Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iranian NSA arrives in Pakistan for talks with leadership‏
MATEEN HAIDER — PUBLISHED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
5630847320fbe.jpg
Ali Shamkhani is an influential figure in Tehran for being close to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei. —AFP/File
ISLAMABAD: Iran’s top security official Ali Shamkhani arrived here on Wednesday for talks with Pakistani leadership on security cooperation and border issues.

Shamkhani, who is the secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, is expected to meet Prime Minister Nawaz, Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz and military leaders.

"Matters related to bilateral relations and regional security situation would be discussed during Mr. Shamkhani's meetings with Pakistani leaders," diplomatic sources told DawnNews.

Iran’s Supreme National Security Council is responsible for the Gulf country’s defence and security policies.

Shamkhani is an influential figure in Tehran for being close to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei.

According to a source, Mr Shamkhani’s agenda for the trip includes border security, intelligence-sharing, security cooperation and exploring the prospects of bilateral cooperation after the nuclear-related sanctions are lifted, Dawn newspaper reported.

Islamabad has been hopeful of reviving a stalled gas pipeline project connecting Iran to energy-starved Pakistan, following the signing of a historic nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers.

Earlier in August, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in his visit to Pakistan said that Iran intends to expand economic cooperation with Pakistan, along with increasing regional cooperation and carrying out joint efforts in the fight against extremism and terrorism.

This augurs well for the future Pak-Iran evolving relationship. Geopolitics are now bringing both countries into the same constellation. As Pakistan slowly slides away to the periphery of the US block and mellows with Russia both Iran and Pakistan increasingly will see eye to eye on most issues.

If we can keep our sectarian wrecking balls restrained Iran and Pakistan could develop a mutually beneficial strategic relationship.

Pakistan, Iran and Turkey need to work on Trans-Asian Train service.

It will greatly improve the economy.

When Iran's nuclear deal goes through, Pakistan and Iran should be able to form strong bilateral ties. Trade ties are expected to increase, because of CPEC. Iran will possibly make use of Pakistan's trade route. Moreover, work on stalled gas pipeline is expected to resume etc. Here's an article that details all that.

Iran’s Nuclear Deal - Impact on Pakistan

I like your thoughts @jupiter2007. A train service should be awesome!

"the gulf country's"

What kind of an arab jende wrote that article? It'c called the Persian Gulf. Any imbecile that calls it "the gulf" is simply a whore looking for a handout. The region is fucked. Bodies of water can become nameless b/c 3rd rate countries of the region don't want to "pick sides." lol

"the gulf country's"

What kind of an arab jende wrote that article? It'c called the Persian Gulf. Any imbecile that calls it "the gulf" is simply a whore looking for a handout. The region is fucked. Bodies of water can become nameless b/c 3rd rate countries of the region don't want to "pick sides." lol
Wow, way to nitpick. Whether you call it the persian gulf, or the arab gulf shouldn't affect the over all point of the article.

This augurs well for the future Pak-Iran evolving relationship. Geopolitics are now bringing both countries into the same constellation. As Pakistan slowly slides away to the periphery of the US block and mellows with Russia both Iran and Pakistan increasingly will see eye to eye on most issues.

If we can keep our sectarian wrecking balls restrained Iran and Pakistan could develop a mutually beneficial strategic relationship.

Iran is pro India, only during the Shah's era, Iran was a good friend of Pakistan. After Pakistan's sectarian conflict in 80s and 90s and the Iranian Mullah's attempt to import the revolution in the region made things worse. Not forgetting Iran and Pakistan supported the opposing sides in Afghanistan. Not saying Iran is an enemy of Pakistan but I don't trust their Mullahs, just like I don't trust Pakistani Mullahs or Arab Sheikhs funding terrorism in the world.

Wow, way to nitpick. Whether you call it the persian gulf, or the arab gulf shouldn't affect the over all point of the article.
Jende, the body of water has a name. Your jende *** can't just go around calling people and places whatever it wants. It's like Iran renaming the Gulf of Oman. It's not knit picking. If you think this is a small issue in Iran, you have no idea what Iran as a country is about. Coming out of the sanctions in the next 10 years, the same whore countries that are calling it "the Gulf" will switch back to the correct historic name in an instant. Way to look pathetic in the process though.

Great news. Time to discuss strategic ties!

Jende, the body of water has a name. Your jende *** can't just go around calling people and places whatever it wants. It's like Iran renaming the Gulf of Oman. It's not knit picking. If you think this is a small issue in Iran, you have no idea what Iran as a country is about. Coming out of the sanctions in the next 10 years, the same whore countries that are calling it "the Gulf" will switch back to the correct historic name in an instant. Way to look pathetic in the process though.
Stop being a kos... abbi jende.. N stop getting your work panties in a twist,

Iran is pro India, only during the Shah's era, Iran was a good friend of Pakistan. After Pakistan's sectarian conflict in 80s and 90s and the Iranian Mullah's attempt to import the revolution in the region made things worse. Not forgetting Iran and Pakistan supported the opposing sides in Afghanistan. Not saying Iran is an enemy of Pakistan but I don't trust their Mullahs, just like I don't trust Pakistani Mullahs or Arab Sheikhs funding terrorism in the world.

I think "pro" is very strong term to describe India/Iran relationship. There was for a short time that both shared the same track. Nothing substantive has come out of the short warmth between both. If so please tell me. Yes, there is huge amount of talk, talk and grandiose statements but nothing beyond that.

If you think Iran would help India to undermine Pakistan I think that is pushings too far. The only time where such motivation might have existed was in the 1990s Taliban era. The fact is India is moving fast into the US orbit. That I think nobody can deny. This fact sits ill with Iran and American bitter and conflictive relationship. In fact Iran is probably top of the hate list in USA. Isreal also is India's favourite teddy bear. This again conflicts with Iran and Isreal hatred.

The reality is Iran is close to Russia and you will see increasing Chinese presence in Iran. Already China is No.1 trading partner in Iran and as we move forward the Chinese profile in Iran will increase manifold. This will help in bringing Iran and Pakistan on the same tracks. You will notice Pakistan has began to warm upto Russia. So down the road I see America/India/Isreal/Saudi block evolving. It is already there if you look at the way things are being played in the region.

On the other hand Pak/China/Russia and Iran sort of hanging on the edge will become reality over the coming decade or two. I think the Chinese are going use their influence to push Pak and Iran togather. You can already see the increased contact between both sides.

And yes I agree the Mullah regime is a problem,. I have problem with all Mullahs similar to yourself. However we must bear in mind Iran will be here longer then the Mullah regime. Slowly change will take place and Mullah's grip will weaken. Don't expect revolution though. Instead expect slow evolution which in fact is and has been happening.

Iran is next door to us. Beyond all the sanctions and negative western hype Iran is potentially a miracle waiting to happen. Second largest oil and gas resources coupled with highly educated, mature and united society means this Muslim neighbour of ours will figure a lot in our future. WE should keep this on our minds.

Important visit. Hopefully it bears some fruits.

Btw, he is an ethnic Iranian Arab.

And Sartaj Aziz is ethnic Pakistani Pashtun thus related to the Iranian language group as Pashto is the eastern most expression of the Persian, Kurdish, Ossetian etc languages.

And don't expect anything major. This is slow graduel process of evolution and consolidation guided by the increasing drift of Pakistan away from US and India moving closer to US. However the trend will be positive even if we have hiccups along the way.

Iran is an important Gulf country....can't neglect a Gulf country of 70 million people on our border !

Hopefully unlike Afghanistan this Gulf country doesn't allow India a base to destabilize our Western regions.

Idiot, it was an expression of language.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom