What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

They can't keep it secret if they equip ships with it and there is not much point producing a supersonic cruise missile without equipping your military with it, so I doubt it is yet in mass production / operation
Land-based TELs, sitting in underground tunnels.

Land-based TELs, sitting in underground tunnels.
So the ships are purposefully armed with inferior weapons to go and die while more capable weapons are kept underground? if they exist in sufficient quantities, why not both?

So the ships are purposefully armed with inferior weapons to go and die while more capable weapons are kept underground? if they exist in sufficient quantities, why not both?

Maybe its an iranian thing. First build hundreds and thousands and put them in an underground storage, then make photo of the hundreds and thousands in the underground storage, then put some on the ships....naah, joking :partay:

They can't keep it secret if they equip ships with it and there is not much point producing a supersonic cruise missile without equipping your military with it, so I doubt it is yet in mass production / operation

That’s assuming it’s fired from naval ships. Which to do so you would need a strong radar or already know your enemies coordinates. If naval, They are likely waiting for eagle eye radar to be finished. Current Mowj ships have older tech radar.

I doubt Iran’s main reason to build Supersonic CMs is for naval use, Iran’s large surface ship fleet will be the first to be destroyed in a war against USA. Thus you wouldn’t invent a CM solely for an asset that might not survive the first weeks of a war.

Again I’m assuming that Iran would be trying to build something like Brahmos or even a supersonic version of a Knizhal type (Russia’s air launched hypersonic CM). In which case, you are building for multi purpose and can be launch via multiple avenues (air, canister, etc).

Does Iran have supersonic ASHCM/LACM (BrahMos/P-800-like) or working on a hypersonic CM? It would pose such a greater threat compared to the C-802 swarms

Does Iran have supersonic ASHCM/LACM (BrahMos/P-800-like) or working on a hypersonic CM? It would pose such a greater threat compared to the C-802 swarms
I always liked the fateh mobin travels Mach 4 not much can stop it from striking a ship, it’s in a different class than brahmos but it’s still used to strike ships with fast and high accuracy.

Dena 75
img-20230227-081807158.jpg

Last edited:
a lot of interest in Brazil, and not only there, for the visit of the ships of the Iranian navy, here we can see that gazebos have been installed on the flight deck, this makes it probable that soon some ceremony on board will lead to the publication of further photos of the 'event
View attachment 918386

a photo found on this site
https://tenemosnoticias.com/interna...-por-ee-uu-anclan-en-brasil-en-mision-de-paz/
Buques-iranies-sancionados-por-EEUU-anclan-en-Brasil-en-mision.webp
Annoying that they don't take the dual launchers and turn them into Quad launchers,

and more photos.

View attachment 918394

View attachment 918396

View attachment 918395

looking at the photos, despite 5 months of navigation IRIS Dena 75 has the paint still in excellent condition
Brave IRIS crews!!!!. PLAN started with patrols around Gulf of Aden 15 years ago and nowadays they have some of the best warships with hundreds of trained crews. Iran can easily build newer frigates and equipments, but trained crews are the truly core of a modern Navy, and IRIN have shown an ambition truly remarkable. Train, train train... warships will come. No other nation ride corvettes sized warships in so long distances in peacetime.

Brave IRIS crews!!!!. PLAN started with patrols around Gulf of Aden 15 years ago and nowadays they have some of the best warships with hundreds of trained crews. Iran can easily build newer frigates and equipments, but trained crews are the truly core of a modern Navy, and IRIN have shown an ambition truly remarkable. Train, train train... warships will come. No other nation ride corvettes sized warships in so long distances in peacetime.

but this mission with IRIS Dena 75 and the one last year arrived in St. Petersburg Russia with IRIS Sahand 74, have shown that these light frigates are good and reliable ships.
But surely sailing with ships of small dimensions and low displacement for stormy oceans and for many months should not be comfortable, indeed month after month it can become stressful, different for the crew on board the gigantic IRIS Makran 441 ship.
These considerations made me think of a hypothesis:
Do you think it is possible that IRIS Dena 75 set sail for the mission with a number of sailors to form +/- 2 crews, let me explain, a group of sailors and officers make up a crew aboard the frigate and a second group of sailors and officers who make up another crew resting on board the IRIS Makran 441, who then, at the end of a certain number of days of navigation, all or in groups, replace the personnel who were on board the frigate, who in turn will go to rest at aboard the IRIS Makran 441.
If they eventually used this method, the mission to circumnavigate the globe, instead of giving all-important experience to one crew, this experience would be doubled

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom