What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

IRGC Navy Vessels Enjoy 92knots Cruising Capability

"We have increased the speed to 92 knots in our military vessels at sea by means of indigenized know-how," Rear Admiral Tangsiri said, addressing a ceremony to deliver 112 speed boats to the IRGC Navy in the Persian Gulf on Thursday.

"This speed is three times faster than the speed of the US vessels which is due to its unique design and enhancement of its engine structures," he added.

Rear Admiral Tangsiri also declared that manufacturing of two vessels named after martyred Commander of the IRGC Quds Force Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani and Deputy Commander of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis has started, adding that the projects will be accomplished within a year.

Rear Admiral Tangsiri had announced in October that Iran plans to manufacture speed boats in the near future which voyage at the speed of 100 knots per hour.

"Today, marine vessels which cruise at 90nots/h will be unveiled," Rear Admiral Tangsiri said.

"God willing, we will go toward (building) speed vessels with 100knots/h speed," he added.

Tangsiri underlined that the Iranian Armed Forces' preparedness has established security and stability in the Persian Gulf region, adding, "Iran has several times sent messages to the Persian Gulf littoral states that this region belongs to the Persian Gulf littoral states and we are capable of establishing security through sympathy among the neighboring states in the region."

He noted that the foreign forces distort the regional security and are after legalizing their illegitimate deployment in the region and sell their weapons, and meantime, warned of the environmental hazards facing the region due to the presence of foreign military vessels (which use nuclear power).

https://en.farsnews.ir/newstext.aspx?nn=13990308000649
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully they will reveal more information about this 92 knot boat. It seems this boat is still mostly in experimental stage and not reached production stage as of yet.

[QUOTE = "Mithridates, post: 12373326, membre: 193777"] les gars avez-vous remarqué le nouveau missile qui ressemble à un bateau zolfagar ?? semble être un nouveau type de bateau lance-missiles avec les deux mêmes missiles de croisière mais avec une plus grande charge de carburant. [/ QUOTE]

The hull looks different, the radar and so on, I need more photos
second image shows it from top view.
What is this?!
asabehat marine/commando deployment mini sub.
question is what's the first sub (?)

I don't understand why they produce these things :undecided:
I asked the same question from a naval commando he said when you dive under 60 meters if you swim long distance nitrogen (I don't remember correctly maybe oxygen) increases in your blood and poison it and you would die in the sea. so they build this so the divers do not swim while it can perform his duties like infiltration or laying mines...
it's not something only iran does all navies around the world have similar vessels for their specops. even smaller handheld electric motors.

I asked the same question from a naval commando he said when you dive under 60 meters if you swim long distance nitrogen (I don't remember correctly maybe oxygen) increases in your blood and poison it and you would die in the sea. so they build this so the divers do not swim while it can perform his duties like infiltration or laying mines...
it's not something only iran does all navies around the world have similar vessels for their specops. even smaller handheld electric motors.
Yeah. That makes sense. But at least they could've done a better job at painting them.

kashdom-4-image02.jpg

Is there a reason why Iran can't double up on the missile payload of these boats?

Clearly you can put one extra cruise missile on top or the on the sides of each of the canisters.

Does it have something to with with weight/engine and speed of the boat or would it be too risky to put that many missiles on one FAC boat given their low-survivability against a large Naval force like the USN so it's better to have many boats with two missiles rather than fewer boats with four missiles each?

300px-Type_22_PLAN_FAC.svg.png

The Chinese Type 22 for comparison has x8 C-802s, I think Iran is capable of making FAC that can carry more than Two AshCMs at a time.

Is there a reason why Iran can't double up on the missile payload of these boats?

Spreading the missiles over a larger number of boats in these swarm tactic gives you both offensive and defensive advantage. Consider an adversary's ship going against 1 boat that contains 8 missiles vs 4 boats that each have 2 missiles. What is a more survival layout? Furthermore, thinking offensively, which layout gives you a higher chance of successfully getting a hit? There are other advantages such as reducing weight per boat (increasing speed and manoeuvrability), increasing the number of targets enemy has to destroy (causing attrition) etc.

Spreading the missiles over a larger number of boats in these swarm tactic gives you both offensive and defensive advantage. Consider an adversary's ship going against 1 boat that contains 8 missiles vs 4 boats that each have 2 missiles. What is a more survival layout? Furthermore, thinking offensively, which layout gives you a higher chance of successfully getting a hit? There are other advantages such as reducing weight per boat (increasing speed and manoeuvrability), increasing the number of targets enemy has to destroy (causing attrition) etc.

I had thought it was something along those lines; makes sense from a tactical stance since now the increase in missile boat count gives you more vectors to fire from and will lead the enemy to prioritizing targets instead of just going after one boat.

Maybe it's an Iranian developed Drone ship that could be used for reconnaissance missions and intel gathering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom