What's new

Iranian Space program

13981112001241_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

Ok now things make sense.

Simorgh is the first stage testbed --> Sarir gets the proper and final second stage --> Soroush is the heavy lift variant with 4 x 0,8m x 10m strap-on boosters.

@SOHEIL

Any news on possible safir launch after simorgh?

for now they say that the Safir is retired! If the 1st simorgh fails there will be another simurgh launch and there are 2 Zafar Sat's (Zafar 1 & Zafar 2) ready.

Since Iran originally planned to send astranaut by 2021 and later planned a 1 ton payload SLV in its 2016-2020 five year plan....we can assume that Sarir will be ready by 2021 (year 1400)

Probably, Sarir will fly for 4-5 years and then in 2026 Soroush will be ready...

I don,t think it will be difficult to build Soroush, since it appears to be the same Sarir but with prolonged first and second stage plus 4 boosters in the first stage.

I just wonder what is the payload of Sarir and Soroush

From what I gathered from the interview of that Space program official, he said the launches of simorgh so far only experimental satellites on them given simorgh itself is still in experimental phase so that way if the launches were successful, they would at least have an experimental satellite in orbit. So the question now is, why are they putting something like Zafar that take years to make on it? Are they confident Simorgh is ready now or is Zafar another experimental satellite?

From what I gathered from the interview of that Space program official, he said the launches of simorgh so far only experimental satellites on them given simorgh itself is still in experimental phase so that way if the launches were successful, they would at least have an experimental satellite in orbit. So the question now is, why are they putting something like Zafar that take years to make on it? Are they confident Simorgh is ready now or is Zafar another experimental satellite?

Of course Zafar is experimental satellite it weights only 110kg and doesn’t even have unfolding solar panels.

Last edited:
Any time line regarding when we can expect to see the next gen SLVs? From my understanding Iran currently has a slot available in GEO but it can expire if Iran does not put a satellite there.

Back
Top Bottom