What's new

Iranian Space program

nobody turn slv into a missile , they usually do the opposite .
If launched at ballistic trajectory it can actually be a missile....especially this SLV with its mobile TEL

It's a potential missile with range up to Europe I guess

If launched at ballistic trajectory it can actually be a missile....especially this SLV with its mobile TEL

this can be , but a very bad one thats why nobody do that.

GOD Damn that is a good quality carbon fiber visible from the picture

EWT6P3NX0Age4PF

Using long range missiles with conventional warheads will be expensive and the CEP of a conventional IRBM at long ranges will be so high that it will have almost no strategic or tactical value compared to its costs. But yeah, it's pretty much the same technology and the success of Iran's satellite launch demonstrates that Iran has the know-how to build IRBMs/ICBMs.

SLVs are not built for re-entry hence why they don’t make suitable BMs.

However, certain technology used in SLV can be incorporated into a ICBM. But it’s not as easy as sticking a warhead on it and calling it a ICBM.

Plus Qased doesn’t have range for an ICBM. At best it is the same Khorramshahr missile in terms of range.

There exist no ICBM with same diameter as Qased. It is impossible. ICBMs have massive first stage engines hence why they all are thick diameter missiles.

Plus Qased doesn’t have range for an ICBM. At best it is the same Khorramshahr missile in terms of range.
How did you calculate its range? Tell me. I'm curious. Even a ballpark is accepted.

How did you calculate its range? Tell me. I'm curious. Even a ballpark is accepted.

Compare the size/thickness of missile to modern ICBMs and you will see it is not close.

Furthermore, as an ICBM it makes zero sense because it combines both liquid and solid stages making it at best a silo ICBM and not a good off terrain ICBM. Hence why Hajjizadeh since next one will be all solid, which means it is possible that next missile was not yet ready for launch testing.

The head of US strategic command said this missile went “very far”. But to me it means this missile may have range up to 3000KM-3500KM assuming a payload of ~750KG. Current missile may have traveled higher because it had a payload less than 250kg.

Hence why I see it as MRBM with similar performance statistics to Khorramshahr. Though I think Khorramshahr-2 might be more powerful than even this. There is a lot we don’t know about Khorramshahr-2 missile.

Again just my guess.

He said first stage will be smaller. Smaller in diameter or length ???
Probably smaller in length so it can more easily use the existing truck-trailer based tels,and frankly I cant really imagine it being any smaller in diameter even if they switch to solid fuel.

Compare the size/thickness of missile to modern ICBMs and you will see it is not close.

Furthermore, as an ICBM it makes zero sense because it combines both liquid and solid stages making it at best a silo ICBM and not a good off terrain ICBM. Hence why Hajjizadeh since next one will be all solid, which means it is possible that next missile was not yet ready for launch testing.

The head of US strategic command said this missile went “very far”. But to me it means this missile may have range up to 3000KM-3500KM assuming a payload of ~750KG. Current missile may have traveled higher because it had a payload less than 250kg.

Hence why I see it as MRBM with similar performance statistics to Khorramshahr. Though I think Khorramshahr-2 might be more powerful than even this. There is a lot we don’t know about Khorramshahr-2 missile.

Again just my guess.

Fair enough, but that remains a guess. I agree that it has to become all solid, but I'm not convinced by your argument about thickness. I mean thickness is definitely important in many areas of life, but a thin 5-stage rocket can go further than a really thick single-stage rocket. :P

Back
Top Bottom