What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Iran Admiral Rastegari, fully domestically made Ghadir-class type III submarine capabilities, launching subsurface-to-surface cruise missiles, Integrated detection and fire control computing system, sonar and radar systems, Valfajr underwater torpedoes and mines, new propulsion system, Construction time

ارتش ناوشکن 200 متری می‌سازد/ برد موشک شناورها از 300 کیلومتر فراتر می رود

You know that a ship is created in separate sections, but in the end all of them must eventually be connected together and released into the water, so if we have the infrastructure of making larger vessels, both in size and in tonnage, We can easily build them, which, of course, is on the agenda, and our next project will be a 200-meter-long destroyer, which will measure our fleet size from 97 meters to 200 meters. and will make our anti-surface cruise missiles range to go above 300 km.

[/ATTACH]

Is this 200 meter claim for next destroyer a typo? 200 seems way too big. Most of these modern destroyers are around 150m.

Is this 200 meter claim for next destroyer a typo? 200 seems way too big. Most of these modern destroyers are around 150m.
Maybe yes , maybe no but I wonder if we build that which engine we want to use in it ? I doubt diesel engines are good for powering a ship that big.

Last edited:
ارتش ناوشکن 200 متری می‌سازد/ برد موشک شناورها از 300 کیلومتر فراتر می رود

You know that a ship is created in separate sections, but in the end all of them must eventually be connected together and released into the water, so if we have the infrastructure of making larger vessels, both in size and in tonnage, We can easily build them, which, of course, is on the agenda, and our next project will be a 200-meter-long destroyer, which will measure our fleet size from 97 meters to 200 meters. and will make our anti-surface cruise missiles range to go above 300 km.

https://www.farsnews.com/news/13970717000800/ارتش-ناوشکن-200-متری-می‌سازد-برد-موشک-شناورها-از-300-کیلومتر-فراتر-می

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/902622/ارتش-ناوشکن-۲۰۰-متری-می-سازد

http://khabarfarsi.com/u/61003617

Iran's submarine cruise missile called Jask 2 .

The under water missile tube is so big that is capable of carrying the missile up to several dozen kilometers under water and above the surface.

View attachment 524220 View attachment 524221

0931827151535.jpg

will this 200m destroyer come with Vertical Launch System?

VLS_Module_6.jpgab896265-8059-42e5-b318-478619eb93d9Larger.jpg

Sahand is already equipped with a 330 km range missile with Ghadir Anti-ship missile on board.
i think they mean a lot more. when he said they were above 300 km, i think they mean above 300 km, say 400 km or higher.

Maybe yes , maybe no but I wonder if we build that which engine we want to use in it ? I doubt diesel engines are good for powering a ship that big.
We already have Alvand frigate type of warships equipped with turbine engines and we have overhauled it man times. Also we have Iranian-made high power turbine engines and I don't think it would be an issue if the want to install one on bigger ships.

200 meters would be a good size for a Helo Carrier
2880px-DDH-181_%E3%81%B2%E3%82%85%E3%81%86%E3%81%8C_%2812%29.jpg

upload_2018-12-3_16-32-49.png

And with a ship that size you can do Helo carrier/Replenishment ship or Carrier/ Warship or antisub warfare or amphibious assault.... BUT if it was up to me I would want VTOL UAV's and UCAV and a massive fleet of highly capable Quads on a carrier/replenishment ship and in the future once 3d printers get fast enough I would want multiple industrial 3D printers capable of printing, treating and assembling various spare parts, tools and gear for the fleet on the go

View attachment 524466

And with a ship that size you can do Helo carrier/Replenishment ship or Carrier/ Warship or antisub warfare or amphibious assault.... BUT if it was up to me I would want VTOL UAV's and UCAV and a massive fleet of highly capable Quads on a carrier/replenishment ship and in the future once 3d printers get fast enough I would want multiple industrial 3D printers capable of printing, treating and assembling various spare parts, tools and gear for the fleet on the go

And who would protect that ship? A Helo carrier would need a surface fleet of 2-3 VLS equipped destroyers to protect it as well as a Kilo Class submarine to follow it.

Luxury item for the future as any form of carrier is a form of power projection. Iran isn’t going to be waging war on US or European mainland anytime soon so its focus should be destroyers to protect itself and its allies.

Iran is better off building VLS destroyers that can pack a punch and equip them with a naval version of Bavar 373.

We already have Alvand frigate type of warships equipped with turbine engines and we have overhauled it man times. Also we have Iranian-made high power turbine engines and I don't think it would be an issue if the want to install one on bigger ships.
our turbines are designed for power planets , we still don't produce a functional one that can be installed on ships

View attachment 524466

for Iran a ship that size better be a Guided Missile cruiser something like Russia
Kirov-class battle-cruiser or USA Ticonderoga-class cruiser or Korea Sejong the Great-class destroyer something with lots of vertical launch cells for anti ship and anti aircraft operation and some anti submarine capabilities , if you like you can put 1 or 2 helicopter in it but , the main mission must be something like command ship and protecting the rest of the fleet at least we need something like Kidd Class Destroyer

Last edited:
And who would protect that ship? A Helo carrier would need a surface fleet of 2-3 VLS equipped destroyers to protect it as well as a Kilo Class submarine to follow it.

Luxury item for the future as any form of carrier is a form of power projection. Iran isn’t going to be waging war on US or European mainland anytime soon so its focus should be destroyers to protect itself and its allies.

Iran is better off building VLS destroyers that can pack a punch and equip them with a naval version of Bavar 373.
well there is a concept called helicopter destroyer.for example Japanese Hyūga class or Italian cruiser Vittorio Veneto.I don't support it as I prefer a specialized ship not jack of all trade, but its a possibility

Iran Current economy can't even produce enough wealth for our army to equip itself with armored vehicle and MRAP in mass quantity and operate them regular ....

boy , just stop using drug and try to live in reality ....

Back
Top Bottom