in communication with operators Iran would need satellites which Iran does not possess yet.
Yes, it is an extremely impressive feat. considering even F-15 has combat radius of 1200KM. So if this drone can travel "thousands of kilometers" ( i assume thousands means at least 2000km minimum ) then it is a great feat of Irani engineering. The world can learn a lot from Iran.

Yes, it is an extremely impressive feat. considering even F-15 has combat radius of 1200KM. So if this drone can travel "thousands of kilometers" ( i assume thousands means at least 2000km minimum ) then it is a great feat of Irani engineering. The world can learn a lot from Iran.

Instead of trying to act like a wise kid maybe educate yourself before making a fool out of yourself. Vast majority of MALE uav's have such ranges. The facts that you don't even see the difference between a jet powered fighter like F-15 and a UAV like shahed shows how clueless you are. Run along kid, I don't have time to educate you.

Instead of trying to act like a wise kid maybe educate yourself before making a fool out of yourself. Vast majority of MALE uav's have such ranges. The facts that you don't even see the difference between a jet powered fighter like F-15 and a UAV like shahed shows how clueless you are. Run along kid, I don't have time to educate you.
MQ-1 predator's range is 1100KM, but whatever. No need to get insulted, i am just stating facts. You should instead try to dissociate yourself from big claims that embarrass Iran.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom