What's new

Iranian Space program

It is spy satellite,at 500km orbit they can built decent spy satellite that weight 10-20kg,multi-spectrum cameras ,solar panel and data link..that is it,

Another 8 KG satellite into space ? What's the point ? The picture quality is not even sufficient enough to show hot aircraft on parking aprons. Google earth has better image quality and in this day and age it's not difficult to access up to the date, quality satellite imagery.

I mean it's a start and a morale boost for sure. Also having two Noor satellites in space instead of 1 enables the IRGC to acquire an image once every 45 minutes instead of 90 minutes with one satellite. Anyways let's see if they're actually able to place a 100 or 200 kg payload into orbit.
well it seems they going to launch with more powerful missile as seen in the picture

Will be called something different
No i do not think so, as IRGC said "we are going to have a family of Nour satellites in orbit"

It is spy satellite,at 500km orbit they can built decent spy satellite that weight 10-20kg,multi-spectrum cameras ,solar panel and data link..that is it,
Is 500km good? I'm not well versed in this topic.

Issue with low earth orbit (LEO) is the satellite moves across the earth and thus let’s say circulates the earth every 7 mins (example).

A GSO orbit is in the same velocity as the earth thus stationary to a single point basically. This allows 24/7 monitoring of a particular area (ie Middle East)

So GSO is more preferred for real time recon sats, but LEO is also used as well. GEO is like GSO but it orbits the equator where as GSO is stationary fixed.

Iran currently doesn’t have enough powerful rockets for GSO/GEO (36,000KM)

Last edited:
All spy satellites are in Leo, and seems People dont understand it is not about HD images.. It is about having own resource in time of war, real time or at least with little delay.. You dont need HD images for, let say targeting purpose or navigation...messurement.. Even with satellites that only purpose is to Ping, with ground stations and device onboard UAV or missile, you can triangulate and do lot of things.. With few sattelites you have Limited timeframe to Use it since you must wait orbit to allign but it is still your asset no one can shut down. For image comparation and calculations you dont need any better images than those,SO..

But an 8 KG spy satellite is not going to be sufficient for Iran. Like I said Omid weighed 27 KG and that was placed into orbit in 2008 with the first Safir SLV. Hopefully the Zuljanah SLV will work out so that Iran can actually begin surpassing thresholds. Placing a 100 - 200 KG satellite into space will be a good step forward for Iran.

In my opinion they should try to progress gradually. Place a 50 KG satellite into space with Zuljanah, then 100, then 150, then 200. It's like going up a flight of stairs. You can leap up but you might fall and break your bones. If you go up the stairs step by step, it increases the likelihood of success.

All spy satellites are in Leo, and seems People dont understand it is not about HD images.. It is about having own resource in time of war, real time or at least with little delay.. You dont need HD images for, let say targeting purpose or navigation...messurement.. Even with satellites that only purpose is to Ping, with ground stations and device onboard UAV or missile, you can triangulate and do lot of things.. With few sattelites you have Limited timeframe to Use it since you must wait orbit to allign but it is still your asset no one can shut down. For image comparation and calculations you dont need any better images than those,SO..

But an 8 KG spy satellite is not going to be sufficient for Iran. Like I said Omid weighed 27 KG and that was placed into orbit in 2008 with the first Safir SLV. Hopefully the Zuljanah SLV will work out so that Iran can actually begin surpassing thresholds. Placing a 100 - 200 KG satellite into space will be a good step forward for Iran.

In my opinion they should try to progress gradually. Place a 50 KG satellite into space with Zuljanah, then 100, then 150, then 200. It's like going up a flight of stairs. You can leap up but you might fall and break your bones. If you go up the stairs step by step, it increases the likelihood of success.
Spy satellites are not big in general, and they dont carry a lot of equipment, Omid and other satellites Iranian civil agency lunched had a lot of equipment military doesnt need... Now, Iran Will need biger military satellites,ofcourse I dont question that, and we dont Know weight of Noor 1 or 2,all we have are some rumors based on SLV, but margin for wrong calculation is not small.. Noor could be 10 or 30kg...IF you Explorer little, you will find out there are Micro satellites out there that carry only data link...wight under 3kg...

Last edited:
Nour-1 and 2 are likely 6u cutesat satellites. Each u weighs no more than 1.33 KG. Nour is like no heavier than 8 KG. Again Omid was 27 KG in 2008 so...

Spy satellites are not big in general, and they dont carry a lot of equipment, Omid and other satellites Iranian civil agency lunched had a lot of equipment military doesnt need... Now, Iran Will need biger military satellites,ofcourse I dont question that, and we dont Know weight of Noor 1 or 2,all we have are some rumors based on SLV, but margin for wrong calculation is not small.. Noor could be 10 or 30kg...IF you Explorer little, you will find out there are Micro satellites out there that carry only data link...wight under 3kg...

Btw for those who are curious, Nour-1 can be tracked on this website. Nour-2 isn't on their list yet.

nour.jpg

Nour-1 and 2 are likely 6u cutesat satellites. Each u weighs no more than 1.33 KG. Nour is like no heavier than 8 KG. Again Omid was 27 KG in 2008 so...
How do you Know what noor look Like and how much it weight, stop claiming Something you dont Know... Even IF it is 6u cube satellite... You can built own cube satellites that weight as much as you need, or want... Just because some cube satellites weight 8kg means nothing... I was always in Wonder how much nonsense People post here as fact, without any evedence... Cube 6u satelite can weight as much as you want, and can be big as much as you want...I can point you to different 6u cubesat designs weight from 300 gram up to 20kg...I am not pointing to you when talking about lot of information posted here without any real evidence.. People Just look for closest resemblence and Use it as it is fact.. As I Said, Just because Nasa or some one has 6u cubesat design weight 8 or 9kg means nothing.. I Know from My head, without even searching, there are 12 and 18kg 6u cubesat.. Also pleanty other design.. 1u..3u..12u
To be clear, I am not saying Noor is 20 or 30kg...but no one can claim neither it is 8 or 9kg because that information was not published, it May be but, as I Said, it was always strane for me, how much information People Just Use as facts without anything real as reference..

Last edited:
@K210 Next time you are sitting in a "North Korean" synagogue..praying for Iranian space failures..remember NOOR-2 is now taking photos of interesting places and by the way while you are at it tell this fellow ignorant fool (Benny Gantz) that "chabahar" and Qeshem are in the Persian gulf and not in middle of Iran..:azn::azn:
View attachment 821982

lool this is the problem with you iranian folk. Have little success and get way too overconfident. Placing 10-20 kg into 500km orbit when safir was lifting 50kg to similar orbit 10 years ago means iran's space program has gone backward not forward. These qased launches only launch small tumbling webcams into orbit which have worse image resolution than most smartphones probably. Iran's military should just stick to missiles and leave space to the experts in the civil space agency who know what they are doing!

Back
Top Bottom