What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

approximate data collected from "H I Sutton" North Korea SLBM Submarine
Gorae Class SSB Specifications (Provisional)
Displacement: 1,455 tons (surfaced), 1,650 tons (submerged)
Length: 68m
Waterline length: 65m
Beam: 6.5m
Speed: <20kts
Range: TBC
Endurance: Approximately 1 month or less
Operating depth: TBC
Propulsion: Diesel-electric
Armament: 1 x NK-11 “북극성-1” (Pukgeukseong-1) SLBMs, possible 2-4 torpedo tubes

npUsXgz.jpg

YMzls6o.png

but I am convinced that the displacement is superior

always HI Sutton has made a hypothesis of how it could be the next North Korean SLBM, which should already be under construction
jN0N7Uo.jpg
We should also not rule out the possibility of a four or six missile equipped gorae/sinpo boat,as the russians did actually build a couple of prototypes of 4 and 6 missile tube equipped golfs,also a 6 tube hotel ssbn.
800px-Golf_III_class_SSB_601_project.svg.png

Projekt_601_002_rez.jpg

The 601 mounted 6 ssn8 r29
605_PL_170323_03.jpg

R-27K_170323_05.jpg

The 605 mounted 4 ssn6 r27k

The problem is that the first fateh was launched almost 4 years ago and has still not been inducted into the navy,it should not take 4 years to shake down a new boat and fix whatever problems were encountered,unless it was some very major design flaw that required a complete redesign and rebuild and even then it still should not take this long.The other problem could be that the development of vital systems like sonars are having problems and are yet to be installed or be considered operational.
The longer this continues without any word on the boat,or with repeated promises of it being unveiled/commissioned in a few months not ever eventuating,then frankly the worse it looks,after all if it had been successful we would have expected several other hulls to be under construction by now,but instead production of the ghadir has restarted,so it potentially doesnt look good.

4 years is a frankly very normal time in my opinion to test new materials etc. Remember, some of that time went into actually designing the material and then some times to test it. So considering that, is 4 years really that long?

So disappointing. Iran went through all that work to get it’s hands on one of the world’s fastest speedboats. Including a last minute attempt by US to intercept the cargo.

All for what? To put a heavy machine gun on it and some unguided small rockets?

Terrible

The art of demagoguery!

Each fighting boat is different with different options. We already have speedboats equipped with missiles and will soon arrive a new fastest of all.

1795733_1451761751709051_1332512861_n.jpg

Very recent photo sent to me by the web user "Tarao",
The new Iranian frigate under construction in the floating dock in the port of Bandar Anzali.
above the ship there are new superstructures, I think they are covered structures positioned to carry out the work with adverse weather.
But, having lived the photo, they are also effective to hide from prying eyes (satellites) what works are being done

qNJfX0J.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom