What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I did a search to figure out which commercial ship they used, I searched the Iranian flag ship register and I think I found which ship could be used.
I think it is the Sarvin imo IMO 9209348 (or a naval unit of the same model), here I am attaching the photo when the name was Dandle (2012) as it is photographed +/- from the same side.
pay attention to the stern of the ship, to the command superstructure, to the two cranes next to the chimney (chimney and crane are identical it seems to the ship being modified).

showphoto.aspx

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...0758/mmsi:422031800/imo:9209348/vessel:SARVIN
here some features
Flag Iran
Gross tonnage 36014 tons
Deadweight 41971 tons
Length 240.2 m
Breadth 32.2 m
Engine type MAN-B & W
Engine power 29800 KW
Year of build 2000

Didnt they buy one from Italy?

I did a search to figure out which commercial ship they used, I searched the Iranian flag ship register and I think I found which ship could be used.
I think it is the Sarvin imo IMO 9209348 (or a naval unit of the same model), here I am attaching the photo when the name was Dandle (2012) as it is photographed +/- from the same side.
pay attention to the stern of the ship, to the command superstructure, to the two cranes next to the chimney (chimney and crane are identical it seems to the ship being modified).

showphoto.aspx

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...0758/mmsi:422031800/imo:9209348/vessel:SARVIN
here some features
Flag Iran
Gross tonnage 36014 tons
Deadweight 41971 tons
Length 240.2 m
Breadth 32.2 m
Engine type MAN-B & W
Engine power 29800 KW
Year of build 2000

They said an "Open-source Intelligence Analyst", they should have gave you full credit 😁

They said an "Open-source Intelligence Analyst", they should have gave you full credit 😁
for me it is not important to appear, what is important for me to be able to make a contribution to our discussion.

for me it is not important to appear, what is important for me to be able to make a contribution to our discussion.
What do you think this will be used for?

Adding more forward bases?

I wonder cause this is supposed to be an IRGC ship, if it will be used in conjunction with the Soleimani-class Catamarans. IRGC doesn't really build larger ships so all of these are new, and indicates a shift of operation and thought-process.

My guess, this can be used as a Heli, and UAV carrier, along with the typical configuration of a forward base. The Catamarans would be supported by this ship and will protect it and themselves in waters far away from Iran.

The Catamarans would be supported by this ship and will protect it and themselves in waters far away from Iran.

Actually the opposite. With a acre of deck space it can house 4 CWIS with 180 coverage on each side plus up to 2–3rd Khordad systems for long range targeting.

The catamarans look to have very limited defense capability.

What do you think this will be used for?

Dual purpose; as a floating base for IRGC operations near Yemen or other friendly waters or for trading with third countries. The problems generated by evil forces tasked to interrupt commerce in Mediterranean sea (see Adrian Darya I and Grace I), can be solved using this kind of ships. Under military flag and with self-protecting weapons the international status change and any attack or attemp to stop them can be considered an act of war.

It is interesting that in the case of Makran and Shahid Mahdavi both of them retain equipment to supply oil and cargo respectively. They haven´t been converted to a improvised warships like the heavy weaponized german raiders in WWII. They can trade oil and weaponry to elsewhere. And they have or self protected or even with limited capacity of attacking another ships and probably land objectives. But both of them retain their hold and pipes.

Shahid Roudaky seems more raider profile of mission, with long range anti ship missiles and MRAD missiles.

Anyway, the Us Navy and Royal Navy now must think twice if they want to stop a oiler to Syria or Venezuela. And now the same with cargo and delivering sensitive system to allies around the world.

Iranian Naval plans for the surface ships as per navy commander:
  • Construction of "Heavy" warships as ordered by SL
  • Creation of "Fleets ' of UAV carrier warships
  • Construction of "Intelligence gathering" warship
  • Construction of "EW and Cyber capable" warships
  • Construction of "11 ship" fleet (does anyone know what this is..why 11)
1653304416314.png

فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش گفت: بر اساس نقشه راهی که فرماندهی معظم کل قوا ترسیم کرده‌اند، امروز ساخت رزم‌ناوهای سنگین را در دستور کار داریم.

وی گفت: تشکیل ناودسته‌های پهپادبر، ناو اطلاعاتی، ناوهای جنگالی و سایبری و ارتقا توان رزمی و نوسازی و تحرک با ارتقا سرعت و همچنین ساخت ناوگان ۱۱ فروندی از جمله برنامه‌های این نیروی برای افزایش توان عملیات نیروی دریایی ارتش است راهبردی «آجا» است.

Iranian Naval plans for the surface ships as per navy commander:
  • Construction of "Heavy" warships as ordered by SL
  • Creation of "Fleets ' of UAV carrier warships
  • Construction of "Intelligence gathering" warship
  • Construction of "EW and Cyber capable" warships
  • Construction of "11 ship" fleet (does anyone know what this is..why 11)
View attachment 846898
فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش گفت: بر اساس نقشه راهی که فرماندهی معظم کل قوا ترسیم کرده‌اند، امروز ساخت رزم‌ناوهای سنگین را در دستور کار داریم.

وی گفت: تشکیل ناودسته‌های پهپادبر، ناو اطلاعاتی، ناوهای جنگالی و سایبری و ارتقا توان رزمی و نوسازی و تحرک با ارتقا سرعت و همچنین ساخت ناوگان ۱۱ فروندی از جمله برنامه‌های این نیروی برای افزایش توان عملیات نیروی دریایی ارتش است راهبردی «آجا» است.
WHERE'S MY HEAVY SUBMARINES, ADMIRAL?! YOU PROMISED ME 5 TONNE VESSELS!

WHERE'S MY HEAVY SUBMARINES, ADMIRAL?! YOU PROMISED ME 5 TONNE VESSELS!
Had the same question so I assume this is only for surface fleet....Subs are even more important so yet to be seen...I wish for sub with nuclear propulsion...what a terror it will be for the bagel boys..lol

Had the same question so I assume this is only for surface fleet....Subs are even more important so yet to be seen...I wish for sub with nuclear propulsion...what a terror it will be for the bagel boys..lol
When it comes to nuclear submarines, they ought to defer to North Korea and involve themselves in a joint research and development program.

It would split the costs and relieve financial burdens for both sides and there'd be a more versatile platform designed taking into account the environments and working conditions of both the Persian Gulf and Sea of Japan where the vessels would operate...plus of course, they can come up with ideas for efficient nuclear propulsion systems.

Back
Top Bottom