What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

IRGC and Iran navy and Department of Defense Nuclear submarine project with the ability to carry 18 ballistic missiles.

huwverg0cw421.jpg
god damn it this is huge.

IRGC and Iran navy and Department of Defense Nuclear submarine project with the ability to carry 18 ballistic missiles.

huwverg0cw421.jpg

This has been around for many years, I am talking from the time of Iran military forum, it was confirmed to be fake back then. I think the person who made the picture come forward.

huwverg0cw421.jpg
Well they`re certainly ambitious I`ll give them that.:enjoy:
But I think that before iran tries for something like that it should probably look at something a bit smaller,perhaps something along the lines of a stretched simpo/gorae class type design mounting 6 medium ranged ballistic missiles or 24 cruise missiles,or a combination.Nuclear power would also be an option using something simple and low powered like a SLOWPOKE reactor,now it wont give you 30 knots continuous speed but it probably would allow you to stay submerged for the entire patrol,which for an ssbn is far more important anyway.
DPRK SSB-SSBN-01.jpg

DPRK SSB-SSBN-02.jpg

Yesterday we saw what may have been IRGC-N autonomous underwater mines, planted in enemy harbors to be activated when needed.

This message was a glimpse on what to expect. It may have been something else but if it is a kind of disguised autonomous mine, it opens a whole new dimension of deterrence.

For now we just can be sure that this event had at least a green light from Iran.

Yesterday we saw what may have been IRGC-N autonomous underwater mines, planted in enemy harbors to be activated when needed.

This message was a glimpse on what to expect. It may have been something else but if it is a kind of disguised autonomous mine, it opens a whole new dimension of deterrence.

For now we just can be sure that this event had at least a green light from Iran.

the damage, its too small to be from a mine.

2019-05-13T150020Z_1_LYNXNPEF4C0VJ_RTROPTP_2_SAUDI-OIL-EMIRATES-TANKER.JPG.cf.jpg

2019-05-13T150020Z_1_LYNXNPEF4C0VI_RTROPTP_2_SAUDI-OIL-EMIRATES-TANKER.JPG.cf.jpg

2019-05-13T150020Z_1_LYNXNPEF4C0VF_RTROPTP_2_SAUDI-OIL-EMIRATES-TANKER.JPG.cf.jpg

the damage, its too small to be from a mine.

2019-05-13T150020Z_1_LYNXNPEF4C0VJ_RTROPTP_2_SAUDI-OIL-EMIRATES-TANKER.JPG.cf.jpg

2019-05-13T150020Z_1_LYNXNPEF4C0VI_RTROPTP_2_SAUDI-OIL-EMIRATES-TANKER.JPG.cf.jpg

2019-05-13T150020Z_1_LYNXNPEF4C0VF_RTROPTP_2_SAUDI-OIL-EMIRATES-TANKER.JPG.cf.jpg
Well if it really were an ultimatum as @PeeD suggests, then it probably was done with minimal explosive to just show the capability without hurting anyone or cause an environmental disaster by sinking an oil tanker.

But I think the location of the explosion is interesting. It was definitely done by something that was submerged less than a meter below water. How doe autonomous mines work @PeeD? Do they follow the sound of the propeller ? Because it has exactly hit the ship above the propeller.

the problem is how you gonna activate the mines underwater??
my guess is it was a diver and explosive attaching to hull, considering it was a oil tanker it would be a disaster with mine.

the problem is how you gonna activate the mines underwater??
my guess is it was a diver and explosive attaching to hull, considering it was a oil tanker it would be a disaster with mine.
You don't approach a ship from that side if you are a diver. Unless you like to turn into grounded beef kabab

Activation to a autonomous hunt mode is indeed not easy and likely requires a wire connection.

Maybe it is a non-lethal mobility kill system, a deterrence concept that degrade/breaks down world oil trade.

The enemy knows by now what it is.

With South Pars and Persian Star gas and petro infrastructure Iran has unfortunately a fragile asset at the enemies reach. Hence this kind of latent action at this phase.

Well if it really were an ultimatum as @PeeD suggests, then it probably was done with minimal explosive to just show the capability without hurting anyone or cause an environmental disaster by sinking an oil tanker.

But I think the location of the explosion is interesting. It was definitely done by something that was submerged less than a meter below water. How doe autonomous mines work @PeeD? Do they follow the sound of the propeller ? Because it has exactly hit the ship above the propeller.
Yes,thats what I was thinking.Perhaps a small autonomous mine or captor type weapon with a passive acoustic seeker or perhaps a wake homer.Another option might be a small electric torpedo launched from a semi submersible patrol boat or perhaps just a limpet type with a timer emplaced by a diver when the boat was stationary.I would imagine that there would be a few options.
Anyway I hope that the message is received....and more importantly understood.

Yes,thats what I was thinking.Perhaps a small autonomous mine or captor type weapon with a passive acoustic seeker or perhaps a wake homer.Another option might be a small electric torpedo launched from a semi submersible patrol boat or perhaps just a limpet type with a timer emplaced by a diver when the boat was stationary.I would imagine that there would be a few options.
Anyway I hope that the message is received....and more importantly understood.

The oil market definitely received the message:

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Saudi-Tanker-Attack-Reveals-Oil-Market-Weakness.html

Back
Top Bottom