What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

qxnaxj.jpg

recent satellite photo (of this November 2018) that on the frigate Sahand, after eliminating the 40/70 Fath-40-Breda 40/70, have created a new superstructure, on which I think a new system will be installed

April 2017
[ "AmirPatriot, said] I think it's still the Bofors...
upload_2017-4-2_16-58-42-png.388247

November 2018
RmdQ6Fz.jpg

observing the dimensions of the round hole on the superstructure, the system that should be installed could be large, the military authorities have indicated a new CIWS, but the dimensions of the superstructure and the hole also seem compatible to accommodate a Fajr-27-76 / 62.
FOAwcgZ.jpg

This intrigues me even more, who knows what size will have the new CIWS!

Last edited:
Hossein Khanzadi said 3 destroyers will join the navy within the next 4 months: Sahand (carries anti-mine helicopters), Damavand (repaired/overhauled) and Dena.

Fateh submarine will also enter service next week.

What do we know about Dena, have we seen it before (being built etc)?

Dema frigate !!
it occurred to me that in the naval shipyard north of Bandar Abbas already in December 2016 a ship had been identified in an advanced phase of construction
24v09qa.jpg

and that resembles the Jamaran, confirmed by a video published in an article on the web on February 4 2017 -16 Bachmann 1 395 (Shanbeh) observe at minute 00:15.
http://www.iribnews.ir/fa/news/1496055/به-آب-اندازی-نخستین-کشتی-تحقیقاتی-اقیانوس-پیما-فیلم
below I have extrapolated a frame.
Bostanu shipyard : frigate type Jamaran (red arrow)
XH7LSpR.jpg

vlXVAYP.jpg

qmqA0np.jpg

who knows maybe this is it " DEMA" !?

.........However, the user "VEVAK" translated from Farsi as "frigate Dema", while the Iranian military authorities identified this type of military ships as destroyers, leaving the frigate terminology to the FAC class Kaman and Sina

Dema -
In my post of June 12, 2018 I had included photos of a naval unit class Moudge that is under construction in the shipyard north of Bandar Abbas, who knows if this is the ship that is called Dema !?

Sahand destroyer will be equipped with Kamand CIWS.

In this Persian year (four months left), New Damavand destroyer will join the navy in north and shortly after, Dena destroyer will be launched in the south.
currently Dena's weapons systems are being installed and it's construction is 80% completed.

فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش:
ایران سه ناوشکن به دریا می‌فرستد/ زیر دریایی ایرانی دشمن را غافلگیر می‌کند/ کاملا خودکفا هستیم

Sahand destroyer will be equipped with Kamand CIWS.

In this Persian year (four months left), New Damavand destroyer will join the navy in north and shortly after, Dena destroyer will be launched in the south.
currently Dena's weapons systems are being installed and it's construction is 80% completed.

فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش:
ایران سه ناوشکن به دریا می‌فرستد/ زیر دریایی ایرانی دشمن را غافلگیر می‌کند/ کاملا خودکفا هستیم
it doesn't look like damavand will have ciws?

i guess sahand (with ciws) and fateh submarine will be shown on wednesday, the others we have to wait longer for

so is it the copy of the Russian AK-630?
The only thing that leaves me doubts that it might be something else is the rate of fire that Iranian authorities are talking about.. They are talking about 4000 to 7000 rounds per min...

Back
Top Bottom