What's new

Iranian Space program

There are better quality images at irna web site, published in orginal quality, seems better than 10m resolution
View attachment 842907
Fascinating.

Now here's the question, since I am not well versed in this subject.

If you fire a Sat at LEO, in this case 500km out I think. It is not stationary, and will be circling the earth at an orbit. In this case, how often would you be able to take pictures of the same area to monitor changes from the previous days

And if I am not mistaken, the orbit may not always cross near the target area? Which means you may have to wait until it does to take a photo? In the case of a LEO sat, you would have a few days delay between pictures?

And another thing, once the photo is taken how long would it presumably take for the image to actually be transferred to the ground station. Is that a long process?

Last edited:

Fascinating.

If you fire a Sat at LEO, in this case 500km out I think. It is not stationary, and will be circling the earth at an orbit. In this case, how often would you be able to take pictures of the same area to monitor changes from the previous days

And if I am not mistaken, the orbit may not always cross near the target area? Which means you may have to wait until it does to take a photo? In the case of a LEO sat, you would have a few days delay between pictures?

And another thing, once the photo is taken how long would it presumably take for the image to actually be transferred to the ground station. Is that a long process?
Screenshot 2022-05-11 013656.png
Screenshot 2022-05-11 013656_1.png

the period is way too low for 500 km LEO. On the contrary, to be remain in 500 km LEO against gravity, the vehicle must achieve centrifugal force enough to balance two forces, so the necessary velocity is quit high.
Screenshot 2022-05-11 013656_2.png

Jeez, I wonder how it's possible to even take pictures while traveling at such speeds.
yeah this is my question too, how do they can achieve a image in such velocity while both objects are in relative motion, the motion blur effect and the algorithm they use to process the the image and render a proper frame, or there many passes is required to complete a full render, they just merge the segments in post processing stage...

Another thing to keep in mind is that the quality of pictures Iran is publishing on twitter are not the same quality they receive obviously. The pictures shown by Iran are just to prove naysayers wrong and to prove that the satellite is functioning and taking decent pictures. Only 11 countries have been able to put satellites in space on their own. Iran is one of them.

Fascinating.

Fascinating.

Noor and Noor 2 are orbiting 12-15 times every Day Around earth

"Iran unveiled new sat" should be the title

PS : found Original article

President Rayeesi unveiled Orum SAT, which has been built at Roshd (Growth) Center of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in Urmia.

The young inventors explained manufacturing and performance of ultra-light aircrafts, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and satellite during the visit.

Orum SAT with the highest resolution has the capability to be placed in Earth orbit with spending 600k dollars, which is very economical in comparison to similar models made by other countries.

Last edited:
Orum SAT with the highest resolution has the capability to be placed in Earth orbit with spending 600k dollars, which is very economical in comparison to similar models made by other countries.
Well, we had seen it's model before, back then they stated that it has a 10m resolution and can achieve 4m resolution using software processing.

Well, we had seen it's model before, back then they stated that it has a 10m resolution and can achieve 4m resolution using software processing.
Ooops, sorry if it's old news ....

For perspective, civilian commercial satellite is available at 20 cm resolution along with SAR and radar capture.

So Iran might have <1m resolution within next couple years.

No rush since we still lack a launcher with a significant track record of success.

Back
Top Bottom