What's new

Iranian movies are really good

I am not surprised. Despite some of the recent dips we've seen in Iran-Pakistan relation, the fact remains Iranians and Pakistanis share a deep bond, culturally and religiously. In every day life, Iranians and Pakistanis on a personal level are extremely close. I speak from personal experience.

Pakistan has not even began to reach its potential bro. Not just in cinema, but economically, socially, industrially etc. Unfortunately many nations in our region are plagued by deep mismanagement and corruption. This is not something that will be fixed in just one President or Prime Minister's term. But I am confident we'll overcome it.
Dude you are basically our cousins..

Ethnically and culturally.. one only has to see the shared history we have..

I am not surprised. Despite some of the recent dips we've seen in Iran-Pakistan relation, the fact remains Iranians and Pakistanis share a deep bond, culturally and religiously. In every day life, Iranians and Pakistanis on a personal level are extremely close. I speak from personal experience.

Pakistan has not even began to reach its potential bro. Not just in cinema, but economically, socially, industrially etc. Unfortunately many nations in our region are plagued by deep mismanagement and corruption. This is not something that will be fixed in just one President or Prime Minister's term. But I am confident we'll overcome it.

Pakistan is coming back into the world after almost two to three decades of isolation.

Geopolitics are poisonous between the two and sectarian divisions amplify those tensions. I hope for a better future, where we can unite as brothers in Islam.

Culturally, racially, theologically, we are very similar. We study the same Sufi sheikhs and Hanafi Sunni Islam has many parallels with Ithna Ashari Shia Islam.

Sometimes when I watch Iranian movies, I stop looking at subs as I can understand what is being said. This is how close our languages are.

I feel the same for Turkish as well. When I was watching Ertugrul or Yunus Emre, many of the common words we share and Sufi ideas were mistranslated in English. However, being Pakistani, I was able to ascertain the meaning regardless. After a while, I began getting an ear for the Turkish language too.

Before British banned Dari from Pakistan, we spoke it as our main language. Over time, we were forced to abandon it on pain of death.

Still, all of my grandparents spoke Dari, in addition to Urdu, Punjabi, and a few other dialects. They were from the Kashmir-Punjab border region. After partition, they had to migrate and they settled in Central Punjab near Lahore.

Last edited:
@Aspen

Make sure to watch the Oscar winning movie called "A Separation".

I have watched this one, it became quite famous after it won an Academy award. Asghar Farhadi is a great director.

@Aspen Iranian movies are great, they have several notable directors.

Check this movie 'Tala ve Mes' aka Gold and Copper.

It is about an Islamic student studying to be a scholar while his wife develops MS. Quite a good movie.

I will check it out

I remember BTV ( Bangladesh Television ) used to aur Iranian movie once a week , us , our neighbor’s used to watch them . They are pretty good and were very popular in Dhaka .
There was this one movie where a kid wanted a pair of shoe . So he took part in a race in his school , but he he came first , he was unhappy because the pair of shoe was probably third prize .
Hope we would see them again .

not a big fan of bollywood myself, but calling bollywood trash is just showing your bias, some of their production is of high quality.

That is the past. Present Bollywood is trash, and the industry is now crumbling under this whole Sushant mess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom