What's new

Iranian Space program

We already have a queue of satellites waiting to be launched. Judging his words by the history of the Rouhani administration, I think he means that the queue will become longer and 18 satellites will be in queue by the end of the year.
Indeed...,Irans problem is not a lack of satellites to launch but a lack of launchers and launches......,oh and of course the complete gutting of irans civilian space agency by rouhanis administration.
I would think that by now iran would have enough unlaunched satellites to fill a museum.
Realistically until the space program is rebuilt and the bugs are finally worked out in the simorgh,or a new launcher built and successfully tested,it makes little sense to either build yet more satellites or to make unrealistic plans for launches that will clearly never happen at this point.
This huge task will be one of the very many facing rouhanis successor,and its not something that I envy him frankly.

Realistically Iran could fill the air with small research satellites but that's pointless at this point. The current goal now is to actually get to the point where they can put medium sized and then eventually large communication / military satellites up and actually have some kind of network in place that which the military / civilian sectors could actually use. It's difficult right now with the current economic situation and the Covid-19 epidemic. However with the constant attempts and breakthroughs Iran will eventually get there.

Rohani's successor is not going to have as hard of a time as you think. The economy is set to grow in the next year or two according to the World Bank and that's even with the Covid-19 issue. So the new president and administration can take credit for that I suppose, just like Trump took credit for the economic boom in the US despite the fact that when he got to office the economy was already near an all time high.

I saw Trump's recent speech today and he said something like "They're doing too much testing. When they test so much of course they're going to find more cases. It's making us look bad. I'm going to make them do less testing" Something to that extent. It's pretty mind boggling.

Indeed...,Irans problem is not a lack of satellites to launch but a lack of launchers and launches......,oh and of course the complete gutting of irans civilian space agency by rouhanis administration.
I would think that by now iran would have enough unlaunched satellites to fill a museum.
Realistically until the space program is rebuilt and the bugs are finally worked out in the simorgh,or a new launcher built and successfully tested,it makes little sense to either build yet more satellites or to make unrealistic plans for launches that will clearly never happen at this point.
This huge task will be one of the very many facing rouhanis successor,and its not something that I envy him frankly.

Unless we are talking about Cubesat sized satellites, then it is unlikely for such a relatively large number to be made in the stated timeframe. Even if they could do it, the question is should they? First allow the successful launch rate to catch up with the satellite development rate.

Last edited:
Iran military sat. sending 'detailed' photos of US, occupied territories: official

TEHRAN, Jun. 22 (MNA) – Secretary of Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei said that Iran has attained great achievements in the defense sector, while also referring shortly to the country’s power in space.

“Our progress in the front of independence and security is exemplary,” he said while addressing a local ceremony held to commemorate Marty Chamran on Sunday.

“Our military satellite transmits detailed photos from over US and Israeli regime’s sky and our precision missiles have created panic among Americans,” he said.

The remarks come as IRGC placed Iran’s first military satellite, Noor-1, into its designated orbit on April 22, using a home-made three-stage launcher, Qassed-1. While little data has been made available about the Noor-1 and its features, its classification as a multi-purpose satellite with special uses in the defense sector suggests that the IRGC has reached such technological maturity that it can now confidently plan and carry out intelligence warfare and military reconnaissance missions from space while gathering data that helps keep the Iranian skies safe.

Iran has also taken effective steps in boosting its missile technology over the years. The last missile unveiling came on Thursday when the Iranian Navy successfully test-fired a new generation of sea-to-sea and coast-to-sea cruise missiles.

Tehran has highlighted that its defensive prowess is only a tool to deter attacks and defend the nation in case of any confrontation while noting that it will not use this power to wage war against other countries.

MAH/IRN 83829172

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/160048/Iran-military-sat-sending-detailed-photos-of-US-occupied

Lol, @mohsen this Mohsen reminds me of you. Like ALOT o_O

there is a heated Space agency twitter debate. A lot of nice details are elaborated!
https://mobile.twitter.com/barari_ir

this one for example. Prototype for 7000 km orbit enabling infrastructure near completion in months!
The good news is that we will get ride of this traitor government alongside all it's liar Malekesh-ha soon.

Space agency still is where it was 7 years ago, and yet these traitors dare to talk about advancement! they wont say that during all these years Rouhani's traitor government didn't fund space projects, that our researchers had to migrate to foreign countries even UAE to continue their work, wont talk about their silent all these years, their master plan of buying satellites and it's launchers from this and that country, or to send our own sats to museum! wont say that our space rank has fallen from 9nd to 15nd.

When we say young, we mean young management, someone who wouldn't change the path of our ships with a phone call! and that f@cker and JCPOA scavenger barari understands it, yet he prefers to avoid answering through blabbering.

Iran military sat. sending 'detailed' photos of US, occupied territories: official

TEHRAN, Jun. 22 (MNA) – Secretary of Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei said that Iran has attained great achievements in the defense sector, while also referring shortly to the country’s power in space.

“Our progress in the front of independence and security is exemplary,” he said while addressing a local ceremony held to commemorate Marty Chamran on Sunday.

“Our military satellite transmits detailed photos from over US and Israeli regime’s sky and our precision missiles have created panic among Americans,” he said.

The remarks come as IRGC placed Iran’s first military satellite, Noor-1, into its designated orbit on April 22, using a home-made three-stage launcher, Qassed-1. While little data has been made available about the Noor-1 and its features, its classification as a multi-purpose satellite with special uses in the defense sector suggests that the IRGC has reached such technological maturity that it can now confidently plan and carry out intelligence warfare and military reconnaissance missions from space while gathering data that helps keep the Iranian skies safe.

Iran has also taken effective steps in boosting its missile technology over the years. The last missile unveiling came on Thursday when the Iranian Navy successfully test-fired a new generation of sea-to-sea and coast-to-sea cruise missiles.

Tehran has highlighted that its defensive prowess is only a tool to deter attacks and defend the nation in case of any confrontation while noting that it will not use this power to wage war against other countries.

MAH/IRN 83829172

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/160048/Iran-military-sat-sending-detailed-photos-of-US-occupied
I wonder how detailed can photos taken by such a small satellite be?

I wonder how detailed can photos taken by such a small satellite be?

They never officially revealed any information regarding the satellite's specifications so its hard to speculate regarding what level of information they could have obtained. Having said that, I would consider any information obtained to be of value. I am sure the satellite's capabilities can lead to detailed enough images to give them the base minimum for now. This is only the beginning.

The good news is that we will get ride of this traitor government alongside all it's liar Malekesh-ha soon.

Space agency still is where it was 7 years ago, and yet these traitors dare to talk about advancement! they wont say that during all these years Rouhani's traitor government didn't fund space projects, that our researchers had to migrate to foreign countries even UAE to continue their work, wont talk about their silent all these years, their master plan of buying satellites and it's launchers from this and that country, or to send our own sats to museum! wont say that our space rank has fallen from 9nd to 15nd.

When we say young, we mean young management, someone who wouldn't change the path of our ships with a phone call! and that f@cker and JCPOA scavenger barari understands it, yet he prefers to avoid answering through blabbering.

Malehkesh-ha! :D Beautifully said. :D

با اسم و اخبار اژانس فضایی هفت سال غرب رو سر کار گذاشتن و جای دیگه کار اصلی رو کردن
پول جای اصلی کم نشد هیچ وقت
زبل بودن خوب
هشتگ قاصد​

If I remeber corectly Simorgh worked well last 2 times they failed,they said last kick off booster was issue,they reached attlitude but not speed to keep stable orbit...these kick off boosters are not missile stages but kick off boosters and gas vanes attached to sattelite itself that position satellite and boost it speed when it reach attlitude...now with IRGC successfull lunch they may resolve this..

Iran Starts Conceptual Designing of Payam II Satellite

TEHRAN (FNA)- President of Amir Kabir University of Technology Seyed Ahmad Motamedi said that conceptual designing of Iran's new satellite, Payam II, has started.
"The contract for building the satellite has been signed with the Iranian Space Agency and teams have been assembled," Motamedi told FNA on Monday.

He added that Payam II is among the hi-tech and advanced satellites, noting that the contract for execution of the second phase of building the satellite will be inked after the end of the first phase which includes conceptual designing, details and specifications of the satellite and expenses.

In relevant remarks in March, a senior member of Iran’s High Council of Space had said that the country would make a new satellite, called Payam II, within two years.

“The first stage of the construction Payam II satellite, including the conceptual designing and 4 fields of technological development, has ended and the project will end in the product by the year 2022,” Seyed Mostafa Safavi told FNA.

He added that Payam II satellite will be missioned to send images with a resolution of less than one meter, adding that it will be orbited in an altitude of 500km to 600km.

In January, Iran launched its Payam (Message) satellite into space with an aim to collect data on environmental change; however, technical problems that occurred during the final stage of the launch prevented the spacecraft from reaching orbit.

Late in April, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) successfully launched and placed Iran’s first military satellite named Nour 1 (Light 1) into the orbit.

The IRGC fired the satellite aboard Qassed (Carrier) satellite carrier during an operation that was staged in Dasht-e Kavir, Iran’s sprawling Central desert.

The Launcher Qassed is a three-stage launcher using compound solid-liquid fuel.

The satellite was placed into the orbit 425km above Earth’s surface.

The satellite was sent to the space on the anniversary of the IRGC establishment (April 22, 1979).

https://en.farsnews.ir/newstext.aspx?nn=13990409000880

Back
Top Bottom