What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

IRGC Navy, new drone submarine, its prototype

157148344.jpg

This is very good news. Yes, it indeed appears to be an experimental unmanned submarine design. I envisage going forward, the IRIN will pass their midget submarines to Sepah. IRGC will develop further versions of midget manned and unmanned submarines. IRIN will focus more towards the blue waters leaving Sepah to focus on being a green water navy.

I asked the same question from a naval commando he said when you dive under 60 meters if you swim long distance nitrogen (I don't remember correctly maybe oxygen) increases in your blood and poison it and you would die in the sea.
if you dive even less nitrogen accumulate in your blood . but it won't poison you as long as you are under , when you are coming up if you do it fat the niytogen become bubbles of nitrogen and thats not beautiful at all
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompression_sickness

Spreading the missiles over a larger number of boats in these swarm tactic gives you both offensive and defensive advantage. Consider an adversary's ship going against 1 boat that contains 8 missiles vs 4 boats that each have 2 missiles. What is a more survival layout? Furthermore, thinking offensively, which layout gives you a higher chance of successfully getting a hit? There are other advantages such as reducing weight per boat (increasing speed and manoeuvrability), increasing the number of targets enemy has to destroy (causing attrition) etc.
well I rather go against enemy with 4 boat that each have 8 missile but that make the boat heavier and as a result slower.

well I rather go against enemy with 4 boat that each have 8 missile but that make the boat heavier and as a result slower.

Yes, but obviously you'd need to have 4 times as much cruise missiles to deliver your proposed layout. Here, we are focusing on the same number of starting cruise missiles, but spreading them across the available speedboats.

Looking for some new fancy toys...

You got the glimpse of an unmanned submarine project and unmanned (not 100% if unmanned) stealthy boat. These many not have the fancy element of flaming missiles but they will play their own strategic roles in the future.

Last edited:
Yes, but obviously you'd need to have 4 times as much cruise missiles to deliver your proposed layout. Here, we are focusing on the same number of starting cruise missiles, but spreading them across the available speedboats.
well , those are small cruise missiles not big one like noor, Qader and ghadir missiles. I say if we want we can manage to hove more of them

well , those are small cruise missiles not big one like noor, Qader and ghadir missiles. I say if we want we can manage to hove more of them

It is not just the issue of fitting the missiles, but the issue of having to spend resources to manufacture more missiles for your proposal, specifically 4x as much. In my scenario, you do not have to produce any more missiles. If we had to spend more money, it is will much more wise to continue with the same 2 per 1 boat layout. Which Sepah itself is demonstrably doing.

Last edited:
It is not just the issue of fitting the missiles, but the issue of having to spend resources to manufacture more missiles for your proposal, specifically 4x as much. In my scenario, you do not have to produce any more missiles. If we had to spend more money, it is will much more wise to continue with the same 2 per 1 boat layout. Which Sepah itself is demonstrably doing.
are you suggesting building those boats take less ressource than building nasr missile.
by your suggestion after firing two missile the boat must go back to be rearmed if you put 4 or 8 issile on the boat . you made the boat 2 or 4 time more powerful. you must decide who you want to engage . if its usa navy you must expect they will be ble to knock those two missile out of the sky . so better throw more ar them so some will be ble to peneterate their ships.

are you suggesting building those boats take less ressource than building nasr missile.
by your suggestion after firing two missile the boat must go back to be rearmed if you put 4 or 8 issile on the boat . you made the boat 2 or 4 time more powerful. you must decide who you want to engage . if its usa navy you must expect they will be ble to knock those two missile out of the sky . so better throw more ar them so some will be ble to peneterate their ships.

My layout involves using the same number of cruise missiles but spreading them out on the boats available. My explanation did not involve buying more boats or missiles. Whereas in your scenario, you're assuming Iran can just bring the overall 4x needed cruise missiles and add them to these boats (at the disadvantage I will describe later).

Your reloading point is incorrect because the same number of missiles will be fired overall, regardless where they are on one boat or four. Furthermore, this notion that you will "make the boat 2 or 4 time more powerful" is a rather superficial understanding of the situation. By spreading out your firing platforms, you will increase both survivability and likelihood of getting a successful hit. The latter is an obvious point because in the 2 missile per 4 boat system you can simultaneously fire 4 missiles at different angles at the target, whereas in a single boat system, you will fire 1 at a given time.

Your proposal of adding more missiles does not much in terms of capability but it increases the weight of the missile boats reducing their speed and manoeuvrability. As demonstrated, Sepah itself has gone for the obviously better tactic that I outlined.

Issue is can the speedboat fire the missile from the forward facing directions. Having more missiles, but in the back is useless as it forces the speedboat to stop and turn to its side in order to fire on an enemy.

These boats don’t have major targeting radars so they will have to get close to target. Last thing they want to do is stop and turn to fire at a enemy ship.

IRGC Navy, new drone submarine, its prototype

157148344.jpg

Looks kind of crude. Like a WWI submarine.

Back
Top Bottom