What's new

Iranian Navy Commander Urges Iran-India Closer Maritime Ties

[Bregs]

Reaction score
Country
India
Tasnim News Agency - Navy Commander Urges Iran-India Closer Maritime Ties

Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari called for stronger relations between Tehran and New Delhi in maritime fields.Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a meeting with a top-ranking military delegation from India’s University of Strategic Sciences, Sayyari said Iran and India, as two influential countries in the region, can develop broad maritime relations with each other.

Sayyari expressed the hope that Iran and India would promote their relations in a way to end trans-regional countries’ presence for safeguarding security in the northern part of Indian Ocean.He then said northern part of Indian Ocean is one of the strategic trade areas of the world due to the existence of energy routes.

Elsewhere, Sayyari announced that the country will host navies from 45 world countries since it has received the official membership of a conference of navy commanders of Indian Ocean littoral countries in 2018, IRNA reported.
Earlier this month, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had expressed his country’s enthusiasm for establishing a new era of relations with Iran.

In a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in New Delhi, Modi said he has prepared all Indian officials for a new round of relations with Iran.The Indian premier said he was impressed by the Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s “positive and constructive” stances in a July summit in the Russian city of Ufa.

Modi said he has felt President Rouhani’s seriousness on the enhancement of Iran-India relations.The Indian prime minister also called for the immediate establishment of a joint commission for the expansion of bilateral relations.

Last edited:
Tasnim News Agency - Navy Commander Urges Iran-India Closer Maritime Ties

Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari called for stronger relations between Tehran and New Delhi in maritime fields.Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a meeting with a top-ranking military delegation from India’s University of Strategic Sciences, Sayyari said Iran and India, as two influential countries in the region, can develop broad maritime relations with each other.

Sayyari expressed the hope that Iran and India would promote their relations in a way to end trans-regional countries’ presence for safeguarding security in the northern part of Indian Ocean.He then said northern part of Indian Ocean is one of the strategic trade areas of the world due to the existence of energy routes.

Elsewhere, Sayyari announced that the country will host navies from 45 world countries since it has received the official membership of a conference of navy commanders of Indian Ocean littoral countries in 2018, IRNA reported.
Earlier this month, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had expressed his country’s enthusiasm for establishing a new era of relations with Iran.

In a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in New Delhi, Modi said he has prepared all Indian officials for a new round of relations with Iran.The Indian premier said he was impressed by the Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s “positive and constructive” stances in a July summit in the Russian city of Ufa.

Modi said he has felt President Rouhani’s seriousness on the enhancement of Iran-India relations.The Indian prime minister also called for the immediate establishment of a joint commission for the expansion of bilateral relations.
It seems Iran is boosting ties with India in all of fields. It's great...

After lifting of sanctions the centuries old ties between Iran and India will be made stronger by greater economic cooperation, strategic relationship and mush more
Great.
Flag-Pins-Iran-India.jpg

I look forward to doing that. I've visited Iran a number of times, but for professional reasons; the lat time in the late 1980s. The first time was in the time of the Shah.

you might be having some memories to share about that times Iran ? people are very friendly to Indians i heard ?

It's long time that you haven't visit Iran. I invite you to visit Iran with your family.

Thank you very much for your gracious invitation. The fact is that I had friends from Iran much before I even went there. They were fellow students in India, in college. One of them even introduced me to the beauty of Indian Classical Music !
Great friends. Of course some of them were very active in the movement against the Shah, but that is in the past now. Tell me: is there a Deigosha Avenue in Teheran ? I never had a chance to visit Teheran, only the port cities.

you might be having some memories to share about that times Iran ? people are very friendly to Indians i heard ?

I had a chance to travel most of the world, the people of Iran were the friendliest that I met. I am not talking about City dwellers who speak English and interact with tourists or something like that. I am talking about simple people living in modest houses on the outskirts of town called Khorramshahr on the Shatt al Arab river, people who could not speak a word of any language but Farsi, and the way they responded to a young Indian youth visiting in their country.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom