What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Lack of optical seeker and/or guidance kit in the back tells me it's just a 'dumb' bomb.

250px-Bolt_117_HAFB_Museum.jpg

It likely has multimodal guidance including inertia, GPS and also Laser. Most of our weapons rely on more than one mode of guidance. I do see the Laser sensor. Compare it with the original gimballed Laser sensor in the original GBU above.

The slight shape difference is because Iran does not use hysteresis based controller (Heaviside bang bang controller). Maybe that is what you were looking for.

Last edited:
I think it's just a mk82. You can see the fuse and cable. The fins at the back don't look movable to me
iu

iu

Is your problem the fins in the back or the Laser sensor?
Then what would be the value of having a Laser sensor if the fins are static?

Last edited:
I think it's just a mk82. You can see the fuse and cable. The fins at the back don't look movable to me
iu

iu

Mark 82 has moving fins too and also can have add on guidance. Why should a fuse have the odd shape like that?

The fuse is inside the tip. Sensor is outside the tip. Kindly see the structure of Mark 82 below:

rADQLsOmF8DQd8p1uShv2XZAk0KfJiJkrCOCmig5zEhG1LV17tUc0Ltoj9lFZMRGF5xe3NZibUikAFS8hMCWHToFJt07hDE5A7VBh32oRl4YVAItu2SGFSkvknrLXLVwizKCnxZvcxivKCcC

r410YCgvUamhzBPZErbcCxINT87HhivdE6HiF59oJfSuV2hLdR1BYRMEzhZ9dyDrqyfiUx2assVaD4eb35G9Ajus3rr8guSkVdLBuPm3fzm4ageLaa9qN4C8-NF6BgcHbrlTOCqfP8xk9qR3

Laser designator, GBU needs something to be lasing the target in order for it to hit.
oh yes well Iran already said there drones have leaser designator they said 2 years ago when they attacked a terrorist group in Iraq

Look at Karrar in picture. It does not have FLIR nor a designator.

dose this one have a FLIR? No it dose not

Shahed-181-191-Drones-1024x522.png

dose this one have a FLIR? yes it dose ( same drone but they hide there FLIR in there body until they reach there target )

0qAscElKUO36u7BX.jpg

actually in this picture you can see where is Karrar FLIR, there is big hole the body

A9-Z78gMm_guAQL0ZzBf3H8Ucj4wFwLubp2pTrWsh-nAJQiHinDW1ZRqMtJ3u0_JphlKCFb76JVj_Qf68U6w47cYRfjg0pSsgZtDk6BX5T_-5gKdPIsVWAkvSY4ksjYh

Look at Karrar in picture. It does not have FLIR nor a designator.

Karrar has embedded camera inside the tip. The black tip cover is an optical filter similar to a cruise missile.

Please observe the attached picture and you can faintly see more than one camera likely optical and IR. It is a one sided optical filter and it is not as dark from inside.

Attachments

• C6F2C882-EE0F-4989-8E89-A8B7A79A5AF8.jpeg
    C6F2C882-EE0F-4989-8E89-A8B7A79A5AF8.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Karrar has embedded camera inside the tip. The black tip cover is an optical filter similar to a cruise missile.

Please observe the attached picture and you can faintly see more than one camera likely optical and IR. It is a one sided optical filter and it is not as dark from inside.

Yes you are correct, it has camera (which is obvious from the test drop footage).

But not a high dedicated FLIR and unless they somehow managed to stick a laser designator in the nose, someone had to laser the test site.

actually in this picture you can see where is Karrar FLIR, there is big hole the body

A9-Z78gMm_guAQL0ZzBf3H8Ucj4wFwLubp2pTrWsh-nAJQiHinDW1ZRqMtJ3u0_JphlKCFb76JVj_Qf68U6w47cYRfjg0pSsgZtDk6BX5T_-5gKdPIsVWAkvSY4ksjYh

I have never see a picture of a FLIR on a Karrar.

I might be wrong here, but Karrar is an old old drone hence why it never had a FLIR in its original design.

@Shawnee @skyshadow

It doesn’t have a extendable FLIR. See 0:23 of video below. It has a potential sensor package on some Karrar.

Rest of the video you can see footage of the quality of camera.

Yes you are correct, it has camera (which is obvious from the test drop footage).

But not a high dedicated FLIR and unless they somehow managed to stick a laser designator in the nose, someone had to laser the test site.

An external big FLIR could have negative aerodynamic effect at 900 km/h. Embedded camera is a better choice for Karrar.

Back
Top Bottom