What's new

Iranian Space program

is it really that important that doosti has a little better solar panels when it will orbit for 20-30 days at best anyway?

do you have source for sharif-2 with 5m resolution? i thought the best current resolution was 10-15m

they should build sharif-3 then with <5m resolution and the better solar panels, not like the government will let them launch a satellite any time soon anyway!

sharif -2 will orbit the earth at 500 km. yes they have to make sharif-3

ماهواره تصویربرداری طراحی شده قبلی دارای قدرت تفکیک (رزولوشن) ۱۰۰ سانتیمتر و کیفیت سیاه و سفید بود اما قدرت تفکیک ماهواره شریف ست ۵ متر بوده و عکس رنگی ارایه می‌دهد.

ماهواره شریف ست قرار است به در مدار لئو و در شعاع ۲۵۰ تا ۵۰۰ کیلومتری زمین قرار ‌گیرد. این ماهواره مجهز به دوربین تصویربرداری است که قادر به تصویربرداری با کیفیت رنگی مناسب، وضوح بالا و کمتر از ۱۰ متر است و با کد کردن به زمین داده‌های به دست آمده را مخابره می کند.

https://donya-e-eqtesad.com/بخش-سایت-خوان-62/2767453-ماهواره-شریف-ست-آماده-پرتاب-شد

131682_732.jpg

https://www.parsine.com/fa/news/102132/شریف-ست-یکی-از-سه-ماهواره-ایرانی-در-نوبت-پرتاب-قرار-دارد

افزود: ماهواره قبلی پرتاب شده دارای قدرت تفکیک (رزولیشن) 100 سانتیمتر و کیفیت سیاه و سفید بود، اما قدرت تفکیک ماهواره شریف ست پنج متر بوده و کیفیت عکس رنگی را ارایه می دهد.

وی افزود: این ماهواره پس از پرتاب در مدار ژئو و ارتفاع 500 کیلومتری از سطح زمین قرار خواهد گرفت.

ماهواره تصویربرداری طراحی شده قبلی دارای قدرت تفکیک (رزولوشن) ۱۰۰ سانتیمتر و کیفیت سیاه و سفید بود اما قدرت تفکیک ماهواره شریف ست ۵ متر بوده و عکس رنگی ارایه می‌دهد.

ماهواره شریف ست قرار است به در مدار لئو و در شعاع ۲۵۰ تا ۵۰۰ کیلومتری زمین قرار ‌گیرد. این ماهواره مجهز به دوربین تصویربرداری است که قادر به تصویربرداری با کیفیت رنگی مناسب، وضوح بالا و کمتر از ۱۰ متر است و با کد کردن به زمین داده‌های به دست آمده را مخابره می کند.

https://donya-e-eqtesad.com/بخش-سایت-خوان-62/2767453-ماهواره-شریف-ست-آماده-پرتاب-شد

131682_732.jpg

https://www.parsine.com/fa/news/102132/شریف-ست-یکی-از-سه-ماهواره-ایرانی-در-نوبت-پرتاب-قرار-دارد

افزود: ماهواره قبلی پرتاب شده دارای قدرت تفکیک (رزولیشن) 100 سانتیمتر و کیفیت سیاه و سفید بود، اما قدرت تفکیک ماهواره شریف ست پنج متر بوده و کیفیت عکس رنگی را ارایه می دهد.

وی افزود: این ماهواره پس از پرتاب در مدار ژئو و ارتفاع 500 کیلومتری از سطح زمین قرار خواهد گرفت.
1m for B&W? that's awesome, Israel's latest spy satellite (ofek-11) is 0.5m resolution and produces quality like this in B&W (of syria's presidential palace):

palace-640x400.jpg

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-ta...tellite-photos-of-syrian-presidential-palace/

i don't think we should build any satellite that has a resolution >10m now, should focus on getting as close to 1m as possible and SUT should work together with ISA for that rather than build their own satellites separately

1m for B&W? that's awesome, Israel's latest spy satellite (ofek-11) is 0.5m resolution and produces quality like this in B&W (of syria's presidential palace):

palace-640x400.jpg

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-ta...tellite-photos-of-syrian-presidential-palace/

i don't think we should build any satellite that has a resolution >10m now, should focus on getting as close to 1m as possible and SUT should work together with ISA for that rather than build their own satellites separately
yes it is awesome and that was from 5 years ago. agreed

palace-640x400.jpg

Yes,building the satellites should be a multi institutional collaborative effort where each institute can contribute what its best at,ie optics,solar panels and power systems,inertial guidance and navigation,software,etc,to produce the best systems possible and then successfully integrate them into the best possible satellite.
Communications sats will also need to be priorities along with imaging recon sats.

Yes,building the satellites should be a multi institutional collaborative effort where each institute can contribute what its best at,ie optics,solar panels and power systems,inertial guidance and navigation,software,etc,to produce the best systems possible and then successfully integrate them into the best possible satellite.
Communications sats will also need to be priorities along with imaging recon sats.
using israel as comparison, its ofek spy satellites weigh around 300kg with resolution approx 0.5m and are sent into LEO with a life span of 5 years. simorgh has payload capacity of 350kg and we have satellite with 1m resolution (B&W) already, so once we fix third 'stage' problems with simorgh we should be able to do this immediately if i'm not mistaken

comms sats appear to be significantly heavier and will need far more powerful SLVs

palace-640x400.jpg

Not all satellites require <5meter resolution to complete their task.

Some geographical/agricultural/environmental satellites don’t need such a fine tuned resolution.

If I remember correctly some of Iran’s first sats are too be used for that very purpose.

With the advent of commercial recon satellite services worldwide. IRGC can get images through third party sources. Hence why there hasn’t been a great drive to build spy satellites.

Rest assured if IRGC thought that having such a capability would give it a significant advantage over its current capabilities, it would have prioritized their development. But 10 years later not a single spy satellite project has been announced.

Simorgh is not designed for GTO/GEO orbits. So its just regular third stage.

Infact simorgh's current design is experimental... The goal is mastering technologies needed for orbital missions

I seriously doubt 100cm claim about our older satellite , those satellites are earth observation satellite for evaluating environmental change fr example these are for Sina-1
The miniaturized 160-kilogram reconnaissance satellite was put into a sun synchronous near-polar orbit and will image the surface with a 50m (pan) with 50 km swath and 250m resolution of MSS with 500 km swath resolution.

maybe that's 100m and some one mistook it for 100cm and the head of Sharif university when talked was talking about improving the resolution from 100m to 5m while reducing the weight of the satellite to 1/3rd of the older satellites like Sina-1

Not all satellites require <5meter resolution to complete their task.

Some geographical/agricultural/environmental satellites don’t need such a fine tuned resolution.

If I remember correctly some of Iran’s first sats are too be used for that very purpose.

With the advent of commercial recon satellite services worldwide. IRGC can get images through third party sources. Hence why there hasn’t been a great drive to build spy satellites.

Rest assured if IRGC thought that having such a capability would give it a significant advantage over its current capabilities, it would have prioritized their development. But 10 years later not a single spy satellite project has been announced.
no recon satellite company is going to sell up to date images to IRGC, especially not of israel

turkey bought one satellite from an italian company and israel supplied some of its components and israel told the company to make sure it wouldnt work when it was over israel, but you think some spy company is going to deal with IRGC

if you add some more intermediaries maybe, but of israel? unlikely, and still useless because it would be too out of date by the time you get it

maybe that's 100m and some one mistook it for 100cm and the head of Sharif university when talked was talking about improving the resolution from 100m to 5m while reducing the weight of the satellite to 1/3rd of the older satellites like Sina-1
good point, pars-1 is definitely 15m resolution though

no recon satellite company is going to sell up to date images to IRGC, especially not of israel

turkey bought one satellite from an italian company and israel supplied some of its components and israel told the company to make sure it wouldnt work when it was over israel, but you think some spy company is going to deal with IRGC

if you add some more intermediaries maybe, but of israel? unlikely, and still useless because it would be too out of date by the time you get it

good point, pars-1 is definitely 15m resolution though

First off Google Earth shows Israel. So let’s not act like getting satellite images of countries is hard work these days. Even a recent commercial satellite company revealed sensitive Turkish/NATO military sites and what did the company do at turkeys request? They blurred the buildings lol, as if that would do anything.

Lastly what does Iran need spy satellites for? A military base isn’t going to just disappear over night or become “out of date”. Iran isn’t tracking a secret nuclear program of another country or trying to located underground missile factories. It’s main enemies are Saudi Arabia, US, and Israel all of whom Iran has done countless intelligence gathering over in the last 30 years.

But Yes, Iran could likely purchase satellite images from Russia/China fairly easily. This isn’t 1980 Iraq war era.

Eventually Iran will get spy satellites due to being convient. But in the meantime they have zero rush. Not to mention during war spy satellites and communication satellites become targets of cyber warfare. So Iran would need state of art cyber protection if it wishes to actually be able to use the satellites during conflict.

^

good luck finding any military sites in israel on open access recon sources

good luck getting recent and frequent satellite imagery of anything actually useful from Russia, even if you sign a contract with Russia for that maybe in 10 years if you sue them enough they'll send a few images from 10 years ago

spy satellites have never been attacked you're talking speculative nonsense as usual

Can anyone shed some light on ghaem I'm not talking about fictitious stuff, but hardcore engineer stuff. Any test launches?

Can anyone shed some light on ghaem I'm not talking about fictitious stuff, but hardcore engineer stuff. Any test launches?
no, it doesn't exist yet but it is a planned design for the future (simorgh SLV can carry up to 350kg to LEO but hasn't done so yet, then sarir SLV will be next apparently)

no, it doesn't exist yet but it is a planned design for the future (simorgh SLV can carry up to 350kg to LEO but hasn't done so yet, then sarir SLV will be next apparently)
Hi,
Actually I'm an aerospace engineer myself. I just love these things. I am a huge fan of India's space research efforts. I always compare our efforts with that of China. Its nice to know that Iran is also in the race. After coming to this thread, I gotta know that Iran is actually working on something serious - ghaem. Unfortunately it exists only in forums. If you guys can shed some light, it'll be really helpful. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi,
Actually I'm an aerospace engineer myself. I just love these things. I am a huge fan of India's slave research efforts. I always compare our efforts with that of China. Its nice to know that Iran is also in the race. After coming to this thread, I gotta know that Iran is actually working on something serious - ghaem. Unfortunately it exists only in forums. If you guys can shed some light, it'll be really helpful. Thanks in advance
Iran is not in the race - space is not a priority for us because of sanctions: the space budget has been decimated to almost zero ($7m from $80m a few years ago!). Our limit is sending 350kg satellites to LEO with Simorgh for the next 10 years with a launch every 1-2 years in my opinion.

We already have to do everything ourselves with no help from anyone because of sanctions and we have to do it with a ridiculously low budget, so we have the capacity but cannot expect much whilst sanctions apply unfortunately, but who knows, hopefully they prove me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom