What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Its not a bad looking ship.I`ve always thought that if they replaced the helipad with a vls it would make a good fast attack craft with both antiship and land attack capabilities.
that ship don't have the armor , also those vls and the missile inside them seriously increase the overall weight of the ship and I wonder after that how effective the ship would be.

A friend user nickname "Tarao" sent me a recent satelite image of the "new Damavand" under construction in Bandar and Anzali
here an image of the past with the blocks of the ship still separated
2ldfzme.jpg

and here we see the hull already assembled in the floating dry dock.
2078i6g.jpg

I hope I have translated correctly
Bandar Abbas - the ships under construction received the names,
http://qudsonline.ir/news/633173/ناو-اطلاعاتی-نداجا-به-نام-طلائیه-و-ناو-سینای۷-زره-نامگذاری
Sina class name "Armor (زره)"
25012456_m.jpg

and the reconnaissance-surveillance ship derived from the hull of the Sahand was called Talayeh ("طلائیه")
25012457_m.jpg

Why is that Sina class Missile boat so white and it’s composition so “clean”?

Are they experimenting with a new type of material?

poor Damavand.

Good for Asymmetrical warfare but why not make the gun remote controlled or better radar controlled ? its nearly impossible to hit anything smaller than an Aftamax Bulk Carrier with that gun if you move fast

maybe they are prototypes

poor Damavand.

Good for Asymmetrical warfare but why not make the gun remote controlled or better radar controlled ? its nearly impossible to hit anything smaller than an Aftamax Bulk Carrier with that gun if you move fast
Because sometimes you just need to capture fewUS soldiers or SAS special unit...,for god sake why they would put remote weapons station on boat long 1-15 meters ....whole point of RWS is to not expose/hide soldier from enemy fire...and there...you have literary soldiers few metters from RWS in non-armored cabin and on deck already exposed.Second,these boats will lunch missile from beyond visual range or they will try to capture or save someone...I don't see role for RWS..but I get it..it is more fancy...kids these days(not meant you)think that aircrafts will lunch multi functional displays,helmets and touch LCDs on enemy...they don't get it...it doesn't metter is AI is displayed on analog indicator directly or on MFD...what is only important when it comes to aircraft is weapons..range..acuracy..radar randge..acuracy/resolition..resistance...how fast it is..minimal speed..max speed..climb rate..turn rate..and even than all of that is, ironcally , important only if air force has good logistics and high quality trainig process... otherwise it is not combat aircraft...instead it is just high value assets you can't use for anything except maybe killing own pilots. That is why when you look in to any military ranking reportthey don't just count how many modern equipment you have...if so S.Arabia would be 3th world military power since they spend more than Russia on military,but instead been 3th world military power they are Israel 3th wife..on other side imagine what would Iran became with let's say double military budget..I used aircraft as example..but you get my point.

Last edited:
whole point of RWS is to not expose/hide soldier from enemy fire...and there.
that's not the whole point of rws , RWS help you stabilize gun on target ,look at what happen when you fire from a stable target with M242 Bushmaster you become the laughing stock of all navy
now when they use another gun

by the way do you like to be the guy who is supposed to walk to back of the boat when it is at full speed and operate the gun

that's not the whole point of rws , RWS help you stabilize gun on target ,look at what happen when you fire from a stable target with M242 Bushmaster you become the laughing stock of all navy
now when they use another gun

by the way do you like to be the guy who is supposed to walk to back of the boat when it is at full speed and operate the gun

I think you got your wish as soon as you said it. :lol:

Untitled12.jpg

and i want a million Dollar. :enjoy:

I think you got your wish as soon as you said it. :lol:

View attachment 536518

wel the problem is they have it but when they decided to design that boat they went after a manual gun that have around 1% chance of hitting anything when installed on big ships , on small boats probably less .
and they seriously they need to shield it against environments .

خوب اینجوری که نمیشه شما شماره کارت بانکیت را برای من بفرست . البته حتما برای اینکه عملیات انجام بشه باید رمز دوم تاریخ اعتبار و شماره
CVV2
را برام بفرستی:woot::devil:
راستی هر چقدر توی حساب بیشتر پول داشته باشی انتقال سریعتر و بهتر انجام میشه.:azn::cool:

wel the problem is they have it but when they decided to design that boat they went after a manual gun that have around 1% chance of hitting anything when installed on big ships , on small boats probably less .
and they seriously they need to shield it against environments .

خوب اینجوری که نمیشه شما شماره کارت بانکیت را برای من بفرست . البته حتما برای اینکه عملیات انجام بشه باید رمز دوم تاریخ اعتبار و شماره
CVV2
را برام بفرستی:woot::devil:
راستی هر چقدر توی حساب بیشتر پول داشته باشی انتقال سریعتر و بهتر انجام میشه.:azn::cool:

so we just have to hope they replace them.

:lol::enjoy: nice try. i can not believe people still fall for that.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom